New European servers covered by Path Network, Reader Update, and User Notes for Supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power Uploader
We still get DDoSed once a week, but our infrastructure is now able to absorb this without compromising on site access

That's nice to hear! 😊

Yup, it's nice to hear that the site still gets DDoSed. At least it keeps them on their toes 👌😁

Fed-Kun's army
Comment votes? I remember we had those on the old Bato.to website. Not bad at all, but after using Mangadex I don't find myself missing them.

I might be a bit naive but I'm struggling to work out who would want to DDos mangadex. Is it rival websites that are jealous of such a good site, or just random and bored people?
I could never want to do any such thing to you guys, you're just the best.

As far as comment reaction systems go, i always appreciate separation of "funny" and "useful" upvotes for anywhere you might want serious answers/reviews.
Though I don't really miss it beyond wishing i could give a laugh react to a good joke every now and then. 😄

is a Reindeer
VIP
@elgreggo We don't know motives either, it's typically bad news to associate yourselves with a DDoS anyways. We just know it happens and we have to make sure it doesn't bring the site down when it does. In the past we used to rely on activating a captcha for all users everyday, now everything is nice and peaceful

Fed-Kun's army
DDoS attacks still? Someone's a little salty, not sure who; I just feel that's their motive.

Miku best girl
Admin
As we become more popular, other ad infested sites become less popular, and their ad revenue reduces. This has probably pissed them off.

As we become more popular, other ad infested sites become less popular, and their ad revenue reduces. This has probably pissed them off.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

"couldn't laugh like"

@Yourself probably MD will rely on Tachiyomi for now, maybe someone will kind enough to code an app exclusively for MD.
The web reader is good enough on mobile tho

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@MisakaxMisaka posted:

I noticed it doesn't work with legacy on is there a reason why?
You mean the gap warning thing? Legacy is Legacy because it's not going to get updates, except for the rare exceptions where not updating it would outright break some new feature outside the reader itself, such as the recent external chapter (i.e. MangaPlus support) update.

hello there thank for the update
pls add the ability to make the picture's bigger next 😁( google chrome method f^^k the ui, so a proper feature will be awesome )

@Plykiya
Path benefits from supporting us for free by using us as an example to get actual clients. We're a huge site and a lot of their server traffic
They are probably using your user data to train their algorithms. Also their privacy policy is industry standard intrusive:
"This Privacy Policy applies to all visitors to our website, users of our services, and information we collect from visitors to the websites of users of our services. Path is the owner of the information collected on the website and through its services. Path may use the data we acquire about our users and the visitors to their websites to aggregate data. "
It is also not GDPR compliant:
"By using Path’s website and services, you consent to the transmittal of personal data outside of the European Union,"
And pure comedy:
"Path’s website and services are not intended for, nor designed to attract, individuals under the age of eighteen. Path does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from any person under the age of eighteen."

Their strategic partners are also dodgy looking Chinese cryptocurrency companies: https://path.net/about-us/

btw I notice that mangadex doesn't have a privacy policy of its own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread