New login system rolled out

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're getting logged out this frequently, can the web designer at least consider switching the default theme to one of the dark themes? It's incredibly painful to refresh my manga list to check for updates only to get my eyeballs seared out by the sudden white theme.

Aggregator gang
Maybe you guys using vpn so the site keep logging you out? I don't find any such logging problem.

Adding new 2FA identificator don't work now? Try to change my auth device and every time i get "Failed to verify logincode!" on 2 step.

Dex-chan lover
I get logged-out without closing my browser, when I switch ISPs (because of changing location).

I wish the new login system would honour the keep us logged in for a year option. I find that the new system to be a bit irritating since it keeps loggin us out.

I get logged out without leaving the Website after ~1Hr not reading
Using Chrome on Tablet.

Group Leader
@421cookies Using a VPN may be the cause for some people, but I am not using a VPN and the problem is just as rampant.

@Holo @rdn One of the problems appears to be that, if the device's ISP changes, the new system no longer recognizes the connection. For us poor soles who still do not have a permanent ISP for home connection, if the ISP changes, we are immediately logged out of mangadex. Another situation I noticed is that when my cellphone switches it's connection (say when I get home and it automatically switches to Wi-Fi mode), thus changing it's ISP, mangadex will also log out. None of this happened before the new login system roll out. My "Persistent Sessions" list is growing by leaps and bounds!

There must be a better way. amazon.com, which seems to have the very best security, does not log me out when my ISP changes, nor even when I shut off my desktop.

This new system is particularly annoying since I now have the same problem on the 3 devices I regularly use to access mangadex. It's even more annoying when using my laptop or desktop as I have to switch my browser in order to do many things since most of the buttons (post message, upload file, follow, etc., etc.) no longer work on my favorite browser so I am forced to log in twice on the same computer every time I get logged out.

I'm pretty sure switching between networks is enough to log you out.
I get logged out whenever I go from school to home or vice-versa.

Remember me (1 Year)
please remember me.
System : who are you? relogin again

Contributor
I've been logged in on this site for more than 2 hours today. When I left the site logged in last night when I went to bed, it was still logged in this morning. I've had no problems.

Power Uploader
I'm getting logged out every time my IP changes. (I'm using desktop btw). Remember me 1 year isn't working for change in IP. Please do something. Earlier it wasn't like this.

Contributor
ugh this login issue is... well not terrible, but quite annoying since I usually go directly to the follows page, but when I login I am redirected to the homepage (why, I wonder). I access mangadex from both home and work and the PC is the same, so the issue must be in me changing ISP? definitely annoying. there HAS to be something better than me logging in from the same device, same browser twice or three times a day just because.

EDIT: yeah the "remember me" checkbox isn't that useful anymore

Miku best girl
Admin
We're looking at lowering the security. Looks like we made it too secure lol😅

@Holo Ah well, better higher then lower 😁
Thanks to the Mangadex people for revolutionising the way I read manga lol.

Miku best girl
Admin
We have rolled another patch to the session handling, making it less strict about ISP-provided variables.

Let us know if the logout problem persists.

I had problems staying logged in 12 hours ago but it it seems to finally remember me properly. Can't speak for others though.
I know you're going through some difficult stuff currently and I really appreciate the hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread