Nidome no Jinsei wo Isekai de - Vol. 8 Ch. 38 - It seems like escape from the hero

Double-page supporter
wait, is it "no group" or valhalla? 🧐

Thx for the work in any case

Double-page supporter
That credits page...
Didn't you know you are supposed to work for free, only for aggregator sites to yoink your translation and profit from running ads?

Dex-chan lover
That credits page, have you ever worked professionally once? That's how to lose people interested in funding you fast.

Dex-chan lover
@Liquidxlax I've already forgotten, but does Renya know the sword is indestructible? Logically he should know since normal swords require regular maintenance, and so he would have noticed very soon that no matter how many men or monsters he cuts, the katana's edge would always remain the same. However, with this series being as it is, I wouldn't bet on it.

Given money: "Wow I love this scanlating thing"
Not given money: "How dare you not give me money you are all terrible people. I hate scanlating now."

Let us see though, you got completely warranted criticism for: poor translation quality, poor typesetting, no proofreading, sniping chapters.

Realistically though where you supposedly lost 7-13 hours (nice spread), you apparently gained invaluable skills in Microsoft Paint.
Hopefully you learned from this experience and better luck next time princess.

Group Leader
Idk why not ask for other people to help you out than? Most scanlation groups are volunteers and they do better job than you, instead of showing greed show understanding.

real question here:

Why do you (readers) get triggered when requested for donations or commissions in tl?

my comment:

the way i see it is that you can always wait for as long as you want for the tl you like and gets the best score or pay and get at least something, for someone that used the google image translator, this is way better, and now that the anity extension for chrome is out well, the more options the better

I have no issues when they ask for donations.
Sometimes i may give, depending on how diligent they are... i really got tired of the hit and run translators, who only do 3 chapters, see no income and decide to stagnate to eternity.

I have issues when you ransom chapters tho.... asking for x amount for the next release... Meh... i'll honestly go find something else, or wait for someone else to take over, and if they are diligent, i'll donate to them instead.

How tf are people reasonably complaining about sniping chapters when it's been 3 weeks since the release of the raws?

@Rockdrop
Oh well, I intend to translate manga as long as there is support (and after this chapter I finally received it!)
So... I am always here and will translate manga (I suck as redrawer though)
Also, yes, you are totally right.
Translating manga, editing, redrawing and all this stuff is very time consuming and hard work, so you should have great patience to finish something,
even if you do it half-assed. I even have to take some breaks because of it

@ IAmInept
I'm aware of my bad skills and won't deny it
Also, it's a choice of the people to make donations or not. They are free to choose
And as of now, I've got plenty and very thankful for them, so the next chapter is in progress now

@conscript117
Thank you for kind words!
I did this chapter because there were no updates and someone asked about it in PM,
so I've decided to translate it and explain my position to people so they could decide if they want to wait for others or support me so I will continue my work.
I'm not a greedy person, so even if they treat me a 1-2$ I will be happy with that, but just doing this for free feels like slavery to me, even if I love manga so much
So here, I think everyone should receive what they deserve

@Owyn
no group is because I work alone (except for proofreaders who changes from time to time because they don't want to do it/don't have time or something else)
So there is no reason to create a group for me

@Halo
Oh, darn it...

@Arcara
Then, I've deserved it

@Kaarme
Is there a lot of manga's where MC sharpen and restore their weapon? I barely can name a one

@vidopnir
Oh well, what an ugly mess I've created with all that time... You're right

@Alexakis
Damn, you right, I should probably just quit it already and give other volunteer groups to do it instead

@aigomorla
This is wise. You can't be sure when they decide to quit
Everyone can see that I have a 3 months account, but the amount of manga solely translated by me looks pretty nice
Also, I'm always for the pay-what-you-want thing, so it's only for people to decide my value as a translator

Dex-chan lover
@Engylizium Haha, that might be true. But I feel like there's something wrong about using that as proof. They ought to be doing it, maybe outside of the panels. Kind of like how they would usually do with defecating. So, even if we didn't see the MC emptying their bowels, if an MC themselves noticed they never need to do it (despite being a living human, not a skeleton), the story ought to make a point out of it.

Double-page supporter
> redrawing and all this stuff is very time consuming and hard work

there's an opinion that redrawing is an overkill, and a fully normal alternative would be totally not doing it and just writing TL on page sides or if there's no place there just above the text itself with bold white font shadow - many people do it that way and it's totally ok
in my opinion redrawing is just a cherry on top, a touch to make it look fully professional

Group Leader
@Engylizium I see how you may have taken it the wrong way but what I'm implying is not for you to quit but to gather people and improve the quality, especially the redrawing part...

@Kaarme
Yeah, you're right, I think I forgot about this matter because sometimes I read some stupid brain dead harem manga's lol

@Owyn
Well, I think the same!

@Alexakis
If you've read the previous comment by @Owyn , you can see that there are many varying opinions about this.
I certainly agree with you about redrawing and it's the most annoying part in the whole manga translation process also
I was pretty lazy about this in chapter 38 so I will improve it a bit.
Also, I have my reasons to not gather people into a group and the first number in the list is "People aren't reliable"
So, as I've always said - take it "as is"

Dex-chan lover
@dwarfjazzer
now that the anity extension for chrome is out
what's anity and how is it releva-

holy shit
the future is finally here
here's hoping it'd came to firefox soonish so i don't need to migrate my bookmarks and shit

@mage_goo
I just installed it for Firefox and well...Good luck with reading that!😄

P.S.: It's even not helping at all with translation
P.P.S.: Chapter 39 will be uploaded today or tommorow (depends on proofreader)

Double-page supporter
Pssh. The WN's solution to this arc was much better:

They made a copy of Shion that was sent in place of her that basically acted like a suicide bomber.

Users who are viewing this thread