Nidome no Yuusha - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - The Hero Walks His Way Around the World in His Second Chance

Power Uploader
Well this is some of the worst typesetting I've ever seen.
No concept of lining or leading whatsoever.
Serif "I"s all over the place.
At least the redrawing and SFX aren't terrible.

Having excessive vertical space between lines might be a beginner's mistake, but it hardly counts as "worst typesetting". Maybe you should share your superior typesetting knowledge with the group, instead of badmouthing it.

Power Uploader
First of all, I said "some of the". It's not the worst. Nice strawman, by the way.

As for tips...
Decrease your autoleading. Wild Words works at 100% IIRC.
Make your lines uniform. Experiment with moving words to another line.
Every line needs punctuation. This is English, not Japanese.
Your text should be centered. No, the bottom right bubble on Page 2 is not centered.
The Title is unreadable. Make it two lines.
The only time serif I should be used is when it refers to the pronoun "I", including contractions.
Change the narration font on Page 4. It's WAY too different to the body text.
Same with the screaming font on page 7.
And same with the font on page 12. Action Figure BB is WAY out of place.
In fact, screw it. There are WAY to many font changes.
And so on...

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Italics for thought bubbles.
Keep ellipses on the same line as the word they're after.
Horizontal ellipses, not vertical ones.
Page 36, two boxes have the same text.

Is it just me or I've been reading a fuck ton more of TL arguments/criticisms nowadays than back then.. Well I guess LHT isn't the best out there right now but theres criticisms and shit talking of other TLs in other popular mangas too.

This chapter was actually not bad, I almost forgot the chapters that came before this. xD

Really don't understand the criticism. This is perfectly legible and looks good imo. Even after checking the pages again I don't really see anything that stands out.

If you think this quality is bad, you really haven't seen bad and far from the worst.

Have seen unintelligible translations written in some old type writer font cut out as a white box and laid on top of text bubbles on small and blurry raws. That is bad.

Think I'd rather just stop at giving credit to LHT for being able to output so many translations and suggest any criticism be purely constructive if you actually want it to have effect.

Dex-chan lover
>slave
He better treats his slave bad as well to carry on the edgy revenge theme. Though I feel author gonna show MC soft side (for redemption purposes) with her. Pretty meh if its going to be that way.

You know they have an email to send your criticism to, right?

These comment sections sound a lot, and I mean A LOT, like the fan-subbing wars of days past. But I guess history needs to repeat itself.

Power Uploader
@kah0922
Thank you for the list. You've turned somebody's (LHT's as usual) mistakes into a learning experience for me.
I could see everything except for the serif-sans "I"s during my first read of it. By that, are you referring to something such as when they're using a serif "I" for "It's" and not for "I", "I'm" or "I'll"?

Dex-chan lover
@77BLc9JwJGpLVARkamJx
What does he have against the slave? In a certain sense he was an unknowing slave himself in his previous life because he was first used and then disposed of when no longer needed. If he keeps his edge with the slave, it would be for a couple of simple purposes: To not get too comfortable and happy because it would erode his vengeful mentality, and to make sure the slave won't betray him if he lowers his guard (he's deadly tired of getting betrayed). His best bet would be treat the slave decently and to direct all of the anger inside the slave toward the government and the society that allowed slavery.

Users who are viewing this thread