Nihonkoku Shoukan

Dex-chan lover
@rizal12345 I wish you a good day in advance, and yes i believe some countries have a more clean record than others but that doesn't mean that they dont have some dirt on them i just believe that putting Japan on a pedestal like they are doing so in this manga is in short propaganda (obviously) because they are in no way a "good guy" nation as seen in their past. Also who are you referring to when you say dumbfuckistan?

@controversial-me Good day, Dumbfuckistan refers to 'murrica. USA.
yes I agree Japan is no good guy. Just a couple decades ago they bring so much pain to my country, which suffers greatly because of their betrayal.
no apologies or whatsoever till now.
Gerakan_3a.jpeg

@IronMace1990

Why did you imply that "Our New World" is being translated by someone else when Yukkuri's the one writing it?

go read back on this thread for what your response was

Dex-chan lover
@actankeh

I thought you were talking about Yukkuri translating NS. Sorry about that. Well, Yukkuri is also the one who translate the LN version of Nihonkoku Shoukan, aside from that story

Dex-chan lover
@actankeh

Yeah, 2020 is a bad ender for an NS update (both in manga and in the WN drafts). Ch. 21 will be out on Jan. 24 next year and WN drafts are delayed again

I’m currently at chapter 10, and tbh i dont know if i can continue. Sure it’s satisfying af to see medieval armies getting their ass kicked by modern tech but besides that there’s no depth to it. Politicians are as smart as a 5 year old kid. Like in 5 fucking minutes japan makes a commercial agreement, there’s no diplomatic game, no negociation, which would be understandable if the medieval nation was trying to gain something but not even that, just for the sake of being friend, my brain just died. Well at least they didnt say japan didnt commit any warcrimes like gate did. But at least politics in Gate arent as braindead as the one in this manga.

One of the great and unique manga. Its very satisfying seeing how modern weapon completely obliterate fantasy enemies. It has been one of my guilty pleasure to watch modern civilization completely overkill fantasy enemies with no problem. Reminds of the GATE but this is more satisfying and OP haha

Fed-Kun's army
@Peenemunde
Like in 5 fucking minutes japan makes a commercial agreement, there’s no diplomatic game, no negociation
There is negotiation! Already in chapter #3:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/518759/9

How could you overlook that? And there are more diplomatic game & negotiations in chapter #18. Japan's diplomats get stonewalled hard.

Dex-chan lover
If anyone enjoys this sort of setting, I highly recommend you check out the Destroyermen book series by Taylor Anderson. It's similar, and is superbly written.

This manga reminds me of the shin gojira (long tail godzilla) movie 2019 plot like how would japan react to such situation where there are no main characters, in this case the japan government gets isekaied... its like a view point on a bigger scale of GATE anime

Dex-chan lover
After reading all currently-available chapters, I have to say: this manga is dumb fun, getting to watch arrogant high fantasy pricks get blown to bits.

Otherwise, there's not much point to reading it. It's Japan pretending to be the USA (and I'm saying this as a Canadian) & amazing at combat, while also trying to be super nice.
Chapter 4 is a Rape of Nanking scenario, except Japan's on the nice side this time instead of being the assholes who did it.

Users who are viewing this thread