Ningen Fushin no Boukenshatachi ga Sekai o Sukuu Youdesu - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - Pendant

Dex-chan lover
Real smal brains wasted a good vanguard
They could have defeated that thing without killing her and kept on having her kill everything for them

Dex-chan lover
Why didn't they rape her? Isn't this a dark fantasy? Usually in these type of genre, after deception comes other horrible stuff but I don't see it here. Acting out of character? Half-assed personality? If they're already assholes who trick and deceive others and get them killed, why wouldn't they use her till she has no value left? Guess they aren't as bad as I think, or I've read too much gruesome dark fantasy that perceive other humans as scums.

Fed-Kun's army
The betrayers in this manga feel kinda pointlessly assholish. But I guess it has to get through 4 betrayals without wasting too much screentime and they have to be bad enough to trigger trust issues.

Fed-Kun's army
@Ibri: Yeah it's the same with the MC. All of the betrayals are EXTREMELY minor and isolated incidents. One asshole betraying you doesn't mean you can't trust again it just means to be smarter and not let yourself be used as bait.

Besides why would they waste her like that? She was clearly stronger than any of those losers so why throw her away for a SINGLE boss clear? That's so pointless plus the buttering her up before hand was excessive. Also how did none of them notice it was a magic amulete of Anti poison? No one bothered to look into it? Also even if they did HAVE to sacrifice their vanguard ... why not bring even a few herbs to help her survive? At least try to save your pawn to keep using it!

This is a common problem with "Dark Fantasy" as they tend to make the bad guys cartoonishly evil or just stupid assholes for no reason just to screw other people over. It's basically the exact opposite of a happy go lucky series where everyone is unreasonably friendly and helpful. Both extremes are equally unrealistic and hurt the quality of the story.

Talk about killing the golden goose
Can't even be mad at the prick for being stupid
Cuz it's clearly the author that's forcing him to hold the idiot ball

One of the other guys said "you're getting good at this". Presumably it's their strategy to hire someone then leave them to die while taking their valuables.

Double-page supporter
@Metazoxan
"Extremely Minor"

Ah yes, the minor trouble of pretending to love me, leaving me to die, and stealing my family's sacred heirloom.

The insignificant snafu of falsely accusing me of rape and getting me locked away in prison for years, ruining my reputation.

The unimportant incident of stealing my fiancé, turning everyone against me, and having me stripped of my title and cast out of my home.

Like, they may be isolated, but I can see how that can fuck up someone's sense of trust.

Nah, if im the leader, i will teach all what they lack as long as im capable of doing it. It also gives my members more assurance to trust me for my actions.

You earn trust by letting someone know your capabilities but it should also be the the other way around or else its will just turn into one sided idea of trust /manipulating someone coz they dont know the value of your action

Fed-Kun's army
@icantnotthink what I mean by minor is in terms of scope. yeah leaving someone to die is horrible ... but one random asshole doing that doesn't mean everyone is going to do that. Plus the betrayl itself was a bit excessive.

In the end it's all an excuse to set of the narative of a team of adventurers who don't want to trust anyone learning to trust each other.

But even though the betrayals make little sense (like seriously in some of those cases they lost far more than they gained just to screw this person over) if you look past that it's an okay set up. Although IMO they should have made the betrayls harsher and related to people closer to them rather than "just some guild members they mistakenly gave blind trust to".

I mean hell the main character gets thrown out of his party because he's "too smart" which is complete bullshit. Either the party leader is a moron or he was trying to cut him free because he knew the MC was too good for his party of worthless deadbeats. And even the author realized that wasn't enough to make the MC "hate humans" so he threw in a gold digger girlfriend on top of it.

A party of dead beats and a gold digger girlfriend are not enough to hate all humans. I could understand if he didn't want to get into a relationship again. But all humans? Who the hell takes such a specific incident and applies it to all of humanity?

Double-page supporter
@Metazoxan
I mean, they specifically show that all of them immediately got wasted at a bar. So they weren't probably saying "All people are garbage" sober-full-face-value-completely-seriously but more so drunkenly venting their frustration. They obviously don't think ALL humanity is irredeemable trash (or else they wouldn't be in a party together and MC wouldn't still love his idol), but just that they won't be able to trust like they could. They've become disillusioned with blind belief/expectation that people won't screw you over (which is what they got in return for trying to do their best in their situations).

What they've been through seems like completely valid reasons to distrust everyone.

Fed-Kun's army
@icantnotthink Except even after the bar scene it's implied they are acting like no one can be trusted. Sure they aren't shouting it to the heaven's in a drunken rage. But still their reactions to isolated betrayls are excessive.

Again especially the MC who was kicked out of a party, but only because he was litterally too good for them which is almost a compliment. And his girlfriend was a gold digger.

I mean that second one sucks. But these are not incidents that should make you doubt humanity in general. There is a difference between not having blind trust in people and acting like everyone is out to get you.

Fed-Kun's army
dumb girl....she should've known someone who were just letting her fight instead of actually helping isn't worth her help at all .-.
well the result is her no longer be so....trusting so it's all good lol

Dex-chan lover
"The anti-poison amulet she was carrying brought her back to life."
"All she had left was the dragon bone sword and the swan pendant Karios gave her."
Does the anti-poison amulet break after use, or is this a writing error?

Users who are viewing this thread