Ningen Fushin no Boukenshatachi ga Sekai o Sukuu Youdesu

Dex-chan lover
is that the actual manga cover, because i kinda feel the style looks little different from the content of the manga?

This story is just boring, to put it bluntly. There's a lot better RPG style manga out there. It feels like the author is trying so hard to make characters interesting by giving them backstories, but to be honest these backstories are extremely shallow and generic. There's nothing remotely interesting about the characters, and the development and interactions between them is also pretty shallow.
If you're interested in it because of the betrayal/revenge story, just look up the keyword "revenge hero" on mangadex and you'll find much better ones.

"oh ho ho. Humans can't be trusted!"

Have any of these fucking people ever looked in a goddamn mirror? Holy shit.

Now for the actual review: The story itself does have some pacing issues, but the bond between the party members growing is a very nice feature. We rarely see them struggle to over come their trust issues without quickly slobbering over MC dick.

Double-page supporter
@lenovoaxioo yes, i check it on the link provided above and it's correct...

just think the manga illustrator is trying hard doing the cover to bait ppl in

@Xenonxyz i don't think this was focused on revenge tho. The main focus up till now is how their bonds grow stronger. And it did great on that. Other than that, i pretty much agree with you. But, their "shallow" backstory isn't even completed (we haven't seen the other 2's backstory). And, if you compare it to ReZero, yes it's very shallow. But if you compare it to other isekai trash? This is better. So i'd say this is average than to bluntly justify like that.

Like any great story, it starts like a joke. So an annoyingly-strict human, a naive dragon girl, a convicted ex-priest, and a disgraced noble walk into a bar...

Anyway, so in summary, it's a surprisingly down-to-earth isekai story about four people who were backstabbed or betrayed by people they trust, who band together to form a tight-knit party that grows together and heals their hearts.

Unlike most isekai stories, the protagonists are not a team of legendary heroes chosen by the gods to defeat the demon lord. They're a group of common adventurers who quest just to make ends meet, and maybe have a bit of fun with the leftover cash. Each adventurer has a grim backstory about their betrayal, which ties into their current actions from the way they act toward their teammates. Anyway, here are some pros and cons.

Pros:
- A relatively-fresh story about rising up after a fall and overcoming trauma.
- Well-written dialogue, albeit a bit on the corny side sometimes.

Cons:
- The main protagonist looks nearly identical to any other isekai protag, despite being nothing like them.
- There are some occasional ecchi moments mixed in, mostly thanks to the buxom dragon girl. Not too common, though, luckily.
- So far, the story seems to keep the spotlight on the two main characters, despite starting the story by establishing a team of four interesting characters. The other two are closer to background characters with very little development.

All in all, I give it a 6.5/10, which is still better than what I'd rate 90% of isekai manga. I hope the story decides to share the spotlight with the whole party soon, and recent plot developments seem to hint toward such, so I'm looking forward to future chapters.

Nei

Dex-chan lover
The progression towards the chapter 20 scene was as close as perfect as it gets from my perspective, I know a lot of people would like this type of thing to happen at chapter 60~80 but reading it weekly since the start, this just feels right, the timing feels really good (maybe if u read it in 1 hour it doesn't feel that way), not really a story about hatred or vengeance, just a story about a party of 4 homies that got betrayed but still care about the people around them, and how they start caring about each other.

Really looking forward to more chapters and to see some more development to the 4 in the party! And thanks as always for this translations!

Users who are viewing this thread