No Home

This is one of the best things I've ever read, but the blonde dude is really aggravating. You'll see why if you read it.

eunyung and haejoon are best friends now
wahts his name range pissboy is really like
third wheeling here
honestly his personality feels off
like he gets others involved in his problems even knowing it wont go well
and seems he might be
a stalker for this girl?
what happened to ghost girl come backkkkkkkkkkkkk
thank you for translating mr lovely man

Honestly Juwan is annoying but his mom is very much a crazy stalker so I understand why he became so pissy...

@blfanacount To be fair if your stuff goes missing the reasonable thing is to assume that someone in the house did it.
I don't think anyone could have taken into account that Juwan's mom was breaking into the house and moving things. This is completely inappropriate especially since other people besides her son live there. Juwan's father already said that Juwan's brother left to get away from her. She has no boundaries when it comes to her sons. She doesn't let them have privacy and embarrasses them by talking about private info with others. Juwan seems to be suffering from paranoia and anxiety because of his mother.

@Drili Juwan comes off as having paranoia and anxiety. I don't blame him for it. Even his brother left home to get away from their mom. She has zero boundaries when it comes to her kids. She thinks that she has a right to invade their privacy at all times. If she had reason to think that they were in danger it would be understandable but this is not the case. She wants her sons to trust her and tell her things about their lives but then gives them zero reason to trust her. She then uses that information to gossip about them to her friends. It's humiliating and invasive to Juwan.

Breaking into his dorm is just a new level of disrespectful.
First off, that's not her house. She can't come and go as she pleases. Second, other people besides Juwan live here. She's been wandering the house without any of the occupants knowing about it. She doesn't understand that this is wrong. It seems her excuse continues to be that she's Juwan's mom and therefore it's okay. I would want to get way from her too.

D57yDPY
and here we see two shocked orphans

@beatriz89 Couldn't have said better myself my dude! Juwan's mom is really off the rails delusional to the extent she's borderline a danger to the public and even herself. Just look at how disheveled she arrived at the house, where exactly did she come from?? Not the proper road I'm sure.

I like this manga and I definitely recommend it. I think that to some extent all the characters are sympathetic. Even if they're in the wrong, the narrative doesn't go out of the way to make them into a one dimensional villain. I'm really enjoying how the series is divided into character arcs that focus on individual characters. It's nice that the previous characters don't disappear so we see their stories continue in other arcs, even if the arc doesn't focus on them. Haejoon is my favorite so far, haha. He's a kind but somewhat grumpy kid. It's nice that the characters all have different backgrounds so they react different to the situation. I think what is most interesting is that the story takes a realistic approach to living with a parent with mental illness.

In Haejoon's case we find out that the ghosts were real, but he still had to deal with society treating them both like pariahs. He also convinced himself that his mother was sick and became afraid that he was mentally ill as well. It's a very tragic story. I also think that his mother could have done more to be understanding towards her son. It was pretty obvious that he was terrified. What's even more frustrating is that in the first chapter Haejoon says that his mother was afraid of the things she saw at first, but eventually got used to it. So she knew how terrifying ghosts could be and she couldn't have been gentler with her own son? Her behavior also came off as bizarre to the neighborhood and made Haejoon a social outcast.

To be honest, I dislike Haejoon's mother more than Juwan's. She should have stopped when it became obvious that Haejoon was feeling more than discomfort and was actually scared. But she kept pushing and just laughed it off when he cried. I wonder what Eunyung's family is like. It kind of seems like a trend so far that everyone has a difficult relationship with their mother.

@Drili I know right? She's lucky no one saw her to be honest. I used to work at a university library and we got parents like that a lot. If we got a call from a parent we weren't allowed to give them any details on the student's account. Sometimes parents would call to confirm that their kid was checking out books and actually using the library, LOL. My first year there was this guy whose family lived very, very far away. And yet his father decided to stay in a hotel room near the dorm for a month to make sure his son was okay. He'd even try to attend the kid's lectures. It was super embarrassing.

I know moms like this one, though. Their entire life revolves around their kids. They don't have hobbies or participate in anything that doesn't revolve around their kids. Having their kids grow up is terrifying. It's basically the same as losing their identity. If she's not a mother, then what is she? It doesn't look like she has a good relationship with the husband. They act like strangers.

That being said, what she's done pales in comparison to what Haejoon's mother did to him. He spent his entire childhood terrified and you'd just see his mother laugh it off. In the first chapter Haejoon says that his mother admitted to him that she was scared of ghosts at first and had to learn to get used to them. So how come she couldn't spare some consideration for her son? Haejoon was a social outcast with no friends because his mother's behavior came off as bizarre. She didn't choose to have special powers, but she got to choose how to she reacted to them. Haejoon literally saw his mother as mentally ill and was afraid that he'd inherited this illness. I think Juwan's mom comes off as more annoying in the narrative, but I think Haejoon's mom is definitely the worst between the two.

HES ACTUALLY CRYING IN THE WND PANEL DNSBWKDNRI
THSNK YOU FOR FHAPTWR AS ALWAYS
But where are the ghosts I want to see them

Really good read so far, author has a surprising amount of compassion towards their characters who are all written to be generally insufferable people and deeply flawed. Thanks WhataScan for all the work!

thank you scanners I love this comic to bits so happy for the daily updates bless your souls ♡ (๑•ᴗ•๑)

Aggregator gang
I won't pretend it's some perfected execution or some new Shakespeare stuff but this has some of the most fleshed out and realistic characters I've read in a while. Genuinely a treat, glad I found it !

Users who are viewing this thread