No Longer a Heroine!

@artemistled
Thanks for the spoiler !

I have a question because there is something I may have not understood: was she in love with Dowun ? If she was, is the reason why she broke up with him explained ? Why did the b*stard drug her ? Was it for revenge ? Is it also explained?

Group Leader
@Risu-chan it's pretty obvious in chapter 8-9.
lisa does love dowon. she broke up with him because she's always haunted by the memories of her mom being harsh on her, that it's ingrained in her mind that when something goes wrong, it's because she's in the wrong and slacking off. she broke up with him to give herself a peace of mind, and she chose to do it the cruelest way so he wouldn't get involved with her anymore.
and to answer your next question, up until the latest paywalled chapter, it hasn't been explained yet what the deal is with that bastard.

@archkey

Thank you very much for your answer ! To be honest I was not really convinced: she was traumatised by her mom, yes, it's a fact but I do not really understand why she had to break up with him in such a way.

@Risu-chan
Lisa's... pretty sure that, if she tells him "No I actually have to fake breaking up with you," they wouldn't have changed anything, because it's much more painful(?) to know you love and are loved by someone and yet CANNOT be with them versus 'we have cleanly broken off, he should go find something better to do, let's move on'. But like, she's kind of a binchcake about it. She regresses to her "Because I'm Angelisa/Cheonsalisa!" attitude.

Dowon even says he would wait for Lisa if she just told him that what she was saying, basically 'Dowon I played u lol I'm already into this other guy because of a baseless internet rumor due to them locking eyes ONCE in like an awards ceremony- btw its red haired dude and you're just not good enough for me, you commoner,' was just a lie (it was) Dowon seemed pretty confident at first because he "knows she loves him" based off her reactions or whatever lol. But she has to seriously be savage to actually break things off.

Anyway the drugger dude is just a douche. It's.. I don't know, he's crazy, he shows up naked to Lisa's house and Dowon sees him going in (assuming he's the guy she's cheating on him with) and starts crying lmao. He sort of seems to harbor animosity with Lisa though. And yes, Lisa loves Dowon. She even almost kisses the douchebag because she's blackout drunk/high and starts hallucinating Dowon and he [douche] just goes "Nope ^u^"

Based off the comment section, people think Dowon's too far gone because he's doing "spon"(-sorship) and now he's forgotten Lisa pretty much. People are saying ML is really red haired boy?

Group Leader
@artemistled best not to take the korean readers' comments seriously. they hate dowon to an unhealthy extent even though he's a victim in all this too UGH.
besides, why is he too far gone for being sponsored in the first place? so celebrities who got sponsored don't deserve to be happy? they really don't make sense.

ah seriously. i really was hoping this would get better but from reading everybody's spoilers 🙄 i give up.
ffs whenever i read this it just raises my blood pressure. today i was so mad that my entire body started burning up.
i’m done. this is such bullshit. i’m gonna go watch ODG on youtube to calm myself. if you need to smile after reading this, watch the kid dancing with may j lee video. it’s so wholesome.

@archkey Yeah I honestly want
Dowon to get better, I think they just think that because he's corrupt now that he's... well, at least as the ML, not suitable anymore? Lisa already has her own issues and I mean maybe they hurt each other too much(? Mostly Lisa hurting Dowon tho) I can see a possibility of them maybe helping one another but at this point, I'm on the fence about it. I think based on reading this genre the first love interest who gets close and then breaks off usually stays broken off. Either that or they get back together much to the chagrin of most Korean viewers except me bc manhwa has corrupted me as well that toxic behaviour just passes my radar

Power Uploader
@archkey I'm also skimming the raws (I can't read Korean) a couple chapters ahead and
it's ironic that you say readers are jumping on the Dowon-bashing bandwagon, when a good part of this webtoon seems to be about portraying a toxic fandom environment surrounding celebrities in Korea. Fans always feeding off, and giving legs to baseless rumours, and assuming holier-than-thou stances when criticising their idols for not being blameless angels. Seems it's happening here, too: Dowon is hurt, and does the same Faustian bargains other aspirant actors do (Lisa escaping that because she was a child actor and had to deal with different, but arguably worse shit) in order to get ahead, and instead of blaming the celebrity culture, which would be tantamout to criticising the mirror, they blame the celebrities themselves.

Not saying that all celebrities are victims, I'm sure bastards like JoJo who are not only comfortable with their celebrity status but even use it to their advantage, exist. But it seems the irony is lost on some readers.

You know what? Im gonna wait til theres a lot of chapters bc i dont want to be sad ❤

Group Leader
@Kendama oh my god, thank YOU for putting that into words! you're so right. honestly, other than jojo, i can't even hate anyone in this story because i know their circumstances made them that way.

When does this stop being about the past? I'm waiting to see "her return to that glimmering world" but it seems that's its gonna take forever so it's gonna be quite a while till I pick this up.

t

Big problem with this is that raw is only on chapter 22. :(
Just a few more chapters and we'll catch up, feels bad man.

Well, I knew this wasn't gonna be happy, but now I just feel bad for everyone.
I need revenge. I need her to come back and take down everyone.
I need more T___T
Nonetheless, Oh Dowon deserves better and she need help asap.
I hope someone teams up with her for her magnificent comeback.

Note: I'm only on chapter 15 at the time of making this post.

Users who are viewing this thread