Noa-senpai wa Tomodachi. - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Noa-Senpai and Movies

Dex-chan lover
I don't understand women in this sense. One side says nice guys never win, the other says that's just incel talk. Yet when I read some women focused works..... I know fantasy doesn't always correlate with reality but god damn. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle... the question is where.
In general, every woman is different, and everyone has different preferences. With that being said, for 90% of women, being fit and "manly" is a plus and at worst a neutral. Meaning that, a lot of women could care less if you've got a Greek God build, whilst a lot also would see it as a plus. Very few would prefer fat/skinny men (once again there's a lot that don't care, but not many that would prefer this type of body). In general, most women prefer someone who they can be comfortable around and happy around, for some women that can be in the most physical sense, for others in a purely psychological, and for others a mix of both.

TL;DR : Depends on preference. Every woman is different, hence why you see such differing opinions.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure I could take seriously a woman who dresses like middle schooler but I sure would try if only for those juicy thighs

Supporter
I don't understand women in this sense. One side says nice guys never win, the other says that's just incel talk. Yet when I read some women focused works..... I know fantasy doesn't always correlate with reality but god damn. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle... the question is where.
They're all different, my friend. What works for one will repulse another. There are tendencies, of course, but they're all individuals with their own bundle of likes, dislikes, wants, needs, quirks and tripwires that have to be teased out through trial and (lots of) error.

Not usually as many as this one has, but that's its own kinda charm.

Dex-chan lover
So generally with these kind of stories, we'll probably have a few more chapters of just these two before the core cast expands a bit.
Considering how much of a handful Noa is, I'm curious if she legitimately has zero friends, and even within her circle of interests, she can't find anyone other than Rihito who wants to deal with her ... eccentricities.

She has issues for sure, and at this time, I do not have confidence that the author has laid out a character growth path for her to like, improve as a person.

Dex-chan lover
Being so blunt, and yet respectful, is more sincere than faking that you're interested in the conversation imo.

Plus, even though the MC is like that, he's a great listener and always gives his inputs when needed, albeit short, and thanks to that Noa feels that she can be herself around him.
When the best answers he can muster are equivalent to "So it's like that. That's fine." it's not much better, that enforces what someone else said in these threads for the first or second chapter that he's being treated and behaving like an emotional pillow, not because Noa isn't trying to connect to him but because he seems uninterested in forming a bond with her.

Supporter
When the best answers he can muster are equivalent to "So it's like that. That's fine." it's not much better, that enforces what someone else said in these threads for the first or second chapter that he's being treated and behaving like an emotional pillow, not because Noa isn't trying to connect to him but because he seems uninterested in forming a bond with her.
That would make sense except for the fact that he keeps responding to her emotionalism by coming back for more. It's as if he's consciously indifferent to her but subconsciously wants to respond to her in kind and simply can't be honest about it.

I wonder if there's a word for that.

Dex-chan lover
Women, just like us, have different tastes. Some women like badboys, some like cute men. Some like muscles, some like intelligence. Some like White men, some like Asian men, some like Hispanic men, and some like Black men. Some like assertive and domineering men, some like thoughtful and considerate men.

Pretty much the only consistent traits that the majority of women like are a)penises and b)men that are taller than them.

Dex-chan lover
maaan she's way too cute. and he's way too cool, bro's reached another level of detachment.

Dex-chan lover
You know, while the guy is kind of based I do feel bad for Noa being so open to him and he just shoots down her excitement so bluntly. Come on man, at least just nod and go "Hmm hmm" to some of those.
Yes that's what you would expect irl maybe, btu this is a manga and every panel needs to be used for entertainment, that would just be boring to read

Dex-chan lover
Pretty much the only consistent traits that the majority of women like are a)penises and b)men that are taller than them.
Tall and rich are by far the two most universal traits women like in men. They're not even close to the third.

The equivalent for what men likes in women is a low waist-to-hip ratio, but it's not quite as universal.

Like with pretty much all statistics, men vary more, but outside those traits I mentioned above, it's all personal opinions, some more prevalent than others.

Users who are viewing this thread