Noa-senpai wa Tomodachi. - Vol. 2 Ch. 15 - Noa-Senpai and the Sleepover

Fed-Kun's army
I kinda wish it’d be more like a slice of life, just two friends hanging out type manga, but I don’t dislike the romance tbh

Dex-chan lover
In this instance, it bugged me enough that I chose to comment about it
I'm not a frequent poster, and the nature of this (platonic faux-romcom?) story has made it fairly clear to me that it doesn't really plan to deep dive into character growth, or having consequences for poor decisions, etc.
To make this short, it has not grabbed me. And to be absolutely fair, I do not expect it to, nor does it need to be compelling. I don't view it as a negative, if that makes sense to you.
Not going to deep dive into character growth???? The girl told him she doesn't see him as a guy chapter 1 and chapter 15 she's blushing as she's accidentally pinned down on the hard floor by him.

The dude has literally shown no other facial expression or emotion and for the first time he actually got embarrassed!

This is going from friends to "you are the only person that can see the real me and not run away screaming. I am myself when I am with you and the fun I am having is so criminally good that I don't want to look for hook ups and potentially stop going out with you due to getting a boyfriend "

And it took 15 chapters to just start peeling of this surface, not to mention make the romance tag finally pop up on the page of this manga's Mangadex.

What exactly would you call this if not deep character development? I am curious. BTW not attacking you or something I am just genuinely curious. Unless of course you are talking about personal character growth and not character development in general. In which case I can see what you mean. (if Noa changed her character, lot of the readers would drop)

Dex-chan lover
What exactly would you call this if not deep character development? I am curious.
For you (and anyone else) late to the party, the reason I chose to comment in the first place was to say the following:
forcing your friend to play stuff when they don't want to, and taking photos with no consent is just straight-up crappy behavior
It was strongly worded at the time, as I felt strongly about it as a first-reaction to reading this chapter.
From what I can gather, you (and others) may have had other takeaways from the chapter. (That is perfectly fine by the way.)

"Deep character growth" is subjective, but within the lense what my initial thought was, perhaps Rihito sitting Noa down and explaining to her why that wasn't okay to do, and she could come to an understanding on what the healthy boundaries in their relationship are, etc etc
They build the bonds of their platonic(?) friendship, and grow as people or so
The readers get to enjoy reading figure out their problems, and maybe even learn something about their own friendships

Again, I am not asking or expecting this
My (original) comment was not "I dont like the quality of this story", my comment was "hey, consider your friends consent"

Dex-chan lover
For you (and anyone else) late to the party, the reason I chose to comment in the first place was to say the following:

It was strongly worded at the time, as I felt strongly about it as a first-reaction to reading this chapter.
From what I can gather, you (and others) may have had other takeaways from the chapter. (That is perfectly fine by the way.)

"Deep character growth" is subjective, but within the lense what my initial thought was, perhaps Rihito sitting Noa down and explaining to her why that wasn't okay to do, and she could come to an understanding on what the healthy boundaries in their relationship are, etc etc
They build the bonds of their platonic(?) friendship, and grow as people or so
The readers get to enjoy reading figure out their problems, and maybe even learn something about their own friendships

Again, I am not asking or expecting this
My (original) comment was not "I dont like the quality of this story", my comment was "hey, consider your friends consent"
I feel like you are expecting too much out of this manga. I know that the friends stick was hook of this story but I think that that air quoting from the author's description when using the friends word was a giveaway of how this story was going to progress.

I mean the "doki doki" moments couldn't be more obvious but sure we can pretend this is a strictly "platonic friendship" for the time being.

In regards to the point you are trying to emphasise: I feel it's a moot point. While your argument is what should always be happening in the real world, this is still a rom com mamga and this kind of trope is quite typical for such a manga particularly for this kind of girl archetype (menhera)

Fed-Kun's army
Wondering where this manga’s story will develop, is this will always be Cristian friendship manga or another direction… See manga tags, okay.

Dex-chan lover
❌ tits and ass

✅ switch

While I respect the guy sticking to his priorities, I must say: dude what the actual fuck? :question:
Now i'm sure this nigga gay
I don't think he even has a pulse by this point.

Dex-chan lover
Her theory on skill improvement is like the opposite of the truth. When you're building muscle memory, the brain and nervous system consolidates new stimuli while you're resting, so it's actually highly beneficial to take regular breaks and get sufficient sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread