Non Milk - Milk Coffee Prolouge - Ch. 1 - You want some milk coffee?

Group Leader
Is the working environment (at least in corporate setting) in Vietnam as bad as in Japan? The whole "please do my job for me while I go dick around with some girls" plot feels like it was copied and pasted from your typical Japanese manga.

I love seeing more Vietnamese comics on the site, though.

Is the working environment (at least in corporate setting) in Vietnam as bad as in Japan? The whole "please do my job for me while I go dick around with some girls" plot feels like it was copied and pasted from your typical Japanese manga.

Vietnamese here. Well yes and no, first of all, that kind of stuff will probably never happen in real life, at least here. If that guy is rich enough to work at a company and have a girlfriend, then he wouldn't even work in a company in the first place. Secondly, when u talk about japanese worklife, u would think "toxic" as they have the same caste system as india but in vietnam the corporate workplace is mostly physically draining. Understaffing is pretty relevant here from educational school (I used to work in one) to corporate settings

Also our general decency is on par with the japanese. But when someone like that appears, the collective whole will just bully him to leave. U eat u have to work, that is a lesson learn by heart

Finally, it's a manga. So,... try not to compare it to real life. It might have subtle similarity but that's it

Dex-chan lover
Wingman roach strikes again!
Thank you mr.roach, your service will be appreciated
He only does his duty, as do all my insect brethren. :) All the better to get you humans closer...

Reminder that roaches and such are the "cleaners" of the insect kingdom. They will go after stuff nothing else would touch apart from MAYBE fungi.

MD@Home
No one can complain about tl/localization errors when it's the author him/herself posting, can they? (Good chapter by the way)

Dex-chan lover
In Japan you meet your girl by bumping into her head with bread
In Nam, you fucking get swatted

Vietnamese here. Well yes and no, first of all, that kind of stuff will probably never happen in real life, at least here. If that guy is rich enough to work at a company and have a girlfriend, then he wouldn't even work in a company in the first place. Secondly, when u talk about japanese worklife, u would think "toxic" as they have the same caste system as india but in vietnam the corporate workplace is mostly physically draining. Understaffing is pretty relevant here from educational school (I used to work in one) to corporate settings
wtf are you talking about, you can have a girlfriend when working a normal job.

Also Vietnamese btw, it's depend on workplace, but I think workplace in Vietnam (or at least Hanoi) tend to be more chill compared to Japan, the scenario shown in this comic could happen if you're good friend with your co-worker and doing them a favor, it's nothing malicious.

Double-page supporter

Also a Viet but I have never worked for a Vietnamese company in my career, this is just my observation from of my friends who work there. First of all, it greatly depends on who you are working for but most office workers would start early and end early compare to American standards (people show up between 7am to 8am and leave work around 5pm). Unofficial overtime or staying over time just cause your boss is still there is not the norm, but if you work for some foreign firm then you might be advised to. You are still expected to finish your own work. Dropping your work load on another person, especially your superior, is pretty much impossible unless you are very close to the person. Office romance do happen but pretty frawn upon especially if there is a power different between the couple. You are free to hook up with anyone outside of work and maintaining relationships after work hours is not impossible. I have attended many wedding ceremonies for friends with spouse that worked for the same company or friend with people working for the same company.

Users who are viewing this thread