Noragami - Vol. 23 Ch. 89 - Echo of the Koto no Ha

Dex-chan lover
Can't they just fucking kill him off and get it over with ? Yukine has long since used up all the sympathy I had for him.

Dex-chan lover
god i fucking hate the release schedule. 14 pages a month. god. i really like this manga but these times are insufferable

What’s wrong with you people in the comment section?

Yukine has the mental strength of a preteen who just remembered that he was abused and murderEd by his father while the rest of his family did nothing help. Not to mention Yato’s father corruption. When Yukine needed him the most, Yato ran off without an explanation and formed a contract with someone else even though Yato constantly said that he only needed Yukine.

This is as much Yato’s fault as it is Yukine’s (though most of it is Father’s fault). Yato knows Yukine was hurting because he stung him but instead of checking on Yukine, Yato decided to avoid the problem, leading to this situation.

So why are all of you telling him to kill Yukine like it’s entirely his fault?

Fed-Kun's army
@tinavy because Yukine is an idiot since the start of the series. He believe Yato's dad from the very beginning even when Yukine knows he's evil. He already saw what's happening with Ebisu but heck, let's trust this evil guy because why not

I agree with @tinavy. Plus the fact that Yukine already has abandonment issues from when he was alive. We know that his fear of the dark and closed spaces stems from his death, it's the same for his bond with Yato. His mom and sister abandoned him and lived their own lives. Yato did the same to him but instead of accepting his circumstances like he did before, father was there to guide him to the bad side.

This is so painful it hurts me so much. Father is what Yato was to Yukine...and Yukine, fam, he struggled so hard to keep you, even when you stung him so much initially... Please get your senses back, Yukine😭😭😭

@Duckiedoggo

Look at it for Yukine’s point-of-view.

First of all, Yukine only know about the whole Ebisu thing secondhand because Yato used Nora during the trip to the underworld. The gods are also hiding a lot of details because they can’t tell their vessels about “the gods’ greatest secret”.

So everything bad that Yukine knows about father is secondhand. Now, Yato suddenly just left with no explanation. This the second time Yato left Yukine to fight using a different vessel. Yato wants to keep Yukine safe, but he doesn’t explain this to Yukine, so Yukine feels that Yato doesn’t trust him. Combined with his memories of abandonment returning, Yukine can’t trust Yato anymore, including what Yato tells him about Father.

This is on top of his corruption from finding out “the gods’ greatest secret”. Remember, most vessels that remember their past went mad and turn into demons and attack everything around them. The fact the Yukine can still keep his human form and can focus his attacks instead of just killing everyone he sees shows that his mental strength is actually pretty amazing.

Fed-Kun's army
@tinavy so his mental strength is great yet he can't even cope up with the whole situation? that's more like a plot armor to me

also, Yukine can't get any justification just because he's a brat. Even a brat doesn't get half-assed like that. Either he go berserk and killing people for fun, or become a normal MC. Don't get half-assed like this for the sake of getting saved at the end of the arc

Double-page supporter
Cut the kid some slack, people. He's 14 for the love of god.
Yato's the one to blame for his half-assed methods.

Lots of people here don’t know anything about the mental mindset of young abused victims and it shows.

Dex-chan lover
@tinavy that is true.

The lack of a minimum of empathy is quite telling.
Imagine relieving all the abuse he suffered just to be left for death in a cold and dark place and some people still expect him to function as a normal kid. 😐

CKN

Dex-chan lover
It's not completely unwarranted that people feel like yukine hasn't grown much since his transformation into a harafuri (The holiest change of a spirit in noragami). But it begs the question of whether a spirit who was killed young will continuously remain a child in their mind as well.

Aggregator gang
At this point I kind of just want Yukine to die but probably won't happen

Users who are viewing this thread