NovelAd classification

Dex-chan lover
It has happened too much that I have finally found a rather interesting story, got heavy enjoyment out of reading it, only to find out it ends unsatisfactory after 2 volumes because it always was a novel ad.
Really wish that stuff could get properly marked here.

Upvote 0
Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
That's an incredibly subjective tag.

The only objective way to define it would be to tag everything that's adapted, and we already have an Adaptation tag for that.

Dex-chan lover
That's an incredibly subjective tag.

The only objective way to define it would be to tag everything that's adapted, and we already have an Adaptation tag for that.
Subjective?
I would say "deliberately incomplete stories intended to advertise a light novel" is a rather clear definition.
One could argue about how much left out would constitute incomplete, but I'd say "depicts the main story in the novel to the end" would be one.
Ones intended to actually depict it, but getting axed/cancelled are already sufficiently marked

File Attacher
Staff
Super Moderator
Yeah.. you do get a bit miffed when a series for all intents and purposes seem to just be an ad for the novel.. i read most of those you listed but can't remember if i recognized those as being in the same situation.. but these 3(well, mostly first two) i do:
And i guess we can count all the Korean Promos :haa:

Users who are viewing this thread