Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha - Vol. 4 Ch. 19 - The Noble One

Fed-Kun's army
Don't know if the Tarrasque is this world are as powerful as its D&D counterpart/namesake... It's going to be a tough fight...

Dex-chan lover
@lapizlazuli In chapter 8, when he changed, she said he was a zombie, while the ones turned by zombies would be "familiars" (with a picture of a rat). Later, however, he was called a "vampiric thrall": it was a change made by the translator, or it was changed also in the original?

Group Leader
@Beregorn ah.. his third evolution is quite tricky to be translated into English.. in Japanese, it's Shiki, a reanimate corpse that drinks blood. Can't use vampire because there's another word for that in Japanese in this series.. The English novel uses vampiric thrall as the translation for shiki.

I did use familiar tho.

tl;dr his evolution skeleton > ghoul > shiki (EN: vampiric thrall) & I did use familiar in text.

Dex-chan lover
Noone's considered that his blood could accidentally poison/mind control a river or well?

Dex-chan lover
Finally, someone tames a low-level monster that isn't a f*cking slime

Aggregator gang
@cryum
i mean maybe? but it looks like direct injection of blood is needed for even higher level vampires to control humans. that + dilution must mean it's practically impossible via such indirect means such as a river.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not talking about purposely targeting a large quantity of people.

Just accidentally poisoning someone or establishing a link with someone's pet or some forest creatures would cause problems, even to MC himself if he's in the middle of combat when it happens(as one would be when they shed blood)

Dex-chan lover
Finally a non-annoying pet in a fantasy manga...well I'm sure there are others but having read too much trash isekai lately the ratio has been not favorable 😌

Users who are viewing this thread