Nozomanu Fushi no Boukensha

Dex-chan lover
Can anyone explain to me why there are all these scanlators who are all butthurt at MangaDex? I was away from the site when all the drama happened, and I still have yet to hear an explanation of why everyone pouting and yanking their translations.

MCM

The sad thing is that now we need to go to other websites that ripped the scanlations that got taken down to read it, talk about a mess ...

Dex-chan lover
@MCM Yeah that's why i always thought its counter productive that groups remove their work here. It's not like its gonna increase traffic to their website but rather forces us to use scummy manga sites.

Cae

@Thor
@jhart3313
So basically about a year and some change ago, a couple groups were absolutely livid that people read their shit on mangadex instead of their own site. They wouldn't admit it but it was because going to their sites generates ad revenue.
Mangadex said you can delay the release but the scan groups wanted upwards of a week in lockout time on the chapters. MD said no and they said 'fine we'll leave then'
Of course, the few core groups refused to admit that it was about money and made plenty of other excuses to cover for their greed. A bunch of other smaller scanlation groups bought into their bullshit and all left as well, pulling their content with them. it was an exodus of around 20-40 scanlation groups (i don't remember the number) so a bunch were hoodwinked by these clowns.

It's extra comical because the groups threw a fit about MD, while aggregator sites like KM and mangagogo didn't give a fuck what the groups opinions were, and hosted their TLs anyway while making ass loads of money off ads.
As a cherry on top one of the core groups is currently have a Britney Spears moment and has deleted all their work to date.

Ultimately I'd say it was Mangadex' fault for allowing themselves to be walked over like a doormat. They could have very easily just said do what you want and hosted their shit anyway because it's popular, especially given the very public shit show they made of the ordeal. But mangadex was younger then, and people were still flooding in from shitty aggregator sites. they probably didn't want the negative image from the scan groups.

Dex-chan lover
it's because of this petty childish greedy nonsense those scan groups pull i dont use their sites, if it's not here then it's on that one aggregator site i use just for this purpose.
i do not want to have to keep track of 10+ sites and discords, besides, the scanlators readers is almost always garbage making it borderline torture to read and keep track of the series on their sites.

i do not even remember the name of one single group who has pulled their series from MD since the aggregator sites remove their credit pages.
and i doubt there is many of us who do remember them and go to their sites over just having one aggregator site with a decent reader and a good bookmark system that actually allows you to keep track of the series we follow.

who where they even? i'll tell you who: no one important.

and yes, i do donate to some of the groups i follow, cant possibly donate to them all thou, and i donate to far less then i used to after i have been left in the dry with zero explanation far to often.

"Why don't people wanna read from half a dozen sites to keep up with one manga?"

Grow up

Dex-chan lover
@Cae yeah I remember the excuses they had lol it was something about snipers, MD transparency and what not lol the funniest thing was that no one really believed them

Hahahaha, seeing all the groups that left mangadex collapse is hilarious. It's like those manga where the hero's party kicks out the protagonist then gets their asses handed to them without them.

This is one of the more intriguing Fantasy manga's I've read so far. While updates are rather slow (due to the drama between TL groups and MD), I really do enjoy this premise and enjoy Lent as a protagonist. He's portrayed rather realistically (as realistic as being a deadbeat adventurer being turned into an undead one can be), and the interactions between him and the other characters are really enjoyable to read and go through. Hoping this manga doesn't get the usual fantasy treatment where the quality of the story telling just nosedives in favor of conviniences and plot armor.

Dex-chan lover
@LaughingCrows
abt the evolution
one day he got chronic blood thirst after not consuming any human for a long time, lose his mind and bite Lorraine in the neck. after got knocked to wall withe fireball and passed out, he wake as winged vampire

his current race now is thrall, somewhat low level vampire a bit higher case of zombie. that's from the novel tho, idk if the manga would follow it

@Raymondjoe probably scanlator drama, the group translating it probably moved away from MangaDex and removed their chapter or something.

Users who are viewing this thread