Nyanta to Pomeko ~Imasara Shinjiteiru to Iwarete mo Mouteokureda~ - Vol. 3 Ch. 19 - End

Dex-chan lover
I feel like there's a lot of open, loose ends flying around still, but good for him I guess. The amount of time it'd take for him to rebuild a functional relationship with his family is more than enough time for the romance element of the story to turn sour, so I suppose it's for the best to just end it here

I feel like there's a lot of open, loose ends flying around still, but good for him I guess. The amount of time it'd take for him to rebuild a functional relationship with his family is more than enough time for the romance element of the story to turn sour, so I suppose it's for the best to just end it here
I really don't see why he would in the first place, if I'm being honest. Up until this point, the step-sister had just been forcing her way back into his life, and somehow that endeared her to him enough for him to accept a snack early on? And suddenly they give a fuck what happened to him for no apparent reason, then give him a place to live alone. Like "Congrats, you stopped making it worse. You want a fucking cookie?"

Dex-chan lover
I really don't see why he would in the first place, if I'm being honest. Up until this point, the step-sister had just been forcing her way back into his life, and somehow that endeared her to him enough for him to accept a snack early on? And suddenly they give a fuck what happened to him for no apparent reason, then give him a place to live alone. Like "Congrats, you stopped making it worse. You want a fucking cookie?"
What bothers me most about his "family" is actually his dad. Not that I would ever come close to condoning the way his step mother and step sister treated him, but given he's not directly related to them, I could sort of see why he could be seen as a sort of black sheep in the house. But his father couldn't shelve his work for two goddamn seconds to be there for his son when he needed him most. Worse yet is that he either doesn't seem to care much about it, or is very good at pretending not to. This 'one's career before one's children' mentality that's so prevalent in manga depictions of parents makes my blood boil. I dunno. Maybe it's just something I'm too caveman-Western to understand.

What bothers me most about his "family" is actually his dad. Not that I would ever come close to condoning the way his step mother and step sister treated him, but given he's not directly related to them, I could sort of see why he could be seen as a sort of black sheep in the house. But his father couldn't shelve his work for two goddamn seconds to be there for his son when he needed him most. Worse yet is that he either doesn't seem to care much about it, or is very good at pretending not to. This 'one's career before one's children' mentality that's so prevalent in manga depictions of parents makes my blood boil. I dunno. Maybe it's just something I'm too caveman-Western to understand.
Dad I can almost forgive, frankly. He needs to provide, and his work forces him to not be around to make that happen. Agreed the manga depiction makes it a bit... excessive: This whole "Parents gone for months to years at a time" is a bit much. But you can picture in your minds eye that it's either that, or everyone is out on the streets. I don't know that hopping from job to job is nearly as easy in Japan as it is here, since they have a fundamentally different way of tackling the problem of employment.

Dex-chan lover
after 2 years of waiting, i finally pick this back up again. story kinda feels rushed imo, and also such a tragedy that short hair girl always lose :( but still, a good short romance i guess

Dex-chan lover
Bit upset about how short this was, it actually started improving comparatively to how it was earlier on.

On a personal note, that final message has me tearing up a bit. "I hope you can find someone who can heal you". It... touched my heart in a way I didn't know it could be touched. Even if it was just a passing remark, I appreciate it. Thank you.

Dex-chan lover
After reading this I can honestly say that I'm not a fan. People here concentrate on the romance, which is middling and rushed... and sure it's not bad. But the psychological part of this manga is done HORRENDOUSLY.
There's a lot of people in the comments with this mindset that forgiving others is "important in order to heal" and that "the girls did not do something that big". Which is not true considering his reputation is still shot.....

People who have not been on the brink of despair and depression (or worse, suicide) do not understand and seem to think that everything can be forgiven with a simple apology.
Let me tell you something as someone who went through very bad psychological stuff myself

• First, not everything can be forgiven. When the pain has been too large and too prolonged, forgiveness is often not possible.
  • Second, forgiveness is NOT a must, nor a gift. It must be EARNED, and these girls here did nothing to earn it. Did they go around trying to solve the misunderstanding? He's still basically labeled as a sexual harasser! Saying I'm sorry is just an apology, but in this case that's... very little
  • And third. Forgiveness is NOT required in order to heal. That's just forcing youself in order to appease others. Sure if you can get so detachted that you actually forgive the people who damaged your life, good for you.
But if you cannot, that's equally ok. Just accept the apology and move on with your life, and don't let yourself be hurt by the past anymore IF you can manage.

You should not hate others because hatred is self destructive and does you no good whatsoever. But the only person you really need to forgive is YOURSELF. You have to accept that you might have not done your best, or that you should have not let them hurt you, and that you're just human...

But you're not at fault, you were the victim and so you have to be "merciful" to yourself in order to move on with your life. And you're not obligated to forgive anyone.

Saying I'm sorry is just an apology, but in this case that's... very little
Pretty sure they didn't even do that. I keep going on about it, because it still upsets me, but only the step-mother did anything. And she's the worst one, so she has the most to do to even talk about forgiveness. She spent years mistreating the guy despite the fact that she knew for a fact he didn't do the thing he was accused of doing. And when he distanced himself, we literally saw her dismiss the whole situation and tell him to get the fuck over it right at the start.

I don't believe these... animals... would actually be capable of feeling remorse in the first place if we weren't reading a shitty feel-good story about having the people that wrong you begging for forgiveness.

Dex-chan lover
i only remembered this series today as i remember reading some of it a long time ago

but thank god cause i been wanting to see how it ended though i am surprised this turned out to be so short

with that said finally being able to read the rest of this series i will say i did enjoy it in the end they both won in the end and im happy with how it ended

best girl wins

Dex-chan lover
Strong start, turns into mid towards the middle to the end

That said, i think it's a generally good ending, just lacking some closure of all the traumas MC experienced.

Hell, not even patching things up with his step-mom?

Contributor
I'm finally getting better
Now, I'm picking up the pieces
And spending all of these years
Putting my heart back together♪

Talk to the hand "I'll talk to you later"
That's about as good as what they'll get and even then it sounded too easy for inflicting the trauma of a fake confession to him.

After catharsis I see there's still little doses of schadenfreude for me to enjoy from the other girls who didn't get redeemed into friends (or love interests, thankfully). Little sis got the best possible outcome among the 6 who hurt him before.

What, only an implied kiss at the end? Cowards. Just the bare minimum of a love confession, huh. Well, this was a short and sweet read. Not bad, off to the Completed pile.

Dex-chan lover
I really love the start part, but I guess this author can't actually write proper story.
While I don't hate the romance part, I feel like the manga suddenly change genre in middle suddenly.
And I didn't actually read this for romance, so the middle to end part kinda make me dissapointed.

pretty good short read, not to serious and no problems occured.

Just my thoughts:
if the story were to continue, more old trauma would resurface on the girl side or her childhood friend would make an appearance.

Such a good manga with a shit ending... Deserved better. And those girls are off the hook so easily. Imagine ruining someone's entire life and just to be forgiven like that. Unrealistic bullshit.

Supporter
Holy crap I just read this one in one day and at the start I thought it's not that good. But about the 5th chapter I noticed how I really liked the main couple and at the end I really think the manga was actually really good. The main couple also had a really nice development.

Dex-chan lover
And to think I only found this short manga because of one of those YouTube summary videos

Users who are viewing this thread