Oda Nobunaga's Mysterious Profession Was Cheat Job From Magical Swordsman, So I Decided to Build a Kingdom

Hey I know that oda nobunaga is great and all but if author wants someone who'll conquer the world shouldn't they use someone like Genghis khan, Alexander or Napoleon? Maybe the reason behind this might be that these guys aren't that famous in Japan?

Dex-chan lover
Reading bits of it. Reminds me with Utawarerumono honestly.

Dex-chan lover
Hey I know that oda nobunaga is great and all but if author wants someone who'll conquer the world shouldn't they use someone like Genghis khan, Alexander or Napoleon? Maybe the reason behind this might be that these guys aren't that famous in Japan?
Oda Nobunaga wasn't actually successful.
But he was eccentric, and he was practically a nobody relative to all the other lords that rose to prominence after he wrestled control of Owari and beat the invading force of Imagawa even while outnumbered 40,000 to Oda's 3,000. He also kinda revolutionized warfare in Japan with the adoption of firearms. It looked like he was all set until the Honnouji Incident, which was a point of contention and dramatized in many ways in modern media.
Because of this, many stories based on Oda Nobunaga plays around the idea of "what-ifs" - basically, what if Nobunaga avoided dying or getting betrayed? It's somewhat similar to reincarnation stories where the protagonist will try to do things differently "the second time around". The many takes on of Oda's ruthlessness and eccentricity are always interesting to see.

And of course, if you're gonna write something based on a historical figure, you're gonna write about someone you're familiar with. I imagine Oda Nobunaga is taught in Japanese schools much more than Genghis Kahn or Alexander the Great. I bet most people don't even know how the ancient Greek and Persian warriors looked like (their attire). If you have to write about someone you don't actually know too much about, you have to hire consultants.

Users who are viewing this thread