Official Meetup 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power Uploader
@stardusteyes

That's not a bad idea. Looking at the AWA website, panel requests need to be submitted by June 15th, and panel hosts (up to 2) get free or discounted admittance (depending on the duration of the panel programming). It looks like the panels come with a conference room, and it doesn't actually costs anything to apply/host a panel either. @Zephyrus

Double-page supporter
I am also interested and would like any details sent to me via my discord or email.

Discord: Roxas.- #2281

Email: bro no. Don't put your email out in public like that. :(

@Zephyrus

If its close enough to drive, I'll definitely go, and oh my gosh that Colossalcon sounds like a great idea, so does cedar point!

Dex-chan lover
I’m interested. If it’s close enough via car bus or train I’ll see if it’s possible to attend.

No matter where the meetup will be, I'd prefer it if it's live streamed so those of us who aren't going can also enjoy it.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
Hi everyone, just letting folks know that this idea isn't dead. I'm still pondering ideas and assessing my own financial situation. A new poll should be forthcoming soon.

Dex-chan lover
I like the idea of a camping, although doing it at a convention would probably be more feasible.

Maybe we should make a poll of what options people would be ok with (ranking several options in order) and doing a second poll afterwards about location (with another series of ranking of options).

Could we have another poll about where users are from, like separate the US into like 4 columns numbered 1-4 from West to East and then have users select which section they are from to find the majority.

Dex-chan lover
San Japan in San Antonio, TX on Labor Day Weekend - a three day anime con with all the fixins that is just starting to get REAL popular (last years attendance was over 18,000). The convention center is state of the art, and its attached to the Grand Hyatt hotel, with the Marriott Riverwalk and Marriott Rivercenter (attached to the Rivercenter Mall) a literal stone’s throw away.

We even have this fundamentist dude that comes out every time, saying that we’re all gonna go to hell. It’s fucking hilarious because he’s always out there by himself.

Aggregator gang
Chicago might be a decent place because it's (relatively) close to being in the middle of the country, making it a compromise location rather than having folks from one coast travel all the way to the other coast.

It has lots of decent stuff to do and see there, for those who don't want to be just holed up at a convention the whole time.

It's also close to Canada. Or at least, "not far" in the way that some other places (Atlanta, Orlando, Los Angeles) would be.

Someone brought up Youmacon in Detroit, but that happens too late in the year (cold), so that should be right off the table as an option.

Colossalcon in Sandusky might be good, but consideration must be given to the fact that Sandusky has a small airport and attendees would need to fly into either Cleveland or Toledo, and then somehow arrange transportation all the rest of the way to Sandusky.

For reference, it's an hour-long drive from either city (airport). The only difference is whether you're traveling east or west.

an alternative to anime expo imo would be animanga in pomona since tickets are cheap, and it's in august (not too soon)

but if SoCal isn't an option then maybe anime nyc? though that's over half a year away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread