Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou. - Ch. 28 - Mokuri-san, Interviewed

Group Leader
tfw no wolfgirl gf to awoo in your ear medusa gf to hiss in your ear spider gf to wrap you up in her webs why even live

But back on topic, it's great that we get a chapter here and there for side character development. I felt that Michi was kinda one dimensional, that her entire identity was "genjin superfan". So she gets a chapter where she realizes that she needs to start to look at people for who they are, not what they are.

I believe she's extremely genuine, but just needs to figure out a way to convey that love in a way that the receiving party can appreciate.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Actual, real discord bot I set up to check on updates on this specific manga every fifteen seconds to absolutely spam the fuck out of my inbox whenever a new chapter drops
j2s8IpT.png

Dex-chan lover
I was wondering if author-san was going to explore Michi and her "fangirl" habits about genjin. The spider girl (and her aloof, almost alien demeanor) indeed turned out to be the perfect catalyst for that. I mean, it was so serious, that Michi didn't even have the time to be flustered with getting webbed up and tossed out.

Group Leader
Hey all, on page 17 I was VERY PROUD of being able to actually make out most of the kanji on the book spines (with the help of waifu 4x highest noise reduction). But turned out typesetting it would just make them completely unreadable again. So for you good folks actually reading the comments, here are the book spines I could read. In particular I LOVE that one of the book spines is 'Can You Read This?' 😹

So here we go from Right to Left.

Upper Right:
The Path of Genjin and Humans​
Genjin History​

Top Shelf:
Power in Diversity​
(blank in original)​
Genjin Variations​
[I can't read this]​
Nature and Constitution 2​
Nature and Constitution 1​

Middle Shelf:
Can You Read This? (<- seriously!)​

Bottom Shelf:
Genjin Dictionary (2)​
Genjin Dictionary (1)​
Coexistence​

Dex-chan lover
Tbh, if you were a actual genji in this universe if you had a classmate like that, it’d be kinda off putting. They only admire you for what you are and not who you are. Spider girl has a point.
I get the idea spider girl might also be feeling similarly about her art. It looks like she's making a standard painting on a canvas, and it was mentioned that she used to incorporate her webs into her art in the past before kind of disappearing.
So I'm guessing she wants her talent to be recognized for what it is, and not just a feature of her species or whatever. Fangirl hit a sore spot.

Aggregator gang
While the admiration of a fan is usually nice, I'm glad that the author recognizes that at certain points it becomes overbearing.

Seeing some folks adore something or someone to the point that they sort of elevate it to another realm is kinda sad. It's as if they don't see the other party as individuals anymore, just an idol or creator, above them on a pedestal.

Glad to see that she's doing some introspection, while I think she is genuine in her love for genjin, it's important to know what sort of love she has for them (hoping its the friendly sort, and not develop into something obsessive lol).

Dex-chan lover
Give the spider girl some coffee, I want to see what'll happen.

And it is true, even in a normal world if someone that you barely knew came up and started gushing over how amazing you are at literally everything thanks to like... your looks, and not actually knowing more about you it would likely make you freak out a bit or want to push them away.

Maybe take things slow, ask her about her actual art and process and what inspires her, stuff like that rather than focusing on the fact she's a spider. Especially since we've already seen that she sees her own webbing as trash when she gave a ball of it to the main guy before.

Dex-chan lover
Careful with the spider R34, there is plenty of. . . Interesting Doujins out there of the less smexy variety, because people sized spiders. If your website of choice has the "Arachne" / "Arachnera" tags go for those instead of spider for less horror and more boobies.

Users who are viewing this thread