Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou. - Ch. 9 - Looking For Something With Tsumiki-san

Dex-chan lover
This was a welcome treat! Thanks so much for banding (and working) together TLs!

Flashbacks to the god of misfortune from Jitsu wa Watashi wa...:meguusmug:

Stylistic question: the prior chapters typically had "Tsumiki's Daily Life" titles at scene breaks, are those missing from the new chapter?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
While I get that she's scared, it's still very funny to see the medusa girl jump immediately to "will I ever see their faces again, ever...?"

Yes, medusa girl, you'll never see again. Rather than your parents buying you a new pair of special glasses, instead they're going to doom you into a life of never being able to see again, because you lost your glasses one time in high school.

Group Leader
medusa? like rider? from fate/stay night? wow, i can't believe this manga is a reference to my favourite series. how do i rate 11 stars? i am in awe and shock that fate got referenced in a romance manga. wow. i am disbelief. after seeing this, i found the cure for cancer. after seeing this, i won the nobel prize for creating a rover that could land on venus. this reference made me who i am today. thank you.

thanks for picking this up guyssssss

Contributor
It's hilarious how the one-winged girl who can fly couldn't even beat a normal ass crow. 🤭
It’s not like having legs necessarily means you could catch a rat running past you.
medusa? like rider? from fate/stay night? wow, i can't believe this manga is a reference to my favourite series.
no…. like the gorgon from Greek mythology which Fate referenced.

Dex-chan lover
While I get that she's scared, it's still very funny to see the medusa girl jump immediately to "will I ever see their faces again, ever...?
There's always the potential that the glasses are special enough as to be financially prohibitive enough to result in her having to leave school because of it. Or it's simply her own insecurities over being a Gorgon that can't look directly at people without the glasses and having forgotten what they look like after just an afternoon of not being able to see them could certainly be a part of that insecurity too.

Dex-chan lover
I would risk being petrified for her.

561747.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Hey everyone, we're kinda just a mishmash of people that banded together cause we love this series, so it's our first time working together. If anyone has any suggestions or spots anything wrong, do let me know!
the only thing I'm spotting is an awesome group of people, thank you

Group Leader
I was wondering, why does the bird girl we see here in the background seem to only have a single asymmetrical wing?
Not explained yet - the funny thing is that she's still able to fly at all, which would by physically impossible with one wing unless it were a stealth fighter configuration (even ignoring that her wings would have to be gigantic for her to fly even with two wings).

So that means there is actual magic going on in this world, you can't just explain things away with physical science handwaving. Like you could handwave vampires by pointing out that blood-sucking mammals already exist (bats), and the rest of it is just their awesome genes making them super handsome with great phermones. No magic needed. But you can't do that with a one winged girl flying - I guess she's probably a tengu? Wind magic would allow that. Of course that medusas can petrify people implies magic as well.

Sorry to go all neerrrrrrrd on this, I just enjoy the worldbuilding in this kind of manga.

Group Leader
It's always struck me as a little odd when Medusae can control their snake hair, but can't like, see out of their eyes.
The thing is, I don't think she can really control them. Yes, she can braid them or tie them up like she did, they'll put up with it. But she can't just will them all to do something - for instance she can't make them stop hissing at Yutaka. She even refers to them as 'these little ones are being rude' like they're not her.

Maybe they share the body's supply of food so don't have to eat, and then they won' t have to, well, go to the bathroom. But I think they've all got their own brains, like octopus arms. So kind of like owning a bunch of dogs - except they're all stuck to your head.

Users who are viewing this thread