Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou. - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Tsumiki's House

Dex-chan lover
I mean, Genjis is accepted and treated as normal human, or at least foreigners in this setting, not as mythical beasts. We saw that other students are capable of treating her normal, and while yes, they are curious about her "wolf" part, it could be passed as curious about the blonde hair of a foreign student. But even if you are fascinated by it, normally you wouldn't formed fan clubs of students in your school, it would be the equivalent of worshipping a black student because of their hair or skin color. It's...weird.
Exotic is usually sexy

Group Leader
Am I the only one who think the whole "fan club" shit dumb? I don't remember ever seeing a situation like that in school one single time. That trope needs to die, purged by the fire
I've never been in a single school with a 'fan club' for a student, though never attended Japanese school. But I think it's really just one of those tropes, like 'gyarus who actually like otakus' or 'school clubs are always harems or inverse harems' or 'all the girls like the smart guy instead of the handsome and rich guy' (lol) or a hundred other manga cliches we can reel off that are unbelievable but completely embraced by Japanese manga just because they make the plot easier and the readers desperately want to believe them.

Shoujo manga are even worse with those than shounen manga like this - school shounen are often eye rolling, but school shoujo are all really nothing but 'What world are these people even living in - this has no relation to reality at all! Oh right, it's a complete fantasy world that the author and the readers want to see.' And that wins. So it's not gonna die, that cliche is here to stay.

Last edited:
Group Leader
Flagrant violation of child welfare laws and obligatory school attendance

Yeah, genjin are obviously not required to attend school, which means they're not totally assimilated yet. But also means every genjin at school is there because they want to be, like Tsukimi, or because their parents demanded it, and could theoretically leave any time. Which could lead to some interesting plots, but hopefully not too much Drama.

Contributor
That either means the first chapter lied or that this Japan is some sort of apartheid society with different laws for different groups of citizens. You can't be considered part of human society (school life no exception) and also not held accountable to its laws and regulations.fsdff.PNG
Yeah, genjin are obviously not required to attend school, which means they're not totally assimilated yet. But also means every genjin at school is there because they want to be, like Tsukimi, or because their parents demanded it, and could theoretically leave any time. Which could lead to some interesting plots, but hopefully not too much Drama.

Dex-chan lover
we're still in chapter 2 but it's already this wholesome and adorable?!

Dex-chan lover
I like how there's actual setting as to how the werewolves have their own little village instead of just being part of humanity now. That's cool. Also that was NOT good for my blood sugar levels.

Dex-chan lover
I hate the whole “protagonist has an in-universe fan club”, it always just feels stupid and rarely does anything to affect the plot.

Users who are viewing this thread