Ogami Tsumiki to Kinichijou. - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Tsumiki and Senga

Dex-chan lover
I'm starting to lose my interest to this manga. Vampire-boy sucking her blood and talking to MC like he is below him already made him unlikeable. Now he suddenly falls for her because she is treating him with honesty and slight disrespect? And still talks down to MC.

If next chapter doesn't show some improvement, i'm gonna drop it for sure. Wouldn't be surprised if the wolf-girls expressions is directed to reader rather than to MC, looking down on us.

Dex-chan lover
I thought his reaction was normal for a boy who was still in school but arent vampires live for a super-duper long time and be much more mature?
Most fictional vampires are undead who forever stay the same apparent age as they have died.
But this seems to be one of the stories where vampires are ordinary living beings with a taste for blood. They might be long-lived, or at least stay young and beautiful from the outside for all of their lives, but they aren't free from age, and they probably grow up at normal rate.
Demi-chan is the only other manga that comes to mind with this kind of vampires.

Dex-chan lover
Why is nobody mentioning that vampire can eat snacks? Does he really have to drink blood regularly, or is it something he does to conform to social expectations?
I can clearly see this manga isn't actually going to be about cute romance but random genjin bullshit with the dog girl doing something so le wacky in the last page to wake people from the comatose the rest of the chapter put them under.
It's fine if it's not about cute romance but about genjin. Demi-chan was great, and if this one can rival it, I'm going to read it to the end.
I thought vampires don't appear in photos :pepehmm:
That makes some sense for undead vampires. The ones burdened with a whole host of supernatural strengths and weaknesses.
Living vampires like in this work can't violate laws of physics so blatantly.

Dex-chan lover
it could be cuz I woke up and my mind is still a bit hazy but how was he betrayed exactly? I couldnt quite wrap my head around that scene
Friend promised him to meet up at a certain place and time. Friend did not fulfill the promise because a girl bribed him. Real friends don't do that, but the relationship is not beyond salvation. But with somebody as dramatic as this vampire, it might be tough to mend it.
So the vampires in this universe are quite normal people. Just with vampire characteristics.
Without all the downsides.
And without the upsides too. About the only strength he has, is being good-looking. No super-strength, no turning into a bat, and he doesn't even get to wear a cape.
It would be funny if it turned out that he can't see in the dark.
Btw, to what extent should we (readers) be bothered with love relationships in school stories? In this case the characters are basically teens from the modern day setting - can't say I'm that concerned with who fucks who
Interesting question. These days, many anime characters are young enough to be my children. And even the school teachers who complain about being too old to get married are younger than me.
So I guess if I'm bothered, it means I'm in the "you'll have to fight me if you want to date my daughter!" mode.

Dex-chan lover
Why is nobody mentioning that vampire can eat snacks? Does he really have to drink blood regularly, or is it something he does to conform to social expectations?

It's fine if it's not about cute romance but about genjin. Demi-chan was great, and if this one can rival it, I'm going to read it to the end.

That makes some sense for undead vampires. The ones burdened with a whole host of supernatural strengths and weaknesses.
Living vampires like in this work can't violate laws of physics so blatantly.
I work at a university that has courses in the livestock sector. We're a tropical country, our country is huge. The climate in our region is tropical, so there's no need to stock up on hay. A disease has occurred in our pasture. The researcher asked to buy hay. Out of curiosity, I asked if it was really necessary, as we had stockpiled a lot of feed made from soybean meal, corn and wheat. He explained that the nature of cows requires hay or fresh grass, even if we use bran. Blood for vampires must be equivalent to bran or fresh grass for cows.

Dex-chan lover
I'm definitely getting major shoujo vibes from this series now. The first two chapters didn't have that feeling but these later three have definitely given them to me. This series started from Yukata's perspective but lately it's been all about Tsumiki and all the cute boys who want to get to know her. The series has definitely taken a downturn since the excellent chapter 2. I'll give it a few more to see if it rights the ship but if it keeps focusing on Senga or other characters rather than the main two the story initially presented I think I'm gonna drop it. At that point it simply wouldn't be the manga I showed up to read that the first two chapters indicated it would be.

Dex-chan lover
Turns out the vampire boy is just into subbing for some Dom mommy. :worry:

But sorry, this wolf girl already has her eyes on a target.😂😂

Contributor
Commenters when the author introduces another character to add development to the story instead of just drawing more aimless slice-of-life chapters like the other fifty “ordinary boy and cute girl” manga they follow:

tenor.gif

Dex-chan lover
I'm definitely getting major shoujo vibes from this series now. The first two chapters didn't have that feeling but these later three have definitely given them to me. This series started from Yukata's perspective but lately it's been all about Tsumiki and all the cute boys who want to get to know her. The series has definitely taken a downturn since the excellent chapter 2. I'll give it a few more to see if it rights the ship but if it keeps focusing on Senga or other characters rather than the main two the story initially presented I think I'm gonna drop it. At that point it simply wouldn't be the manga I showed up to read that the first two chapters indicated it would be.
Holy shit, well said. Also, everyone who says vampire got introduced to add development and story... BROTHER we are FIVE (5!) chapters in. The world building was only starting (and REALLY well, too) the first two chapters. This is just cheap, fast drama for no reason. This added nothing but "wow the monsters have problems, too, just like us!!" while making this seem like another weak shoujo. Wasted potential here.

Btw, I think you are right. This feels exactly like e.g. "Furi-san is scary" and so many before released run-off-the-mill, average, formulaic shoujos that somehow need to degrade the ML by having the FL engage way too heavily with other guys in unnatural ways to then end every or every other chapter with 2 bait panels of "wholesome romantic cute" moments between the MC's. This is the evolution of the spineless ML having to fight for his place in the story, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread