“Okaeri, Papa” - Ch. 15 - A Mother's Wish

Dex-chan lover
Based crazy mom lmao
Looks like she was abused and Touko was born out of it, maybe both were abused by the husband/father/whatever. Shit's getting really really dark.

Dex-chan lover
One thing that people might be overlooking is that this interaction somewhat reflects how Japanese people are.
(Just more dramatic obviously haha)

By this, I don't mean to say that "Japanese are suspicious of everything," but rather, they rarely express themselves directly. It's all about subtle cues, gestures, and mastering the art of reading between the lines to navigate society.
This is the famous 空気を読む (kuuki-wo-yomu (reading the air/room)

This is why the mother and sister are reacting awkwardly despite not much being said, particularly since being women adds another layer of importance to picking up on these subtle nuances.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
On my end I think the seventh heaven comment is being taken out of context. She means she was just happy to have a family. Having a daughter and being with her husband/whatever at the time. On the subject of the comment of her being a daughter. Maybe it also can be taken at face value of her just not being sure if she can relate to a Son/be a good mother to one as not a male. A lot of moms are like that, where they want daughters to be friends with/think they can relate to them better.
So at end of day, I feel the mother is not sus, but I probably will be proven wrong. We shall see.
That’s what I’m saying like yea Ik the daughter is sus but these last two chapters with the grandma and the sister been acting like (their facial expressions) the mom and the daughter are just hella crazy. They ask them a question and then they answer the question completely normal but grandma and the sister looks so scared for what.

Dex-chan lover
jon-tron-two.gif

Dex-chan lover
I know that it's a story and the suspension of disbelief demands that the plot continues. But there's nothing really tying him to the mother and daughter, he could simply say 'no' and walk away if things get too weird.
Unless le blackmail

I know I should be focused on the dubious duo of mother and daughter, but I can't get over how HUGE Chika's phone is.
Does this take place in 2016? Are phablets still in vogue in Japan?

"Phablets" never left, we just stopped calling them that. The OG phablets were around 5.5 inches diagonal (the 2011 Galaxy Note had a 5.3 inch screen, while the iPhone 6+ had a 5.5). Nowadays, the smallest iPhone available (13 mini) has a 5.4 inch screen, "normal size" phones are around 6.2 inches, and big ones go up to around 6.8 inches.

Although I agree that her hand looks small in that panel, almost any mainstream phone that came out in the past 3 years would be much larger than a 2016 "phablet".

Dex-chan lover
did u guys ever read Hdoujin that the girl ra*** one guy and make him c** inside her

and then somehow pregnant with his child...

then when the daughter growing up ...

she pretty much make her daughter do same thing at the guy ...

this its somehow what feeling i got on this series
"Do you have any idea how little that narrows it down?"

Dex-chan lover
Ummnnnn Im confused. Everything the mom said is uhhh pretty okay in my eyes, nothing wierd, nothing off putting. Can anyone please enlighten me?

Anywho thanks as always for the sl!

Dex-chan lover
As of this moment there's two possible futures, either an Oyakodon, or the wife selected the guy to impregnate her daughter and is eager to see her nephew.

Dex-chan lover
From what I've gathered, here's the breakdown for anyone who's confused about what's going on:

First, we're all aware that Touko has a father complex and is 100% trying to get into her step-dad's pants. And Hiroto's sister is slowly starting to pick up on that. But now, we're getting some indications that the mother may be in on something related to the daughter's behavior. And now the older lady is starting to detect strange vibes coming from Touko's mother.

Best guest as to what may be the situation between Touko and her mother is that there may be some child-parent "activities" occurring or soon to be. Touko's mother most likely engaged in a mother, daughter, step-father threeway and Touko was the end result. However, due to the death of the older stepfather, they needed a replacement to fulfill their desires. And now Hiroto, oblivious to the situation, has unknowingly stepped up to fill that position. But now, things are about to get interesting. We've already seen just how far Touko went to protect her secret. So now, we're about to see what her mother will do to achieve her goal.

Dex-chan lover
My guy doesn't know it yet but he needs to LEAVE ASAP.

So I'm guessing the mom can't bear any more kids and so she's raised the daughter to fulfill that ambition in her stead and the poor guy is their means of doing it.
......stop it, PLEASE STOP COOKING

I'll be truly disgusted if that was the case, I hate how your guess is already 98% valid

Dex-chan lover
First chapter says he died but not how
........Yea my money is on the mother being responsible for that

Maybe he wanted to pull the plug on the whole fetish and she didn't like that, which forced her hand

I'm just spit balling here

I know that it's a story and the suspension of disbelief demands that the plot continues. But there's nothing really tying him to the mother and daughter, he could simply say 'no' and walk away if things get too weird.
MC is japanese they don't know how to say no and those who know might suffer a seizurer while trying to do so

Users who are viewing this thread