“Okaeri, Papa” - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Perfect Execution

Dex-chan lover
I don't know why so many people think that the livestream will help her. Don't underestimate the societal pressure of having to maintain a good public image. Her mother is more concerned about her daughter's public image (and in turn her own because she is responsible for "raising" her) than her daughter herself. That, of course, causes self-worth issues and daughter tries to deal with that by getting the affection she doesn't get from her mother from her SNS in the form of likes and followers. The livestream shows her mother beating her, but she is not gonna beat her silently. She'll mention the condoms, she'll mention how she meets older men, true or not. She is going to be branded as a slut. Her followers will leave, write hate mail or tell her she should do it with them, her friends will stop interacting with her, possibly she will be bullied, her mother's opinion on her has hit rock-bottom and who knows? Maybe the public will see the mother's abuse as a one-time thing where she goes too far but ultimately had good intentions and just being worried about her and nothing will be done. But even if she gets taken away, she lost everything that was important to her.
i dont see why anyone would believe, or even be paying any attention, to what thecrazy mom is screaming while beating her daughter, theyd just see her as being in a blind rage

Dex-chan lover
By making it public, she basically made it so her victim is tied up with the public for a long while.

Dex-chan lover
"Perfect Execution" in that Touko's plan work flawlessly, but also in that family's social life got publicly executed by doing that livestream.

I actually felt sorry for that girl here, especially due to her shitty situation at home. Though she dug her own grave by ignoring the big red flags and warning MC gave to her. Seems she actually did know what was happening with her dad (stalking? tracking?) since she didn't get surprised by the video, it's probably the main reason MC ruined her life too.

As someone’s who’s had & knows narcissistic parents, don’t compare your kids to other kids & don’t be upset when they don’t suit your needs, that’s your job, & if you put your hands on your kids, go to hell, this chapter was a little triggering, even if she’s an “antagonist” I hope it gets better for her

So...am I really the only one worried that Touko might end up doing something similar to the stepfather?

For example, he turns her down after she comes on to him too strongly and says something she doesn't like. So, she just ruins his life in retaliation. I could see it happening.

Come to think of it, did the story ever mention what happened to the previous father?

...Shit. Now I have to go re-read.

Edit:
So, in chapter 1, it says her father 'passed away' in her second year of high school. Assuming she's a third year now, that was roughly a year ago.

I'm suddenly kinda curious about the circumstances surrounding his death...
This. Right now, MC is not really noticing her daughter's rather uneven breath towards him, but when HE DOES, I can only see it go three ways
1. He is disgusted, mans the fuck up and tells her to stop. She fucks his shit up. Bad End.
2. She manipulates him to NTR his wife. Very improbable, given the circumstances, and also technically a Bad End.
3. It's implied that her mother probably also has some screws loose, and if not KNOWS (ch.10 leans heavily towards this), at least kinda guesses what her daughter is up to. Throw in the fact of her marrying another man after just a YEAR, after the death of her previous husband... If that's what happening, MC needs to think VERY carefully about what he says and how he behaves. This is actually the most probable scenario, and it by itself can go both ways - MC accepts this and lives happily, or shoots himself in the foot, and perishes horribly.

...or maybe I'm just reading too much into this shit lmao

Dex-chan lover
There's so many levels of fucked up to this LOL

Framing Yurika into baiting her mother's abuse and then streaming it, which can help Yurika in the long run... It's all for the chaos to change Yurika's life so much that she'll be out of the picture.

Throw in the fact of her marrying another man after just a YEAR, after the death of her previous husband...
I don’t remember it saying that they married a year after prev husband died? iirc the prev husband died when Touko was a kid, unless it was the translation I was reading was just wrong.

also can I just say I don’t know how to feel when reading this. intrigued? disgusted? worried?
im gonna go with confused

I think people are misunderstanding something, the reason why she streamed her getting beat up was not to help her but to ruin her life. Since she's quite popular remember she's both popular online and in school so people will think she also has a good life, but after this people will talk about how her family is messed up and her mom is beating her. Specially if her mom got arrested the rumor will both spread in their school and social media, and even if she has some relatives I doubt that they will treat her better.
And some people said that the students in her school will be kind to her after learning that she's getting abused by her mom, that's highly unlikely remember when the students in their school keeps talking and avoiding the girl mc after they saw a picture of her walking with a man, she's also the most proper and popular student but they still talked to her back.

Users who are viewing this thread