“Okaeri, Papa” - Vol. 2 Ch. 11 - The Outcome

bro, what? It's so weird to talk about someone like this. Whether they are a real person or a character doesn't matter, it's weird.
There's a lot of "weird" (i.e. sociopathy) in the comments here, and in this series in general

Weirder than the FMC lol

Dex-chan lover
The fact that we go from (...) is both fascinating and depressing
This feels like a "Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monster All-Out Attack".
Where it isn't a force of nature; but instead malevolent beings fighting each other.

And in this chapter, I don't get why JP authors portray (maybe it is a real cultural thing?) that even her "foster" wants to abandon her, as evidenced by the phonecall when she's in the shower. Who the hell in a family -- in list of godparents/protective custody -- tries returning a child to a parent that abuses them?

Is this a real thing that happen there? Their culture is too screwed up.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Damn, was that her dad on the phone in the last panel? Whether it was dad or another relative, what an asshole! She's been beaten to the point the police arrested the mother and they want her back in the same mother's care!?! No wonder she's looking suicidal right now.

Great chapter, thanks for the translation!!
Yes. The one in call is her dad. Dad's too busy with work y'know. Japan only culture.

Dex-chan lover
There's a lot of "weird" (i.e. sociopathy) in the comments here, and in this series in general

Weirder than the FMC lol
Unfortunately, there are lots of weird comments from people that don't understand that 'joking' doesn't excuse dysfunctional behaviour. Like making "jokes" about underage sexual fantasies :sick:🤮

Dex-chan lover
I get how you feel, but what else are they supposed to use if that's supposed to represent someone mentally broken like her?
By action and dialogue, previous chapter where she actually did yandere stuff was great. There's literally no impact if she doesn't do anything and just has dark eyes for no reason. The author keeps doing this for other series as well where the girl has dark eyes and everything else about them is normal.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, it's not like she wasn't warned not to mess with FMC's father by FMC herself. If you see a giant fuck-off sign that has "Don't do it or you will get hurt" written on it and you still do it, you're in no position to complain or receive any sympathy when you, as the sign warned, get hurt.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, it's not like she wasn't warned not to mess with FMC's father by FMC herself. If you see a giant fuck-off sign that has "Don't do it or you will get hurt" written on it and you still do it, you're in no position to complain or receive any sympathy when you, as the sign warned, get hurt.
Her mother was abusive regardless tho

Dex-chan lover
Unfortunately, there are lots of weird comments from people that don't understand that 'joking' doesn't excuse dysfunctional behaviour. Like making "jokes" about underage sexual fantasies :sick:🤮
What do you mean underage? The girl is 17. Over the age of consent in many countries. It's perfectly natural to be sexually attracted to girls her age and to think about them in a sexual way.

Dex-chan lover
What do you mean underage? The girl is 17. Over the age of consent in many countries. It's perfectly natural to be sexually attracted to girls her age and to think about them in a sexual way.
I wasn't referring to this character specifically for the underage bit, but the start of the discussion was referencing this weird comment:
Maybe she shaved her lower hair with scissors.
The underage was more referencing a very common issue that commenters have regarding sexualizing literal children.

There was another manga in which a comment was wishing that the main girl was an actual youjo-aged child and had the MC do sexual acts with her. This person got banned, IIRC, but a lot of people who skirt that line don't get banned and somehow think its ok to say stuff if they say "It's a joke" when just because something is a joke doesn't mean that people won't think you are a freak.

Especially with the "it's a character, it's not real, its just a manga" rhetoric. It's still weird to sexualize a fictional child.

Dex-chan lover
This feels like a "Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah: Giant Monster All-Out Attack".
Where it isn't a force of nature; but instead malevolent beings fighting each other.

And in this chapter, I don't get why JP authors portray (maybe it is a real cultural thing?) that even her "foster" wants to abandon her, as evidenced by the phonecall when she's in the showed. Who the hell in a family -- in list of godparents/protective custody -- tries returning a child to a parent that abuses them?

Is this a real thing that happen there? Their culture is too screwed up.
You know a culture is screwed up if their age of consent is 12.

Users who are viewing this thread