Okashiratsuki

Fed-Kun's army
Good news. I got a very clean raw (tank quality) for chapter 13 so I just finished it. Never mind you guys, I couldn't wait until Jan, 2020. It's going to be in QC/edit for a day or two, and then it'll be uploaded.

>only 2k view from the last few ch and 4k on avarage over 13 ch.
This series is so underrated, and yet we see people acting all elitist and keep sh** posting over any new isekai/fantasy manga.
MeanWhile there's couples of good manga around goes unnoticed from their so called sophisticated taste.

Double-page supporter
I guess I still prefer the one-shot version, or is it the pilot chapter?

Dex-chan lover
I just don't get it. The characters are reacting like they're looking at the elephant man, or the tree man. I mean, It's a tiny little tail, so what gives. Yes, people fear what they don't understand, but it's a bit of an overreaction. There's way way stranger things than that.

@greenfrost I mean, this IS conservative japanese society AND it just so happens that all the people that have discovered it happened to react negatively to it, so I don't think he's all that open to showing it to people to see who would accept it. Also people who've exposed him have an agenda so they could hype it up too

Fed-Kun's army
The tail is an allegory for any number of harmless cosmetic differences. In reality, that condition is called vestigial tail and can easily be corrected with a simple surgery because it's just extra skin with no bones. But before you say Oh Japan, how silly, skin pigment level is one such harmless cosmetic difference and we're still having problems with it. This story is relevant to all of us.

Dex-chan lover
Allegory or not, it still needs to have a certain amount of believability, for it to be relatable. Sure, I can see kids easily bullying and isolating one of their peers for an inability to conform. But, with adults like Nachi's mother, it doesn't make sense. If, say, Kaisei had a deformed leg, and needed a cane or other means to walk properly, then I could understand the mothers concerns. Certain jobs would be out of the question, he would need special accommodations or help in his daily life, and people will always stare wherever they go. She'd face a lot of hardships she wouldn't normally have had to otherwise for the rest of her life. But, a small tail that can be surgically removed? I don't think so. Although, you're welcome correct me if you think I'm wrong.

Fed-Kun's army
Remember in this case, the mother isn't speculating on what might happen. She might not know everything, but she had an evening with Kaisei and have heard at least some of what happened. She knows he's been bullied and had to move many times, and he made the only connection in life with her daughter only to have to move again. She knows how much her daughter was troubled these 2 years and apparently he too, since he ran away. There's no parent who would see that and say, oh it's just a tail. She doesn't have to imagine what Nachi and her children might have to go through. She's seen it already. She knows it's not what she thinks or what she can come to terms with, which she will because she loves her daughter and will love the ones the daughter loves, but all the others who compose the rest of the world, the ones who have already proven they will react harshly, cruelly, and thoughtlessly.

And because it's an allergory, you're not supposed to fixate on the tail as a medical condition that can be easily corrected (called vestigial tail). It's a placeholder. People have already talked about it being trans, race, physical deformity, etc. What it is, is not important; that it is, is. That's what allegory means. If it is something that would actually interfere with life or is significant in some way, that would detract from the message because it would in some way justify the discrimination by other people. The message is, harmless cosmetic differences should not result in blanket discrimination and harassment. Once you make the difference meaningful (maybe he has really bad BO for example), then you can sympathize with what would be a natural reaction to that difference. So it has to be something innocuous. Again, it's a tail, but it's not. You have to read broadly and see the big picture that was intended.

bok

Thank you for your translations. This, and other Sahara Mizu, series has been a delight to read through!

Fed-Kun's army
I had the chapter 15 for a while but a little backlogged trying to finish up a volume that was close to finishing (Ayano-san) so it got delayed. It's #2 behind the latest chapter of Skip to Loafer.

Dex-chan lover
You know... I was a violent kid. I don't know what I would have done if I met a bully during my younger years. (I'm not bullied. Neither do my friends. I got lucky and lived in a pretty good neighbourhood).

But reading all these stories about bullying makes me feeling I WANT to know what I would have done if I met a bully back then...

Users who are viewing this thread