Omiai Shitakunakatta node, Murinandai na Jouken wo Tsuketara Doukyuusei ga Kita Ken ni Tsuite - Ch. 10.4 - Pool date with my 'fiancé' - Part 4

Supporter
I'm wondering if there's something in the novels that didn't get put in here? I went back over from the start, but all that I was able to find is that Arisa is adopted. But here it's said that she's actually also blood-related to her adoptive mother?

Also, personal quirk, but it seems really strange to refer to both of her parents as "step parents."

Dex-chan lover
I think they're misunderstanding things perfectly. Nothing wrong with their interpretation. It's closer to the truth anyway. The friends, that is. Not the actual couple. Their misunderstanding is just as tedious as always.

Supporter
is his friends dating the 2 girls? or my comperhension just bad.
He's technically only able to date one of them. Thanks to the ridiculous generational religious scam the family of the other girl lives off, she cannot be seen to have taken a male lover other than the "god" who founded the cult, though one will obviously be necessary to produce actual heirs. Both girls have made a certain level of peace with this arrangement.

Dex-chan lover
I'm wondering if there's something in the novels that didn't get put in here? I went back over from the start, but all that I was able to find is that Arisa is adopted. But here it's said that she's actually also blood-related to her adoptive mother?

Also, personal quirk, but it seems really strange to refer to both of her parents as "step parents."
I remember the mother being her relative in the novel, hence her ending up in their care. It's been quite a long time since that was brought up, though, so I might be misremembering.

Dex-chan lover

They're both step-parents because they aren't her real parents, remember. They didn't even formally adopt her. Step-mother is related by blood (unsure if aunt or some other further relative), father isn't related at all. Remember that orphans usually go to family first, even if family doesn't want them; someone eventually gets pressured into it by the rest of the family who have more power within their dynamic.

Supporter
They're both step-parents because they aren't her real parents, remember. They didn't even formally adopt her. Step-mother is related by blood (unsure if aunt or some other further relative), father isn't related at all. Remember that orphans usually go to family first, even if family doesn't want them; someone eventually gets pressured into it by the rest of the family who have more power within their dynamic.
image.png
image.png

Her being adopted is established enough. If she wasn't, how or why would she feel obligation towards the potential use of Yuzuru's family to financially assist her own? And you're also going to tell me that me that I've been wrong my whole life that my brother is actually my step-brother simply because he's adopted?

Dex-chan lover
image.png
image.png

Her being adopted is established enough. If she wasn't, how or why would she feel obligation towards the potential use of Yuzuru's family to financially assist her own? And you're also going to tell me that me that I've been wrong my whole life that my brother is actually my step-brother simply because he's adopted?
Isn't that the case. He is adopted and you aren't blood related. He is a step-brother because it needs step (by adopted) to become your brother

Contributor
They let the three in on their circumstances, but I'm not sure by how much. It's not clear to me if they also know the two of them are also in a fake boyfriend-girlfriend relationship (CMIIW), but they do know at least that they are engagement partners on paper.

Hmm, so Arisa is 3/8 Japanese, 3/8 Russian and 2/8 French by birth from her biological parents. She's technically less than hafu, she's 5/8 non Japanese by blood. Her stepmother is most likely an aunt, if not a sister of her dad or mom, maybe their cousin, so that's still blood related but even more distant.

Good to see the girls get some bonding time, IMO Arisa could stand to have a female friend or two and both Ayaka and Chiharu seem to be good candidates to be that friend.

Dex-chan lover
image.png
image.png

She's legally adopted, not formally adopted. They are her guardians, not her new parents. This is why their last names are still different; she wasn't accepted into their family registry (though no doubt she also doesn't want to be there, either, but remain on her parent's registry). She feels obligation because, as cold as they are, they still took her in and give her food and clothes and paid/pay for her other necessities out of their own societal obligations. It's a huge cultural difference with the Japanese, especially with large older families in how they're structured and stuff like that.

Your adopted brother, by comparison, who you consider your brother and I assume your parents also consider their son, would by contrast be both legally AND formally adopted, since your family has truly taken him in and made him part of your family, going by what you say; if you were Japanese, he'd be added to the family registry, in other words.

Dex-chan lover
When asked if they were dating, they should have just gone with it and said yes. Why not? It'd be simpler.

Users who are viewing this thread