Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint - Ch. 40 - The Omniscient Sunfish (4)

@Alaric88 lol this was based on a reenactment of history, what's wrong with bringing attention to it? Also insecure is kind of poor word choice for the reaction to Japan's refusal to acknowledge their invasion of and war crimes committed in many East Asian countries

@Rdrop
Leave him alone he probably didnt know this battle happens hundred years before Japanese Occupation in South Korea

On the topic, best chapter of manhwa so far.

Wooo, Lee Jihye is one of my favorites. Can’t wait to see the full arcs, especially our
metal man and his planet.

Fed-Kun's army
Finally I get to see the ghost fleet in action. Very nice.

Can't wait to see
Persephone in garter belts lmao

@Rdrop I don’t care if they want to whine about that stuff in their political discussions. But it gets old seeing it in every single Korean work. It’s like the Japanese always shouting about how their cuisine is the best or the Chinese always bringing up how long their history is and why that means they’re better than everyone else. I want to read a fantasy story not petty nationalism.

Aggregator gang
@Jeikob read about admiral yi's history
Its actually a tear jerker with how much his own Country's nobles fked him up yet he still served its people well.
Very inspiring so probably that was why every maritime people knew him

@Rdrop, good point. I think @Alaric88 has one too. You bring up both sides of the same coin. Toxic nationalism in each country pushes us to demonize foreigners and prevents people from realizing what all adults must, that our country did (and does) bad things.

Japan denies a lot of its history and its minorities equal rights to appease its nationalists, as does America vis-a-vis Native Americans, slaves, African Americans, asians, immigrants, women, and war victim around the world. Like China, Korea tends to demonize the Japanese who invaded (like Americans demonize the British who they fought for independence). They exaggerate their heroic qualities and Japanese inhumanity, but the Japanese invaders were in the wrong and did terrible things (massacres, chemical weapons, using locals as comfort women, dressing as civilians to ambush soldiers, ordering civilian suicides to protect intel, killing minority soldiers who surrendered, etc.). We all have room to improve, some more than others.

That said, this chapter's epic battle is still easy to appreciate. That invasion had few positives. Invasion means losing loved ones, community, and heritage. While a successful defense against the odds brings hope to a broader community of survivors. It is also epic for giving us a glimpse of a person's struggle to overcome her guilt and help her people survive. It was somewhat diminished by the schemes and ulterior motives involved, but her heroism shined through. Thanks for translating.

lol girl why u kill ur friend when there alot of other people or did i miss something 🧐

Users who are viewing this thread