One Punch Man (Webcomic/Original) - Ch. 112

@Zael I've never experienced such a huge amount of awe and such a huge amount of hilarity at the same time, with a manga or comic or anime. The closest to this for me are Buster Keaton's early movies. ONE is a genius. OPM changed the history of superheroes forever!

Dex-chan lover
@Mabbo So he's a "hero" monster? That actually makes a lot of sense. It explains his plain face and baldness since he's basically fused with a completely blank persona of a "hero" that doesn't exist. It also might explain his apathy since monsters seem to lose passion for everything, including the things they loved, and become solely focused on growing stronger and killing, so since he's reached the pinnacle of strength and can't enjoy killing since he's a "hero" he's lost interest in everything, including the heroism he loved so much in the first place.

@Hounder (and everyone else who I suspect came straight here for the latest chapters from the manga):

The Saitama = Blast theory has pretty much been debunked by the Psychic Sisters arc here in the webcomic. Blast appeared 18 years ago and saved Tatsumaki when she was a child, inspiring her to become who she is today. Blast looked like an adult back then (or at least late-teenager), and Saitama is 25 now, which means that he was 7 years old back then. Way before breaking his limiter.

Dex-chan lover
@Vedtraed why even put it as a spoiler? those are events that happen in previous chapters, and they all should know better, it should be common knowledge from the past, is not a spoiler, is a reminder, if you put it in a spoiler the people you are trying to correct will just avoid it.

still the art suits 100% to the story. Murata's version doesn't feel like THAT due to too great art. But here those shabby frames create half of the jokes.

@chucke1992 I like to think that Murata's version is like a translation from one language to another. He keeps the meaning and sometimes improves upon.

Dex-chan lover
Improves upon? Murata stuffs so much filler in there that I can't enjoy it anymore. His art is amazing but the original web comic is the only canon and this monsterization nonsense is so fucking derivative.

Dex-chan lover
I’m enjoying the manga more than the webcomic atm though. I admit the manga has been boring until recently but it’s picking up the pace more. Pretty sure One does most the story anyways for the manga.

I just laugh out loud whenever i read OPM, the humor is great, the characters are memorable and the story is interesting, it also takes on deeper themes (saitama existential boredom for example). it's great that is back.

are we going to see a robot arc, and find out what group those two robot are from when saitama first fought soinc something

Can't stop reading this chapter over and over again...
"Let's start!"
The way Saitama is suddenly beside him, just from one panel to the next, and with that same bored face.... LMAO!!!!!

And Genos's seriousness and hurry going to fetch some tape...

This chapter is awesome!

lol
on pg 15 ONE just enlarged the right panel to make the left panel.

@Mabbo Saitama could possibly be a monster in human form since its possible for a monster to maintain their human appearance. Surprise- Attack Plum, Gale Wind and Hellfire Flame are good examples.

Dex-chan lover
@eddard8
Dude
everything that has been added to the manga is outright filler to fluff it up.
The webcomic didnt run this long, it went straight and to the point, because every single character aside from boros and garou are irrelevant.

and the prophecy stated that something within six months would happen, not that it would happen in six months, learn to read.

There's one thing I don't understand. Flashy says "you broke my sword". But did Saitama break it? I checked Chapter 78, page 12, where Flashy's sword breaks, and I don't quite understand that panel. It looks like the sword just broke or broke against a wall... Does anyone has a better understanding of that panel? Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread