One Punch Man (Webcomic/Original) - Ch. 147

Dex-chan lover
hmm I just caught up with the official Manga and to learn Cram School is Actually a group of super-intelligent kids is kinda WTF I hope they keep that and elaborate on it in the official Manga but I guess we will see also Doutei getting upset because they are doing vigilante activities is hilarious

Dex-chan lover
I was surprised about Puri-Puri Prisoner. He has always been a joke of sorts, but the fact that he is trying to rehabilitate the prisoners that want to shank him, really shows the depths of his conviction. I can only guess the ones that fight him the most in this, are the ones that become his more ardent supporters. He has gone through a lot of growth in this series. Took a lot of leg work, but he is pretty great now.

Still no Garou or Mumen Rider, but he is working hard.

Dex-chan lover
Man you get introductions to SOOOO many things in just one issue of the webcomic, the house of evolution, the machine god, the puri prisoner prisoners and the cram school.
The manga seems to be swimming in molasses if you compare it.

Group Leader
I was surprised about Puri-Puri Prisoner. He has always been a joke of sorts, but the fact that he is trying to rehabilitate the prisoners that want to shank him, really shows the depths of his conviction. I can only guess the ones that fight him the most in this, are the ones that become his more ardent supporters. He has gone through a lot of growth in this series. Took a lot of leg work, but he is pretty great now.

Just in case you don't recall, he's in prison because he keeps raping the villains he fights and catches. All he cares about is his potential fuck-buddies/toys from being killed, and his rehabilitation is him trying to brainwash them into never leaving him.

Dex-chan lover
hmm I just caught up with the official Manga and to learn Cram School is Actually a group of super-intelligent kids is kinda WTF I hope they keep that and elaborate on it in the official Manga but I guess we will see also Doutei getting upset because they are doing vigilante activities is hilarious
At this point the S-Class having a secret society shouldn't be surprising. But its seems One is determined have one for everyone in S-Class. Tatsumaki has that Esper eye thing, Atomic that swordsmaster group, Flash has that ninja camp or Blast that otherworld team. If King turn out to have otaku friends that are really really strong and he's the leader, that'd be awesome as f.

Dex-chan lover
We need to know what Emperor Child saw that day, he's been on edge all this time... But no more than Genos, I hope the next chapter doesn't jump around too much! because I'm hungry for answers of any kind!

Dex-chan lover

Uh, what Puri Puri considers rehab, and what any ordinary person on the planet considers rehab are about as far as the East from the west.

If you want a good example the character T-bag from prison break is very analogous.

Ironically the threat of Puri Puris "rehab" actually causes prisoners to legitimate rehab, just to escape him.

And while he is really twisted as a person, Puri does actually behave heroically for society at large, at least in terms of sacrificing himself to protect innocent others.

At this point the S-Class having a secret society shouldn't be surprising. But its seems One is determined have one for everyone in S-Class. Tatsumaki has that Esper eye thing, Atomic that swordsmaster group, Flash has that ninja camp or Blast that otherworld team. If King turn out to have otaku friends that are really really strong and he's the leader, that'd be awesome as f.
In the distant future:

Child Emperor: Hey King! Come try this new game ive been working on. Take this controller, I will set you up as Genos.

Meanwhile elsewhere

Genos: I never expected that after the professors death that Child Emperor would help me to become stronger. I wonder what upgrades he gave me this time?

Beep
*remote control mode activated. "Game" HUD will now display.

Genos: What is happening? Oh no, there are hundreds of Dragon level monsters that suddenly appeared. This is too much for me, I should go find master.

Genos: Wait why am I moving towards them. Why is my blaster suddenly charging up?

-A few minutes later.

King: Well that was boring. I thought these dragon enemy mobs would be something of a challenge, even in first person mode. But it would be more fun if there were thousands this level or higher to fight, or a real boss.

Hey kid, do you have any weaker or gimmicky characters I can play as? Genos is too powerful for this difficulty, I want to have a handicap to make it an actual challenge.

Child Emperor: Hang on, let me see what I can make.....

------------------
Genos: Master! MASTER! You won't believe it! I don't know how it happened, but I finally transcended my limits. I beat up a bunch of dangerous monsters and didn't even scratch my paint.

---‐-----------------------
Child Emperor: It took a bit of research but I got the perfect character for you. Just select it in the connect to unit remotely character select screen.

*unit Mumen Rider selected

-----‐-----------------------------
Internal monologue: This is the story how after I got a mysterious full body suit that I , Mumen Rider, became the number 1 hero in the world.

All jokes aside, King with a controlled unit who thinks he is playing a game, would be a Hella Op. And if One actually goes this route, he could go fully down that path. Like have the hero association use metal knights resources to create a "fighting game" released to the public(perhaps even VRMMO or something). Where King and his competitive peers would beat up actual monsters. King being a class above himself, but his peers would have their own niches. Like one "player" just using chain grapples/grabs to defeat enemies, or using gag items to humiliate enemies in defeat.

Double-page supporter
ONE cooked with this chapter. Great all around.
Murata went crazy with Child Emperor's fight against Phoenix on the manga, now it's ONE's turn. I actually really enjoyed this air strike that ONE drew. As always, not too sophisticated, yet spectacular composition.

Dex-chan lover
King would not have that. Because in the manga that Murata drawn, he was already looking for people to train him but failed. Maybe a secret admirer that king doesn't know its existence

Dex-chan lover
  • Treating PriPriPrisoner as another monster will never be not hilarious
  • Figures he's not the only kid genius
  • Ark: Survival Evolved you say?

Users who are viewing this thread