Onii-chan Is Done For! Official Anthology Comic - Vol. 4 Ch. 53 - Yuuta-kun and Minato-kun! The Truth Revealed!

Group Leader
What is that zoning they were talking about?
Episode 10, 21:19. Also ch34.5-3, 3rd panel.
"W-we were just having a back-and-forth over the store's zoning, that's all..."

For whatever reason despite them saying "zoning" in English, virtually every other translation of the manga and anime avoids it and just has them say they were discussing the layout. Which I suppose isn't wrong but does make direct callbacks to it like the Japanese OniMai fandom constantly makes hard to pick up on if you're unaware. I honestly forgot about how everyone else translated the line and I'll go and whip up an actual TL notes page that explains the reference like I've had to in other cases so I can append it at the end.

Group Leader

For whatever reason despite them saying "zoning" in English, virtually every other translation of the manga and anime avoids it and just has them say they were discussing the layout. Which I suppose isn't wrong but does make direct callbacks to it like the Japanese OniMai fandom constantly makes hard to pick up on if you're unaware. I honestly forgot about how everyone else translated the line and I'll go and whip up an actual TL notes page that explains the reference like I've had to in other cases so I can append it at the end.
And done. I also edited a line on pg7 which was a direct callback to Ch66.5 so that the phrasing better matched Wyste's TL. That should cover all the bases.

Dex-chan lover
Once I saw the “all boys should become girls” line, I knew this was from the Holy Sword short manga author. 😂
Whatever happened to that series anyway? Feels like it just stopped right when it was starting to get good, and looking at the guy's Pixiv still hasn't helped me figure out whether it was the series that got dropped or just the translation. Same goes for the "I Will Not Be a Girl" series.

Dex-chan lover

I'm guessing because talking about actual zoning from inside the store, and using that as an excuse for why they were around the R18 section, is ...really strange, borderline nonsensical even.

I was wondering if this was one of those wasei-eigo instances where the word doesn't mean the same thing when used verbatim in japanese as it does in actual english.

Group Leader
I'm guessing because talking about actual zoning from inside the store, and using that as an excuse for why they were around the R18 section, is ...really strange, borderline nonsensical even.

I was wondering if this was one of those wasei-eigo instances where the word doesn't mean the same thing when used verbatim in japanese as it does in actual english.
Yes, it has more common application to the layout of the interior of buildings in Japanese rather than having a meaning attributed mainly to municipal planning. It actually does have the same meaning in English in regards to interior design, it's just not as commonly known. In the anime Mahiro himself is a bit baffled as to what they're talking about before they explain and they're all using the word aloud, so it made more sense to just leave it as-is there. I honestly forgot at the time that the manga fan TL didn't use it at all (since in that context it makes less sense to), so it's a base that should be covered.

I've gone ahead and changed the line to say "zoning and store layouts" instead, so you'd be likely to catch the reference while reading no matter what TL you experienced first.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
cd6zpj.jpeg

What did he mean by this
Minato was saying he was sorry to see the whole maid cafe thing go, including wearing the maid uniform. Basically it was a hint that Minato had awakened to crossdressing at least, if not TS.
Nyaa comment sections are always like that, but releases like Miyosmiyos that are done by "outsiders" to the site's in-groups/cartel are particularly full of FUD.
As bad as it is, it's still better than the old nyaa . se. At least the current iteration doesn't pick a favored group's translation to have a different color (blue) as if it was somehow the "best" version. The old one did that and it was always a cartel group, even if the fans preferred other releases. (Going by votes on MAL (back before they removed that feature) and AniDB. Which, of course, would get brigaded by the cartel groups while the series was airing to try and "correct" that.)
Whatever happened to that series anyway? Feels like it just stopped right when it was starting to get good, and looking at the guy's Pixiv still hasn't helped me figure out whether it was the series that got dropped or just the translation. Same goes for the "I Will Not Be a Girl" series.
I tried looking into that last night and it appears the "I Will Not Be a Girl" series was on Twitter, not Pixiv. The official raws link goes to one of the individual chapter tweets, not a thread, so finding it would take a lot of work. (I have no idea why the editor embedded your quote inside a quote by another person, but I can't get it to delete it. Sorry about that.)

Group Leader

Ah, i remember now, appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread