Onii-chan Is Done For! - Vol. 9 Ch. 83.9 - Minato-kun is Done For? (Full Version)

Dex-chan lover
1*w4DxUy0PMoqeq25UXfyL0g@2x.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
Hope this somehow plays into the main series, bet MC would have a lot of weird misunderstanding about the situation haha

Dex-chan lover
Yeah she's even more trans than Mahiro somehow. Mihari get her some juice
You're going to 100% get some heat for this one (due to the near-Pavlovian hostile response some people have to the "T" word being used to describe something), but I agree.

Mahiro really revels in the various aspects of being a girl, but still very much wants to be seen as a reliable "oniichan" figure. It's why I say "any pronouns work for Mahiro". In a sense Mahiro comes off as a very cute young girl (helped in no small part to Marika Kouno's incredible voice acting) but with an almost boyish fire to her.

Minato though... man, even a DROP of experiencing the feminine and that kid's heart is singing. Think about it; if you turned Mahiro back almost right away from the first or second chapter, they'd be like "whew that was weird but I got past it somehow". Minato in that position would probably be agonizing over pervasive thoughts about asking to become a girl again, instead of having to let it go forever. That is peak gender feels.

(Mahiro does ultimately develop gender feels too, but they didn't take root this rapidly)

Dex-chan lover
Minato-kun tasted the forbidden fruit, and there is no turning back from that sweetness.

Dex-chan lover
Everything else aside, why do you think so?
Because at least twice now, we have Minato said "It's a bit sad saying goodbye" with regards to crossdressing. Once after the school festival and now again in this chapter. And the whole thing about not changing back into his normal clothing even when doing homework or having dinner?

I mean, the writing is on the wall that Minato almost immediately took to all this and is loathe to let it go. If said wall was 20 stories high and said writing was in glow-in-the-dark neon green paint.

Whereas, yeah, in my hypothetical? I could see early, pre-character development Mahiro letting it go pretty quickly with nary a passing melancholy thought like the sort Minato expresses. Mihari had to very literally drag her brother into it sometimes, even if Mahiro otherwise really got into expressing feminine once giving it a sincere try.

Supporter
You're going to 100% get some heat for this one (due to the near-Pavlovian hostile response some people have to the "T" word being used to describe something), but I agree.

Mahiro really revels in the various aspects of being a girl, but still very much wants to be seen as a reliable "oniichan" figure. It's why I say "any pronouns work for Mahiro". In a sense Mahiro comes off as a very cute young girl (helped in no small part to Marika Kouno's incredible voice acting) but with an almost boyish fire to her.

Minato though... man, even a DROP of experiencing the feminine and that kid's heart is singing. Think about it; if you turned Mahiro back almost right away from the first or second chapter, they'd be like "whew that was weird but I got past it somehow". Minato in that position would probably be agonizing over pervasive thoughts about asking to become a girl again, instead of having to let it go forever. That is peak gender feels.

(Mahiro does ultimately develop gender feels too, but they didn't take root this rapidly)
Yeah, I've long thought Mahiro's gender is mostly irrelevant - most boys/men in Japanese stories seem to be very invested in being manly men, and Mahiro definitely has some of that, but it's more about being invested in certain things that are generally seen as manly but aren't inherently gendered (even in Japanese culture), like being a responsible older sibling, being responsible for the safety of the household, and (most importantly for the story and character growth) being strong and reliable. For Mahiro, that last one ended up being read as "independent to a fault" (a fairly common "manly" way of thinking, sadly).

Most of what drove Mahiro's descent into neet-dom was that desire to live up to the common misreading of being strong and reliable, and failing to achieve that (particularly contrasted with Mihari); the core of the whole story and Mahiro's character arc is learning that you can be strong and reliable and responsible without needing to be independent to a fault. Being genderbent is just the backdrop, not the point - the real point of the whole thing is Mahiro realising that it's okay to need help because sometimes you absolutely need help; recognising that the people you care about won't suddenly despise you for needing (and accepting) that help; and realising that it's possible to both accept help and support from people and to give help and support, often at the same time.

. . . the fact that young girl == small bladder == surprisingly common fetish . . . . . I guess we're all still here after 90-odd chapters, so we can overlook that?

Minato, though, really does seem like a nice kid with no particular hangups who just hadn't thought about any of this until now . . . I do hope we see more of this, because it's definitely a more realistic approach to someone reassessing their understanding of their own gender identiy and preferences, and it's nice to see.

. . . . also, wow it's hard to write something like this without using pronouns at all . . .

Users who are viewing this thread