Onii-chan Is Done For! - Ch. 86.9 - Minato-kun is Done For? 1.5

Fed-Kun's army
She keeps provoking him : shows up out of the shower in a weird way, makes him wear her night clothes, doesn't look that disturbed by his nocturnal emissions... incest vibes. Although I very much doubt the author will go that route, at least openly.

Also, he's obviously attracted to females, so not quite done for I'd say.

Supporter
this comment section is being omega retarded, wtf guys? most of the time youre cool
This manga is pretty much a Rohrschach test for people's ideas about gender and gender identity - which is impressive, since I suspect the author's main focus is how many times they can make characters piss themselves while plausibly having it tied to the story . . .

Supporter
She keeps provoking him : shows up out of the shower in a weird way, makes him wear her night clothes, doesn't look that disturbed by his nocturnal emissions... incest vibes. Although I very much doubt the author will go that route, at least openly.

Also, he's obviously attracted to females, so not quite done for I'd say.
Plenty of trans women are lesbian . . .

Also, incest seems like a common . . . . fetish isn't quite the right term . . . a transgression that's pretty commonly fantasised in Japan? Or perhaps that's a sampling bias, and it's actually the translators picking an unrepresentative sample? But I don't think we'll see that here, our esteemed(?) author has other fetishesfantasies . . .

Dex-chan lover
My guy that is literally what a fetish is

Getting hard from dressing like a girl or wanting to "become a girl" is a sexual paraphilia.

Euphoria boners IS basically AGP. You're just calling it by a different name and saying it totally isn't a fetish
See the thing you're missing is the fact that erections exist outside of sexual contexts. I get them when riding rollercoasters sometimes. My teenage self would get them just whenever. When I wake up and have to pee I'm hard. Does that make all of those situations sexual ones and fetishistic?

Dex-chan lover
You can't have it both ways in terms of paradigm. Either what makes you aroused is related to your identity or it isn't. And if you say it isn't, that sword cuts both ways -- if you don't think Minato's arousal is indicative of anything deeper then you also have to necessarily concede that autogynephilia isn't really a thing. Half because if it was a thing, the vast vast vast majority of the people getting diagnosed with it would be women. (there was a study that shows that even straight women who watch pr0n tend to focus their attention on the woman in any given scene)

And if you say "well that's ridiculous why would we be testing for that in women anyway" -- because by the above thesis, gender identity doesn't factor into arousal so ergo men and women alike ought to be tested for it to be truly rigorous. And yeah, the diagnosis would become meaningless in a hurry. (assuming it ever had a purpose in the first place, aside from making people in a puritan society feel insecure)

... Frankly, my position is sticking with Occam's Razor -- the simplest explanation. Minato is experiencing a bundle of different stimuli. He's in a formative age of self-exploration and some psychosexual wires are getting crossed. As they do because the human mind is a network of pleasure centers and conditioning. In an in-universe context, rushing to conclusions to assume where his identity lands would be doing his personal journey a disservice. In an authorial intent context, I feel pretty comfortable assuming Minato is meant to be Onimai's femboy representation and it's not likely to stray from that. Which is cool and I hope people who like femboys are happy having him rep for them.

(that said... Nekotofu really made me quirk my eyebrow when they admitted to collecting women's clothing on twitter. Tried to pass it off as no different from collecting figurines. Author-san has his own stuff he's working through, I think.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread