Only Sense Online - Vol. 9 Ch. 48 - Raid Quest and Sky Eyes

Dex-chan lover
It's a giant wolf so Arch Tempered Great wolf Sif

Dex-chan lover
Ah, so this is the part where we are supposed to begin to like that PK-wanker. Because he betrayed the other PKs and is a battle junkie.

My only thought about the raiding party was, 'Those 5 single players. Are they trustworthy or are they going to stab Yun in his back?'

Hmm.... wasn't yun a
Male? Why Didi myuu call yuu onee chan or was it the original raw its pg 17

Dex-chan lover
*residentsleeper

The pker just attacking his own people and letting the PvE-people do their thing? Author is just stupid af.

Double-page supporter
If this happens in real life, the game would dying so f*king fast, even pk player will retired if no trust with each other

It's like community only works in the game, meanwhile in the outside it's different world. No complaints to the developer, no balancing game mechanics and all people will still play the game even it become unplayable

Like many readers (maybe) I support the pk guy to exterminate MC party even it will not happen. Especially the sword woman, who want a 3rd round duel but after get better gear, what a loser, she still can't defeated him even he get super disadvantage in tournament and she believe will win ??? If later she win, it's like taku plot armor a chapter back...

On side note, in this chapter water mage girl can delay her skill, why she not use her skill like that against taku? Anybody know?

Contributor
@Edjan Actually the game wouldn't die fast IRL. Back in the day there was a game called Ultima Online (UO). It was identical to this game (minus the VR stuff) and it lasted for years and was popular as hell. Players were on a single server and it was open world PVP, there was no choice to opt out, eventually people got bored and started ganking other players (since they could steal all your items and old). It ended up forcing the creators to create 2 server types PVP and PVE, that really hurt the game but in the end it only died off once games like World of Warcraft and GW were released, it even managed to survive Everquest for a while.

It's also worth pointing out that there are patches and re-balances every so often, the manga skips it but it happens quite frequently in the Light Novel, as is players complaining to the devs on forums and in game. In the novel it clearly states that this game is the first of it's kind (for VR hypnosis), so there are patches every so often and it's worth pointing out that how dev's design a game to be played and how players actually play said game are usually 2 different things that exist to this day.

Also as for the PVP in the game it's explained better in the light novel (like the severe penalties for being killed) and such. Basically (if memory serves) there are 2 types of experience in game, one is PVP the other PVE. Leveling up either path gives you access to certain abilities that you can only get if you take that path, (think specing for PVP or PVE). He has his leveled up so he has access to better PVP abilities and stats plus he has more (player) experience as a pvper. She was at a disadvantage since she wasn't a PVPer it wasn't a fair fight, however that was in an arena and not open world where she can use all her abilities (not just PVP ones). It's explained in more detail in the light novel, the manga is rushed and leads to it skipping over large sections of story and scenes that make everything make more sense like how Yun is fully female in game and is seen as a girl in the eyes of his sisters and Taku usually even IRL. Most stuff that happens has an explanation and isn't plot armor, it's just not included in the manga.

Contributor
@Pandorie A couple things, first Yun in game is completely female and all his info comes up as such and it is impossible to play as the opposite sex (he got in because of a bug and some blackmail). He also isn't allowed into male only areas.

As for Myu calling him Onee-chan, she calls him that pretty much full time in the light novels (even when they are alone) and only calls him Onii-chan a handful of times and most of that occurs IRL, though she does call him Onee-chan IRL a couple of times though it's not made clear if it's an honest mistake or on purpose. Also in the LN it's alluded to that his sisters and Taku, don't really see Yun as a guy even before the game, and that Yun had a "history of cross-dressing" prior to playing the game, this was what Sei blackmailed him with. There is quite a few scenes in the Light Novels where his sisters refer to themselves as 3 sisters.

Also the line you are referring to goes like this in the light novel.

"Yun-oneechan. No, Onii-chan. Pull yourself together!"

"Gueh!! My-Myu?!"

and

"Also, Mikadzuchi-san said this! When the raid quest is over and the feast starts, without Yun-oneechan we'll run out of fish."

Even when it's just Taku, Myu and Sei alone together and they all know Yun is a guy IRL, they all refer to Yun as a girl and Onee-chan, and it only gets worst as the novel progresses.

Double-page supporter
@descending_angel87 in conclusion manga adaptation is so bad, it tends to go fluffy all the way while discarding many important information about the world and a character interaction.

Manga artist doesn't know how to fully use her/his imagination from ln to manga. Or this editor fault? Or other factors?

Aggregator gang
Hmm, so Flame Prison Squad isn't really PKers they are PvPers. I think the author needs to reassess the difference between PvP (I just like fighting other people because PvE is boring.) and PK (I just like ganking people) since they have the PKers acting like PvPers.

Contributor
@Edjan I would say it's more they lack the length and space, and it's probably more their editor.

You're not the first complaint I have seen about this manga (or the first I have tried to answer questions for), a lot of people are confused because of stuff that gets skipped out to save space, like how Emily knew who Yun was despite being him being female in game there was a section where they go cake shopping IRL after running in to one another and end up talking about Taku which leads both to believe the other likes him. That is completely skipped.

Or the explanations of PVP penalties, players loose all their experience (both PVP and PVE), they loose all their gold to the pker that killed them, and they get a crippling death debuff that lasts a while. Or the discussions on the forums about patches and updates, like how the cooking patch brought in hunger so people would use that system. It's touched upon in the manga (See the start of Chapter 11) but they only mention player balancing.

Aggregator gang
@descending_angel87 Um, they literally spelled out the fact that the hunger system was designed to make people use the cooking sense.

I won't deny that the manga rushes some things. For instance, in this chapter they failed to properly show that the PKers who just wanted to be bullies and ruin everyone else's experience were a different guild from Flein and Flame Prison Squad, so he isn't "turning on his allies" as he is just attacking a bunch of tagalongs who thought they could get easy XP by grouping up with him.

Yes, the manga is rushed. But I'm still enjoying it, so that's all that matters to me.

Contributor
@Madcat6204 Actually there is a few lines skipped or over simplified that confused some people. Like this part is missing from the explanation

However, the thing I was concerned about was...
"What if we can't eat in the real later after eating in the game. If even though I made dinner we couldn't eat it because of that, it would be sad."
"I don't think that'll happen. I tried eating food item 【Rice Ball】 in the β version, despite having a taste it didn't fill the stomach. So it's just game status-based thing."
Such a thing. I looked back at the screen convinced.

or the fact it requires a long quest line and various 5kg lessons to learn to cook each ingredient which is why not everyone has it. Also

As I was told to make bread, there appeared a material called 'Fresh Bread'. I took advantage of it.

With Martha's bread, lettuce and bacon and the cheese I cut appropriately, I used an easy and fail-proof recipe to make a sandwich.

Yun's Sandwich 【Consumable】

Satiety+25, Evaluation 5

A sandwich Yun put her heart into making.

And it became like this “『Crafter's name』 and 『Dish Name』” has become this item's name. Moreover there was that description. “『Dish Name』『Crafter's』 has put his/her heart into making. ” as well as the item evaluation which was something that estimated how tasty the item was in numeric value.

It's just the tiny details that are missing that actually make stuff make a bit more sense. This explains why people want Yun's cooking and the fact that it has a tastey numeric value.

Users who are viewing this thread