Only Sense Online

no real objective, still pretty entertaining and fun ride, def will keep reading

I made a subreddit for the series if anyone is interested
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnlySenseOnlineSeries/

@monkey123, it's not even that given that this "genderswap" occurs in a virtual reality so this whole discussion about if it's CD/GS is really pointless to begin with. As i've read below supposedly the MC has a history of CDing IRL but it's not like this is mentioned in the manga, or at least not yet so perhaps the wisest thing to do is just to take it as a silly quirk and leave it at that, or at least until further developments reassure what was written in the LN.
Being said that I'm a bit disappointed because this very well could've been an isekai, and I know there are plenty of those, but I don't recall one that has some specific mention about crafting and stuff, I believe the setting could be adapted properly to that genre with a few workarounds. Unless the LN mentions about IRL events that would bear some consequences to the in-game setting there isn't to be excited about regarding the MC/family/friends interactions irl.

On a side note, this manga kicked in some faux nostalgia about asian MMORPGs that I didn't even play. Now I'm playing Ragnarok Mobile (Global) so if someone is playing hmu.
I could have sworn the LN said his in game character was still male but extra feminine. Hence, why he looks like a girl but is still completely flat chested. That said, it could have just been a piss poor translation.

As you said though, there's no gender swap going on here at all, even if his character in game is 100% female. At best, he's just cross playing.

I could understand calling it a gender swap if his real life body swapped with his virtual one at some point but that doesn't happen. This should have, at most, a cross dressing tag. This is little more than digital cross dressing. We don't have a cross play tag, so that's not happening.

Honestly, the thing that made me tired of OSO is that I'm not a fan of slice of life. There's no real story here. There's no tension at all. It's just some nub grinding a production class in an MMO while playing the opposite gender. The whole thing is just super common and mundane. What's worse, aside from some minor interactions early on, there's almost no reason to have him playing a female character other than for him to look girly. This could have been a trans story and would have had something actually interesting to play with there but it's not even that. It's just a guy cross dressing because cute is justice or some bs.

I made a subreddit for the series if anyone is interested
https://www.reddit.com/r/OnlySenseOnlineSeries/

r/OnlySenseOnlineSeries is a private community​

r/OnlySenseOnlineSeries​

This sub is about the series Only Sense Online, i am making this sub because r/OnlySenseOnline is private, and i want there to be a public place to discuss the series.
The moderators of r/OnlySenseOnlineSeries have set this community to private.
Only approved members can view and take part in its discussions.
lol, wut

Dex-chan lover
Requesting YunxTaku moments to gaslight myself into reading this, please.

The manga would be way better if the mc wasn't bullied at every chance the other characters got. I really wanna like it, but I can't.

Users who are viewing this thread