Onna Chara de Isekai Teni shite Cheatppoi kedo Zako Chara na no de Medatazu Heiwa na Shomin wo Mezashimasu! - Ch. 1 - Susie meets people

Supporter
Thanks for the chapter!

Yeah, GB stuff feels quite polarised with isekai stuff, where it's either completely irrelevant after the beginning so it'd make no difference to the story if it never happened; OR it's a focus on body dysphoria and how they struggle to come to terms with it.

I can't think of many stories off the top of my head that have a comfortable middle-ground (though that's probably the cold medicine talking)

This one seems to be the former kind which, at the end of the day regardless of how it's done, as long the story is passable, I don't really care that much. The Isekai genre is typically a brain=off or brain=power saver read., to me at least
wait I can t remember a single one isekai that threat the dysphoria aspect, it is already rare that it is even a thing but in isekai I do not remember one maybe I am miss remembering.
if you remember the sone title that do threat it could you please give me their title :bocchiwave:

Supporter
Do you also ask this inder all isekai mangas? Why isekai and not just a random dude who suddenly got power?
I mean yeah, that is a healthy question to ask especially if you ever written something yourself, is their a reason why the plot go like that, why I write it this way instead of another, not every story need to justified everything but also the good story are the one that ask themself those question and cut the fat to focus on their strength

Dex-chan lover
Why can't we just have the 300 years slime trope back...you start by being weak, then you make the normal grind which gives room for character and plot development. Something tells me these authors just copy each other's idea like hivemind without playing a single MMORPG they're basing their manga on.

Dex-chan lover
Is it really GL if the main character is an old middle aged office worker inside?

That feels like a scam to me, fraud even

Like old-school World of Warcraft fat nerd using a naked dancing night elf on top of a mailbox to catfish people into giving them gold for their mount kind of scam, but worse

Dex-chan lover
I can't tell if this is meant to be reductive or subversive, what with throwing all the cliches together at once and without a lick of context
Maybe the author wants us to see things from the eyes of the MC. Clueless about anything...

Dex-chan lover
How many years its been since both OP MC and generic isekai plot got popular again, and i thought magic academies were worse at some point lmao

Fed-Kun's army
I dont really understand why the genderswap. Why not just let a girl reincarnate and not have a weird plot point that probably wont be used?
For me it always feels as if he artist doesnt accept same sex relations but its okay now because he was once a man.
There is a public for that....a friend told me...

Double-page supporter
Frankly because there is a reason this genre exists and people like to self insert/imagine themselves in these situations. They want to be the guy becoming a girl. There is no other reason than appealing to people with that fantasy.
What are the odds this is written for/by trans eggs who don't realize that's 1) an option, 2) not a very cis desire to have

Double-page supporter
wait I can t remember a single one isekai that threat the dysphoria aspect, it is already rare that it is even a thing but in isekai I do not remember one maybe I am miss remembering.
if you remember the sone title that do threat it could you please give me their title :bocchiwave:
I really wish they explored this more. Or at least addressed the implications of not exploring this. If a guy being transformed into a girl automatically starts going by a feminine name and she/her pronouns, does that mean trans folks are automatically accepted when they transition medically/magically? Or does it mean this person was always somewhat genderfluid/non-binary?

So far the closest I've seen is in Reincarnated into a Total Fantasy Knockout, but that was playing more into how gender and relationships play into each-other. Had to google a bit to remember the title (damn light-novel adaptations), and that led me to Since I Have Been Reincarnated as the Daughter of a Duke, I, the "Girl Inside," Will Enjoy Being a Girl as Much as I Can!, which seems to be about an actual trans woman.

Dex-chan lover
I really wish they explored this more. Or at least addressed the implications of not exploring this. If a guy being transformed into a girl automatically starts going by a feminine name and she/her pronouns, does that mean trans folks are automatically accepted when they transition medically/magically? Or does it mean this person was always somewhat genderfluid/non-binary?

So far the closest I've seen is in Reincarnated into a Total Fantasy Knockout, but that was playing more into how gender and relationships play into each-other. Had to google a bit to remember the title (damn light-novel adaptations), and that led me to Since I Have Been Reincarnated as the Daughter of a Duke, I, the "Girl Inside," Will Enjoy Being a Girl as Much as I Can!, which seems to be about an actual trans woman.
The Duke Girl is not Transformers yet. he just thinks that. he got a girlfriend and still wears dude clothes like a normal dude. now he got isekai'd his wish to become a girl had come true in the new world.

Double-page supporter
The Duke Girl is not Transformers yet. he just thinks that. he got a girlfriend and still wears dude clothes like a normal dude. now he got isekai'd his wish to become a girl had come true in the new world.
Many trans folks stay in the closet because their environment is not accepting. If you knew that being authentic could get you fired, disowned, ostracized, would you risk it?

Some trans women like women.

For men who genuinely have the wish to become a woman, I have news for you, most men don't want that. Wanting to become a woman is a very deeply trans woman thing. If the protagonist wanted to become a woman, that makes them a trans woman. Even if they never came out or transitioned. Just like how a bisexual person is still bisexual, even if they only ever act on the straight attraction.

Supporter

Yeah I am aware of the two but they are closer to a question about gender identity than the dreadful experience of dysphoria,
One of the best as far as gender identity in a fantaisy go is Majo no Geboku to Maou no Tsuno, their are quite a "lot" of other one but I do not have the time to link them rn (can ask me too if you are interested I will take the time later)

For men who genuinely have the wish to become a woman, I have news for you, most men don't want that.
Still cis tho :chad:

Double-page supporter
Still cis tho :chad:
Take your time. (I shall not break the prime directive to make egg jokes, I shall not break the prime directive to make egg jokes I shall not break the prime directive to make egg jokes)

Users who are viewing this thread