Onna Chara de Isekai Teni shite Cheatppoi kedo Zako Chara na no de Medatazu Heiwa na Shomin wo Mezashimasu! - Ch. 1 - Susie meets people

Dex-chan lover
I dont really understand why the genderswap. Why not just let a girl reincarnate and not have a weird plot point that probably wont be used?
For me it always feels as if he artist doesnt accept same sex relations but its okay now because he was once a man.
Deadass it's not even like they use it as an awkward way to shove in some transition allegory, its just straight up a man in a woman's body. It's near exclusively used for "but I'm actually a guy inside!" Gags or having other women in the story share skinship and other social behaviors that they wouldn't consider if he was visibly the dude that both reader and MC know he is.

Apparently controversial take, but if the person inhabiting a woman's body considers themselves a man, and that character is the only "woman" being intimate with other women, it shouldn't have the GL tag at all. It's more of a damn bodysnatch fetish than anything

Supporter
Apparently controversial take, but if the person inhabiting a woman's body considers themselves a man, and that character is the only "woman" being intimate with other women, it shouldn't have the GL tag at all. It's more of a damn bodysnatch fetish than anything
A that point we enter more into the ever lasting questioning of the LGBTQ+ flag and what fall under what, I think both can be considered valid IRL.

...Now yeah it is kinda a pain to try to find some GL where both person involved identify as women and then find... a old cis dude in the body of a girl :fml:
I mean I don t really care most of the time but when you actually want to read a lesbian story that is just painful :nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
Damn bro really just put pacing to the side to get to what they thought the "good part" is. Reminds me of those horror move explainer youtubers or toaru season 3. Hope it gets better

Supporter
the armor is gone

anyway, I like the genre so am glad to see that this exists, but dang this feels very half assed

Dex-chan lover
A that point we enter more into the ever lasting questioning of the LGBTQ+ flag and what fall under what, I think both can be considered valid IRL.

...Now yeah it is kinda a pain to try to find some GL where both person involved identify as women and then find... a old cis dude in the body of a girl :fml:
I mean I don t really care most of the time but when you actually want to read a lesbian story that is just painful :nyoron:
It's still a lesbian story. They're both girls. And before you bring up about how "one is guy inside pre-reincarnation", they're still girls to me.

Dex-chan lover
I dont really understand why the genderswap. Why not just let a girl reincarnate and not have a weird plot point that probably wont be used?
For me it always feels as if he artist doesnt accept same sex relations but its okay now because he was once a man.
idk, it can be done for comedic effect like that other isekai genderswap manga I forgot the name, it was really funny
or maybe its wish fulfillment or the author's barely disguised fetish who knows

Dex-chan lover
Genderswap and GL? Color me intrigued. Will follow with interest.

Also did someone mention the prime directive?

Dex-chan lover
in the isekai genre there's usually that trope where the MC will randomly come upon someone in the middle of nowhere being attacked by monsters/bandits and the MC will save them while displaying their cheat powers. oftentimes, that stranger is or has a waifu among them.

i didn't quite expect the waifu to be a dandy old man getting princess-carried by a genderbent MC

vl53TgO.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
You clearly do not understand the point of it. It is that the author likes yuri (which I suppose counts as "same-sex relations" as you put it), or at least have other such men as their target demographic, and the genderbending is to allow the character to be a self-insert everyone can self-insert into.

What man doesn't want a fantasy where they get to not only immerse themselves into a yuri relationship, but also actually be one of the participants of it? And likely also going to be a harem of cute girls at that!
It is as simple as that - it is a standard power-fantasy. Except the mc is one even men can self-insert into. That's what is the purpose of the genderswap.

Users who are viewing this thread