Onna dakara, to Party wo Tsuihou Sareta no de Densetsu no Majo to Saikyou Tag wo Kumimashita - Ch. 20.2

Dex-chan lover
My dudes this manga played its hand ages ago. People have pointed out this was written in direct response to unfair sexist practices in Japan. If you're still complaining about the guys this far in then you have nobody to blame but yourselves.
Description literally says it’s about smashing the patriarchy and kissing girls. Everyone knew what they were getting into before they clicked Chapter 1.

Dex-chan lover
If you feel so then I think you’ll only find things to be cringe worthy from now on. Be prepared for that.. the translators have pretty much caught up with the manga. It’s great to see a female mangaka pen a yuri material but I wish she would flesh the male characters more instead of making them 2D
This isn't even 2D, this is 1D. This manga is high on cringe.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like if all three parts were released as one, i would just drop the chapter and never pick this shit back up.
Women aren't getting married in Japan because of how they are expected to quit their jobs and be housewives. (also the no time anyone has due to the work hours but that is a different issue)
So the normal stuff? Nothing wrong with that, family is more important that work.

Supporter
This arc is so blunt and boring
The whole point of it is to get Katherine to join the team, but the conflict is so fucking stupid, that it just feels like a filler episode
Did author run out of good ideas or smth?
Have you read the story up to this point? Blunt misogyny dialed up to 11 has been the theme since chapter 1.

Supporter
So the normal stuff? Nothing wrong with that, family is more important that work.
You are aware that men are able to do housework and care for the family, too, while the wife keeps earning money?
Or that unfortunately in many societies one person isn't able to earn enough to support an entire family anymore (which is a different problem on its own).
You are literally part of what this manga is talking about.

Dex-chan lover
You are aware that men are able to do housework and care for the family, too, while the wife keeps earning money?
Or that unfortunately in many societies one person isn't able to earn enough to support an entire family anymore (which is a different problem on its own).
You are literally part of what this manga is talking about.
Man i wonder if out of the two genders one has a disadvantage that comes with children? Could it be that one gender literally has to do nothing before during and after childbirth to keep the child alive, while the other one has to carry it before give birth to it during and breastfeed it after?
And if you can't support a family, don't start one. Like it's cool that you want a kid, but you need to have someone look after it and also have enough cash to support all three of you. Oh and no, kindergarten is not a good choice in any country.

Supporter
Man i wonder if out of the two genders one has a disadvantage that comes with children? Could it be that one gender literally has to do nothing before during and after childbirth to keep the child alive, while the other one has to carry it before give birth to it during and breastfeed it after?
And if you can't support a family, don't start one. Like it's cool that you want a kid, but you need to have someone look after it and also have enough cash to support all three of you. Oh and no, kindergarten is not a good choice in any country.
How did you even get here with your mid-1900s perceptions? You somehow made it to chapter 20.2 of a manga that villainizes men who you seem to 100% agree with. That is somewhat astounding.
Whether or not to breastfeed is the mother's choice and just one aspect to consider. It is by no means obligatory nowadays. The rest is totally irrelevant when considering whether a parent decides to continue working or stay at home after marriage.

Regarding the second half, birth rates in many first world countries have been declining for decades already, with Japan being among the lowest.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
How did you even get here with your mid-1900s perceptions? You somehow made it to chapter 20.2 of a manga that villainizes men who you seem to 100% agree with. That is somewhat astounding.
Whether or not to breastfeed is the mother's choice and just one aspect to consider. It is by no means obligatory nowadays. The rest is totally irrelevant when considering whether a parent decides to continue working or stay at home after marriage.

Regarding the second half, birth rates in many first world countries have been declining for decades already, with Japan being among the lowest.
I made it to chapter 20.2 with the power of consuming trash, which is how i make it far in almost every shitty manga i read.
Breastfeeding is something that mothers should do if they care about their children, it's better that trusting corporations who have a history of doing really bad stuff. And i don't care about birth rates, why should i? The world can end after my death for all i care.
Now if you excuse me, i need to whip myself for being bisexual in the year 1928 of our lord.

That's the thing : in japan (and not only there, but as the manga intend to adress japan in particular, I'll focus on that), women are expected to start a family during their youth, only working until finding a husband so they can become housewives. A career minded woman is frowned upon there, because she's seen as "not fulfilling her role as a woman".

Frick, there's even a slang for unmarried women past 25 in japan : "christmas cake" because after 25th of december, nobody want a christmas cake anymore. Let's not forget of the many lesbians forcing themselves to marry and have kids just because of the social and peer pressure put on them. Simply put, in japan, a woman that has not started a family before 25 is pretty much considered to have wasted her life. Another reason why "shotgun marriages" are a thing there.

Sure, this chapter might be bland compared to the whole tournament and revenge thing but it's still in line with the intent purpose of the manga and still making a heavy parody out of it, so people can't simply go as that guy in the chapter and deny what's going on.

Dex-chan lover
My dudes this manga played its hand ages ago. People have pointed out this was written in direct response to unfair sexist practices in Japan. If you're still complaining about the guys this far in then you have nobody to blame but yourselves.
Eh, I would agree with you if it was still the first few arcs, but I do agree with ppl that the gimmick is growing stale fast. It is fine to retain it in your plot, but at least make them otherwise interesting as well. Still going to continue and read to see if mangaka realizes this too and actually takes the story anywhere (it's not a lost cause, yet), but this current arc is exactly the kind I hope to not see again (you don't want redeemable bad guys? Fine, both can be fun. But then at least make them threatening in some manner, or focus on some other part of the story. Don't make an uninteresting villain the focus).

Dex-chan lover
That's the thing : in japan (and not only there, but as the manga intend to adress japan in particular, I'll focus on that), women are expected to start a family during their youth, only working until finding a husband so they can become housewives. A career minded woman is frowned upon there, because she's seen as "not fulfilling her role as a woman".

Frick, there's even a slang for unmarried women past 25 in japan : "christmas cake" because after 25th of december, nobody want a christmas cake anymore. Let's not forget of the many lesbians forcing themselves to marry and have kids just because of the social and peer pressure put on them. Simply put, in japan, a woman that has not started a family before 25 is pretty much considered to have wasted her life. Another reason why "shotgun marriages" are a thing there.

Sure, this chapter might be bland compared to the whole tournament and revenge thing but it's still in line with the intent purpose of the manga and still making a heavy parody out of it, so people can't simply go as that guy in the chapter and deny what's going on.
Yes. And it’s available in English as well. Already finished after volume 2, so short read.
So the light novel run has ended?

Dex-chan lover

I have a surprise for you. Japan society SUCKS, it's not something unique to women, it's their entire society. And the wedding shit? It can't be fixed by "feminism", because it's something that comes from their society as a whole, it won't be fixed ever, it's not something that can even be fixed without a massive tragedy (WW2).
So yea, very cool, now go and make a good manga and not just "LOOK AT THOSE THINGS, DON'T THEY MAKE YOU THINK OF THE PROBLEMS IN REAL LIFE??", because while i haven't read 1984, i assume that it's entertaining and not just "look guys, totalitarianism=bad!", so make something entertaining and not just a message.

Dex-chan lover
yes. 2 volumes in total.
Seriously? Wow.. did it get axed or did the Author run out of material? Looking at how the way the male characters are represented here (everyone are 1-D or2-D ) I would not be super if it were either of the above. Just disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread