Onnamaou-sama wa Yuusha-kun o Taosenai. - Ch. 6

Fed-Kun's army
Creepy & sinister silhouette: What a surprise!
Panicked MangaDex readers: Hitting speed-dial to HSS
<THE KNIGHT HAS INVADED>

(I actually expect it'll be played off as comedy like the demon army general)

Supporter
(even taking into account his promise to his grandfather)
Of course, that relationship on its own brings in its own implications.

1*o8vCLus3CHy6vuacf0KYAA.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
no way anyone is afraid of such a cute kid, c'mon now... that's the best you could come up with to isolate him from the rest of the villagers, really?
I can see why. They think the mere existence of a hero will attract monsters and calamities, and like... they aren't wrong? There are already demons who want to eradicate him, so the villagers are afraid they might become what I can only describe as "collateral damage".

Still, it breaks my heart and kinda makes me wish the hero switches sides at some point. Or maybe just finds a way to coexist with demons somehow.

Dex-chan lover
Damn a was expecting a fun chapter like the others but shit hits. It's actually getting interesting, I don't mind things to get a bit serious tho.

Thanks for the translation ❤️

Dex-chan lover
Hero is really strong. Those villagers better start showing their gratitude, or else they'll have one very angry demon queen to worry about.

Dex-chan lover
If I may borrow some words from Dr. Seuss:

"I meant what I said, and I said what I meant. A [Hero] is faithful, one hundred percent."

Late Edit -- OH GOD THE FEELS HIT SO MUCH HARDER WHEN YOU PUT THIS CHAPTER INTO THE CONTEXT OF HIS IMAGE TRAINING FROM THE LAST CHAPTER
:qq:
:qq:
Yeah, he was protecting the villagers in the face of danger, trying to become the ideal image of a hero that was ingrained in him. Even though there wasn't such danger in this chapter, to see it played out in reality ... orz

Supporter
Yeah, he was protecting the villagers in the face of danger, trying to become the ideal image of a hero that was ingrained in him. Even though there wasn't such danger in this chapter, to see it played out in reality ... orz
"I'll come back when you need me, so don't worry!"

...he says to a group that are thoroughly convinced can only be 'safe' if the hero is as far away from them as possible; and that 'saving the world' is something that happens somewhere else. Only the little girl could see things in the simple, clear manner of "if someone does something nice for you, you tell them 'thank you'."

Dex-chan lover
no way anyone is afraid of such a cute kid, c'mon now... that's the best you could come up with to isolate him from the rest of the villagers, really?
The others have had some valid points, but IMO the reason they fear him is because such a young child harbors enough power to fight on the same level as the demon lord. It was also mentioned that he has anger issues.

So basically they see him as an emotionally damaged, unnaturally strong, immature, orphaned child, who spends most of his time fighting monster or "training" to fight the demon lord.

Not exactly the description of someone I want playing with my kids. Not just because of the potential for then to get hurt, but also because heroes attract all sorts of weirdness to themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread