Oogami-san, Dadamore Desu - Vol. 7 Ch. 38 - The World's One and Only...

Supporter
okay, not gonna lie... kinda disappointed... In one chapter, he changed his mind about not going, and the next chapter series end just like that, with a snap of fingers...

@Harmless_Potato your gif may cause some kind of brain attack or mind erasing or smt... I legit stared at it for 10 seconds...

jo1

the ending would have been kind of decent if the author excluded the whole "going away for another four years" thing wtf

Aggregator gang
Yeah, the whole "long distance relationships / meeting again after some number of years is rOmAnTiC" theme is a problem with Japanese love stories.
Like, yeah, it's true love if you can keep it up through distance and time without seeing each other, but creating a hamfisted reason for it JUST so you can cram it in is bullshit.

On another note, I was hoping Oogami's middle school friend would meet her again and apologize for being such a selfish asshole.
Was the manga really cut short? Because honestly, this ending seems a little rushed, but not "you have 2 chapters left NOW GO" rushed like other manga that have been clearly axed.

But this has been a great read anyway, despite the ending being a little lackluster.

Double-page supporter
I will say I've like this manga overall. It's had its ups and its downs but overall it was refreshing in a lot of ways. But seeing how things turned out in the end, makes me so upset. Maybe it's because of personal reasons, but this idealizing of moving away from everyone to get a "broader experience" is something I hate. I've seen within my own family people moving all over the place to try to find something better, and just ending up isolated and lonely with no connections to anyone else.

This relationship is presented as being so "cute and wholesome" but as other people have said it's just so unfair. Oogami has put so much effort into this, she has cared so much, and Yaginuma barely tries. I was hoping in the earlier chapters that we would see him grow as a person, and learn how to be supportive to her like she was to him. Instead him "growing up" is presented by him leaving her and all of these friends that he apparently cherishes for the nebulous shit reason of, "gotta broaden my horizons."

I get that some people are saying this manga got axed and that's why the ending feels bad, but I don't think that's true. Even if it was axed, that doesn't change the fact that this whole moving away arc is completely contrived. It doesn't arise naturally from the behavior of its characters, it actively clashes with them. The whole fucking story has been about Yaginuma learning to form connections with people, and Oogami learning to express herself. So we end with him cutting ties with everyone and Oogami not getting a chance to express how she feels, then just changing her mind to go along with his decision rather than actually stand up for herself.

Maybe I'm overreacting to the details of this story. It just feels like so many of my own personal insecurities and major issues come up in this story and some of the behavior that has most hurt me in the past is seen as perfectly fine here. It's shit and I don't know if I could recommend this story with the level of disappointment I've felt over this ending.

Edit: I will note, none of this frustration is to the translators and editors for that here. You all have done a great job as best as I can tell. Thank you for your hard work.

Double-page supporter
thank you to the teams that translated and brought this manga to us. your work is always appreciated.

as for the manga, i'm disappointed with how this ended especially considering how it started. i was hoping for another slow burn with an interesting twist but it became less and less of an issue in the later volumes without really any change or development. it just stopped being a thing. over the course of the last volume, it seemed like they were repeating themselves over and over again and jokes that would've worked earlier started to get annoying.

in the end, i'm glad it decided to stop here before things got even worse. i couldn't see this getting better so might as well stop now.

Dex-chan lover
Was it axed or sth? This ending came out of nowhere for me

I get why it was wrapped up so quickly, what with the story essentially spinning its wheels, but it still feels like a waste of potential. Oh well, the Dao of Writing is a path filled with hurdles & slippery slopes.

Fed-Kun's army
Holy shit there are so many goddamn idiot crybabies in these comments, you people saying this is a shit ending make no Goddamn sense same thing with the people calling him a asshole you people don't get to decide that plus I highly doubt any of you braindead dumbasses could write anything even close to being good, and quit projecting your failed long distance relationships onto the character, and to the people calling the manga garbage THEN WHY DID YOU FUCKING READ IT YOU DUMBASSES!?

Users who are viewing this thread