Ookami-kun wa Hayakawa-san ni Katenai - Ch. 9 - A Wolf's Alliance part 1

Dex-chan lover
Pretty common in japan. People buy dachshunds thinking they’ll be small, but if they go big, they’ll abandon them.

Obviously it’s not all Japanese, but it’s happened enough times for it to be a stereotype

Fed-Kun's army
Quite a number of comments automatically assuming the abandonment was intentional.
Just take it as a possible excuse for the main pair to look for her owners over multiple chapters.

Could be shitty ass people, could.be the dog went missing, could be filler chapters. I don't fucking know

The dog says... "My husbands hungry... and I'm hungry too..."
We only see one dog... The other dog (if there is one) got nothing to eat.
Wondering if a mistranslation is involved? or they will show her(dog) husband later on...

Probably is a mistranslation, the translator doesn't have the best command of English.

Group Leader
@kuy9new ご主人はおらんし腹は減るしもうワイはあかん is the original sentence if you wanna check it out for yourself. I’m pretty sure the dog’s from the Kinki region, giving it a Kansai-ben/Kinki dialect, which I interpreted as it speaking a little abnormally.
@wooklee I interpreted it as an act to gauge the character of Ogami, but we’ll see next time if the dog’s got a husband or not.
(correction: nah, I'm just wrong and I don't know what's right here.)

It might be a mistranslation, but I’m willing to change it given I have something to change it with. This is the first time I’ve run into dialectical Japanese, so I may very well be wrong.

Dex-chan lover
@Tactless sadly, it probably was intentional. Every time a hurricane hits, a lot of people just turn their dogs loose rather then have to evacuate with them. The worst ones just leave them tied up outside. It is bad enough that they are making laws against it.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-bill-would-punish-people-who-abandon-dogs-during-hurricanes

Double-page supporter
r4xi7KI.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread