Ookami wa Nemuranai

Urgh, went celibate from reading manga to binge read after a year, to find out this one got axed -__-. I was already reading the LN, but was looking forward to look at the art coming alive. Oh well, back to LN it is then.

Great manga, but its a short one. I hate short stories, almost as much as I hate prequels. I do not recommend unless you do not mind finding somthing really good only to blast through it in an hour or so and be aware that it is over and will never continue. A real pity to see such a waste. There should be a label for short manga's like this one, unlike one shots tags. I have to give it 6/10, it is my opinion on this but bad reads can be skipped but its truly a sin to waste a good potential like this one had. Even the description is some what misleading thinking there was more to this story as I am yet to find any continuations of this story/character.
If you paid attention you would have noticed it was not planned to be a short story, it was just cancelled. The story continues in the light novel.

Dex-chan lover
what a great adventurer story, and filled with amazing art that give some adventuring vibes. What a great feat, i wish they would like to continue this serialization project.

I am questioning Japanese tastes with this decision why has this been axed when there are some horrible harem mangas still being continued. Seriously I was so happy to see an isekai manga where the protagonist was sensible and realistic and the story was also progressing well and they axed this future masterpiece. Such a shame and very very disappointed 😞

Aggregator gang
I am questioning Japanese tastes with this decision why has this been axed when there are some horrible harem mangas still being continued. Seriously I was so happy to see an isekai manga where the protagonist was sensible and realistic and the story was also progressing well and they axed this future masterpiece. Such a shame and very very disappointed 😞

I am hoping with the rise of manhau and manhwa that the competition starts scaring those idiot publishers over there. This was such a good series, yet they axed it. Granted, maybe the issue wasn't the story but an artist got pulled to another project?

Dex-chan lover
I still wonder sometimes why this (and the LN, which also got axed after 2 volumes) didn't do well enough in Japan to get a full run.

If you liked what was here the whole WN has a solid English fan translation, and another work from the same author is Bard Loen which is also excellent and worth a look.

Users who are viewing this thread