Opening a Café in Another World

@Goldenzeal

I came to the same theories as you, but I don't think any of our theories will ever be confirmed or denied by the story.
The author glosses over the holes and makes the mc not even question it just take it as fact.
It diminishes the story as you said by needing to focus really hard not to get strung up on how stupid it is. And that is my main point actually. Every plot hole suspends belief and there are so many that it reflects back onto the story. It's not like pulling a knife out of thin air, the plot holes here are on a fundamental story level. The basis on which the story is built is flawed, but it's not irreversible. It can all be solved with a few frames of the goddess relaying information. This could have been done in chapter one and I would be merrily reading the fluff it's supposed to be.

Yes the mc needs time to find her bearings but in the meantime she has effectively bought a place, redecorated it, move into it, found a shop to supply her and have custom hardware built . all the while making enough waves to be widely known in town.
The least they could do was show her taste testing some produce apart from the pseudo tomato. everything else just suddenly turns up.

I'm probably way overthinking something that is supposed to be nothing more than fluff ?
It just stood out enough to be annoying this time.

Dex-chan lover
@okami haha yeah.... sometimes it's fun to over analyze and think so deep to the point of redundancy just for the hell of it.
besides if everymanga was a masterpiece, they would all be mediocre ?
all we can really ask for at this point is that it stays entertaining enough to allow most of it to slide after the " this is new effect" wears off.

Group Leader
Imagine how this series would turn out if it was Gordon Ramsey that was "Isekai'd".

Fed-Kun's army
I'd like alot of these isekia stories alot more if they didn't all involve forcible kidnapping and Stockholm syndrome

Just a tidbit spoiler here for those who want to know the reason behind Risa's 'kidnapping':
Everything shall be explained in chapter 21...

Dex-chan lover
This is a very nice thing that got picked up. Sure the trope of food-from-Japan-brought-to-another-world is overly used nowadays, but I still feel I can relax with this manga. Thanks for the hard work~

I really enjoy the characters, but I can’t help but feel that the writer’s shallow knowledge of food, especially its history and how cuisines are developed, keeps marring the story. Makes me want to write an essay, which means I’ve gotten straight up goofy.

Contributor
I love how much this series depends on the locals being almost supernaturally bad at cooking.

I have to assume that these other-worlders aren't actually human because otherwise, well, cooking ad-hoc isn't actually that hard for a lot of us, there's just no way things should end up like this XD

its definitely weird that the people really suck at cooking,
(what did they do during those 10 years of training)
but its fiction so whatever. but this manga is enjoyable so far

Users who are viewing this thread