Ore dake Fuguu Skill no Isekai Shoukan Hangyakuki ~Saijaku Skill "Kyuushuu" ga Subete o Nomikomu made~ - Ch. 64 - Oni Goddess Tsutsuji (4)

Dex-chan lover
While the situation was unfortunate, one shouldn't be so certain they can "save" her by trying to return her to her prior self. It's not like those events can be undone. She's always going to be a different person for it, and at best you can return some of what she lost.

Dex-chan lover
It feels like everytime we should get answers, we instead get more question.
Ok, she went cray-cray from the shock and literally almost beat the life out her companions and stole their powers.....but does that explain why they are still alive after hundreds of years? If the empire made Rei kill her friend and "her tribe", why is she working for them? Why does she keep "hating" on demons when the true problem is still humans and their greed for power and land?
This meeting with the old companions and these flashback should have moved the plot forward a bit....but I feel like it's still stuck where it was

Dex-chan lover
Tanks for the food

I don't know if it's just me but I'm kinda tired of the "entire time they were referred to as a man but , it turns out she was female the entire time" troupe... I feel like it's being over played
Well blame your language for that cause Japanese has normal ways to refer to people without ever mentioning if they're male or female and that's what has been done since the beginning

Supporter
I get the Empire want to rule the world and sheet, but i can't stop thinking that sending Rei to the Oni village to fight her friend was a very stupid gamble.
It wasnt a gamble, it was on purpose to break Rei. Just it seems to me that the end result is not what they expected, and they’ll get their asses handed to them.

If Tsutsuji had the duty to protect the oni tribe, then why did she just sit around with her thumb up her ass until the entire village was slaughtered?
she didnt care about them.

It feels like everytime we should get answers, we instead get more question.
Ok, she went cray-cray from the shock and literally almost beat the life out her companions and stole their powers.....but does that explain why they are still alive after hundreds of years? If the empire made Rei kill her friend and "her tribe", why is she working for them? Why does she keep "hating" on demons when the true problem is still humans and their greed for power and land?
This meeting with the old companions and these flashback should have moved the plot forward a bit....but I feel like it's still stuck where it was
How they are alive? Good question, someday we’ll know I hope. I suppose we’ll know the reason for why alter Rei works with them later on, remember Rei changed personas and is another person altogether.

Dex-chan lover
While the situation was unfortunate, one shouldn't be so certain they can "save" her by trying to return her to her prior self. It's not like those events can be undone. She's always going to be a different person for it, and at best you can return some of what she lost.
Yeah she'll still be a bit different, but I think the implication here is that she wasn't just broken mentally, but is literally not the same person, with how they talk about how her flow of mana has also changed (and Krusha's ominously vague "just different, who knows" comment). That makes it sound like some kind of weird possession situation to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that the empire (and the Witch) managed to possess her with something via a despair plot hook or something, so that when they defeat whatever the big bad is here, they could legitimately bring her back (and would be the real reason that they sent her to the Oni village, as the witch's power should have already been aware of Tsutsuji's real identity).

Of course, she'd still have some amount of trauma over killing her friend, but her friend coming back to life would probably calm that a bit and the current "totally evil" personality we see wouldn't have any meaning wrt how far gone her real personality would be once they manage to bring her back.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapters!

It's funny that the empire's only "best practice" is to summon people and send them out like ICBMs to do strategic mass destruction to where they see it fit. I am pretty sure out of the logic of manga and LN, they'll summon someone sooner or later who they won't be able to control/brainwash at first encounter. It's like bringing in the demon core in and prodding it with a screwdriver.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the translation! So, Ordina definitely lost a lot of my respect here.

Users who are viewing this thread