Ore dake Fuguu Skill no Isekai Shoukan Hangyakuki ~Saijaku Skill "Kyuushuu" ga Subete o Nomikomu made~ - Vol. 4 Ch. 33 - Nightmare

Dex-chan lover
Serious question here - I might have just forgotten - why did the kingdom bother summoning them?

They seem pretty dominant in this world, and seen to regard the heroes as disposable cattle at best... Honestly they seemed to be better off before the summoning happened. I feel like I missed something, and all the secrets and conspiracy stuff in recent chapters isn't helping...

Supporter
Serious question here - I might have just forgotten - why did the kingdom bother summoning them?

They seem pretty dominant in this world, and seen to regard the heroes as disposable cattle at best... Honestly they seemed to be better off before the summoning happened. I feel like I missed something, and all the secrets and conspiracy stuff in recent chapters isn't helping...
We still dont know. We might get some glimpses of it… soon :p.

Dex-chan lover
Those human empire folks are so busy killing each other that soon there won't be anyone left for Yuuto to fight.

Dex-chan lover

Most likely a trope of they have a evil deity locked underground or something and feed it the hero's souls or powers

Dex-chan lover

Well, you know how it is. After having complete military dominance, you got to keep pumping up that military budget. What else are you collecting taxes for? Hospitals? Schools? Then you got to put that money in risky, unnecessary ventures and hairbrained military toys before you run out the back door with your bag of cash once they realize the trillion dollar plane overloaded with contradictory features can't actually fly.

Dex-chan lover
Changing the name from "Rei" to "Ray" seems a bit strange imo. I don't think Rei is specifically a female name, and since it's the original hero I feel like it might be intended as a double meaning of rei meaning "zero" (even though it's katakana).

Supporter
Changing the name from "Rei" to "Ray" seems a bit strange imo. I don't think Rei is specifically a female name, and since it's the original hero I feel like it might be intended as a double meaning of rei meaning "zero" (even though it's katakana).
We dont know that, since hero’s are summoned (as far as we know of) from Earth, we cant assume its a Japanese name just because. We dont know the gender and Rei doesnt make any sense based on how little we know of, so I made a language based decision. Btw, If Ray was used in previous chapters by the previous translators, would you have a biased opinion now?

Dex-chan lover
Just because a backstory is sad doesn't mean you have to sympathize with the character.

It's just an explanation for why he's the way he is.
Think their comment was more about how annoying it is to have the author frame it that way.

Fed-Kun's army

Most of this is inference from the story, but they seemed to have summoned them to use as fodder to wipe out the rest of their "enemies" but you learn from Demon Princess' perspective that the human kingdom were the ones that started the war. You also learn from further political intrigue scenes that the human kingdom didn't want to use its own people, well you can infer that, and instead wanted to use summoned "heroes" to do their bidding. It wasn't so much as a need to summon them as it was a want to summon them. Especially since within the kingdom's forces there are natives of the world who are far more powerful than the current batch of summoned "heroes" who didn't indulging in skill stealing like Bully Boy or had the absorption skill like MC. As well as there are "demons" and "beastkin" who are currently far more powerful than the current batch of "heroes" outside of Bully Boy and MC. So from all this, you can conclude that they didn't have a need to summon the "heroes" just a desire to do it not to help them with world domination out of necessity, just out of want. It was shown they already think lowly of the "heroes" if said "heroes" can't get the job done when the Pretty Preachy Boy came back empty handed, etc. when they were sent to kill off the rest of the "demons."

Ofc the author tries to give the scumbag a "sad" backstory. Either way, glad he's finally dead.
Thanks for the TL
I mean, I get why everyone don't like it but it's not really that far fetched. Sit around for a while and listen to some people who were bullied and don't think they can get helped and trust me, I empathize and sympathize with their situation, but they'd be the last people I think should get any degree of power because they'd immediately misuse it because of their mental state. It's not an excuse or a justification, it's more like an explanation of why. That person is still accountable for their actions. You don't have to sympathize as in "man, said evil villain had a bad life before said evil villain became evil" because everyone has a choice in how they react to a situation. No matter how hopeless it may seem. But yeah, like I was saying, I've seen a lot of weird mental philosophy on how those who were once bullied if they get powered should just be able to do whatever they want to do with it. Especially on the internet. Especially in manga, manhua, and manwha sites. Especially in the comment sections.

Dex-chan lover
Ofc the author tries to give the scumbag a "sad" backstory. Either way, glad he's finally dead.
Thanks for the TL
Yep every jerk just has a misunderstood past. So that makes everything justified.... Nope
Not how things work.
This complete corrupt kingdom probably has some super important reasoning as well.
Just because a backstory is sad doesn't mean you have to sympathize with the character.

It's just an explanation for why he's the way he is.
Yeah, it's pretty much what Amirifiz said. All that back story was there just to make the character more human. It's not meant to "justify" him in the sense of redeeming him. It's just there for you to go, "Oh, so that makes sense. Still a fucked up guy, but I guess I can see why he's fucked up."

That's what I kinda like about this story. That the characters are "human beings" and not "caricatures".

What is a "Caricature"? That'd be characters like The Joker from the DC universe. Though not the one from the Joker film - that does the opposite and humanizes the Joker - makes him not a caricature. But otherwise, everywhere else he shows up, he's like an overblown parody of what a supervillain is.

Dex-chan lover
Rei is usually for girls but it can be a boys' name.
Which is something the TLer could have discovered in two seconds on Google.

Dex-chan lover
Most of this is inference from the story, but they seemed to have summoned them to use as fodder to wipe out the rest of their "enemies" but you learn from Demon Princess' perspective that the human kingdom were the ones that started the war. You also learn from further political intrigue scenes that the human kingdom didn't want to use its own people, well you can infer that, and instead wanted to use summoned "heroes" to do their bidding. It wasn't so much as a need to summon them as it was a want to summon them. Especially since within the kingdom's forces there are natives of the world who are far more powerful than the current batch of summoned "heroes" who didn't indulging in skill stealing like Bully Boy or had the absorption skill like MC. As well as there are "demons" and "beastkin" who are currently far more powerful than the current batch of "heroes" outside of Bully Boy and MC. So from all this, you can conclude that they didn't have a need to summon the "heroes" just a desire to do it not to help them with world domination out of necessity, just out of want. It was shown they already think lowly of the "heroes" if said "heroes" can't get the job done when the Pretty Preachy Boy came back empty handed, etc. when they were sent to kill off the rest of the "demons."
I like this explanation. Though what gets me is, if they had all those beastkin slaves, couldn't they just been disposable soldiers instead? shrugs hopefully we'll get a good answer soon

Users who are viewing this thread