Ore Igai Dare mo Saishu Dekinai Sozai na no ni "Sozai Saishuritsu ga Hikui" to Pawahara suru Osananajimi Renkinjutsushi to Zetsuen shita Senzoku Mado…

Group Leader
Why would you want cookies to be spicy???
That's how out of touch with reality she is. She doesn't know anything about life outside of alchemy, but she doesn't even know how hard it is to gather the materials she uses.

And Lloyd's traumatic experiences with food have showed us Ruby likes spicy things, so her braindead skills on the kitchen led to mix explosives instead of edible ingredients and think nothing of it.

This is just to show how incompetent she is at everything Lloyd excels at.

Dex-chan lover
Given this stupid girl failure in basic cooking and not even taste tasting her creation I'm seruously thinking she doesn't even have talent as alchemist.
After all a true great alchemist would be able to make incredible potions with low grade materials, but she is using legendary tier materials for everything, is only normal that the resulting product would be a league above others.

Supporter
A lot of people taking kind of seriously a manga where randomly characters have to dress like they're circus performers in order to have a battle to prove their worth, or where a chef participates in combat against an assassin and rescues someone by feeding them.

Like this manga turned hard weird a few times now and regardless of what happens in the LN or anything I think we're in for a very stupid and entertaining trip.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks Kings, I think ya guys dropped these 👑

Thanks for the TL

Im going to add some spoiler what ruby is doing in the latest WN

Ruby is currently being trained by the previous assassin girl Black Crow, about martial arts, cooking, survival, and so on while being stranded in island after escaping from the prison island (hellish style training)

It can be interpreted that this also help Black Crow character development, since this is her first time really want to help someone, and not related to killing business (previously she's having heavy grudge with the MC)

oh, and the WN is already at the last arc, lets hope the author can finish it with no problem

Dex-chan lover
Im going to add some spoiler what ruby is doing in the latest WN

Ruby is currently being trained by the previous assassin girl Black Crow, about martial arts, cooking, survival, and so on while being stranded in island after escaping from the prison island (hellish style training)

It can be interpreted that this also help Black Crow character development, since this is her first time really want to help someone, and not related to killing business (previously she's having heavy grudge with the MC)

oh, and the WN is already at the last arc, lets hope the author can finish it with no problem
Danke fam

Dex-chan lover
So let me get this straight she hates/looks down on the MC because he cried as a kid... I've not seen that dumb idea since the original Brolly. (RIP Akira)
Not that literary, it's more that she cannot see that the crybaby that she knew to be anything else than an incompetent crybaby.
Look like she believes that competent people behave automatically with confidence. She doesn't really get that as soon as he tried to stand up for himself, she shoots him down.
It's call the Pygmalion effect, and it's really hard to get out once it's in place.
  1. Ruby see Loyd as incompetent, because he doesn't always gather ingredients like others
  2. Ruby treat Loyd like an incompetent, because he obviously doesn't try enough or lack talent
  3. Loyd see himself as incompetent, because Ruby who is important to him, say it, and because he does have a lower success than others
  4. Loyd tries working more and better, but don't always success, validating the fact that Loyd is incompetent in Ruby's eyes
And you repeat.

Dex-chan lover
Roffy02:
So let me get this straight she hates/looks down on the MC because he cried as a kid... I've not seen that dumb idea since the original Brolly. (RIP Akira)

Not that literary, it's more that she cannot see that the crybaby that she knew to be anything else than an incompetent crybaby.
Look like she believes that competent people behave automatically with confidence. She doesn't really get that as soon as he tried to stand up for himself, she shoots him down.
It's call the Pygmalion effect, and it's really hard to get out once it's in place.
  1. Ruby see Loyd as incompetent, because he doesn't always gather ingredients like others
  2. Ruby treat Loyd like an incompetent, because he obviously doesn't try enough or lack talent
  3. Loyd see himself as incompetent, because Ruby who is important to him, say it, and because he does have a lower success than others
  4. Loyd tries working more and better, but don't always success, validating the fact that Loyd is incompetent in Ruby's eyes
And you repeat.
dang wanted to say that whelp almost, cause i had no clue about the Pygmalion effect ^^" (but i'm almost certain i heard/read Pygmalion as a title for a game or something i forgot)
Anyway it's seems it's not just a bad thing, it could be use for a positive reinforcement too
and unless i don't remember wrong (witch i definitively will and therefor use what was shown in this one chapter) i don't think she believe what you say she believe, more like i think since young she see him being a crybaby, and for her crybaby = weak, therefore he is weak and since she think of him like that since young and his personality didn't seems to change, then it became an immutable fact, "he can't be good, the one praising him must be worse than him"

Dex-chan lover
Mini-queen's fan says "Elegant" in katakana, if anyone was wondering.
elegance-spy-x-family.gif

Dex-chan lover
dang wanted to say that whelp almost, cause i had no clue about the Pygmalion effect ^^" (but i'm almost certain i heard/read Pygmalion as a title for a game or something i forgot)
Anyway it's seems it's not just a bad thing, it could be use for a positive reinforcement too
and unless i don't remember wrong (witch i definitively will and therefor use what was shown in this one chapter) i don't think she believe what you say she believe, more like i think since young she see him being a crybaby, and for her crybaby = weak, therefore he is weak and since she think of him like that since young and his personality didn't seems to change, then it became an immutable fact, "he can't be good, the one praising him must be worse than him"
Yeah, the Pygmalion effect can have a positive influence too. It's just a system that say, your behavior is influenced by how others see you and the behavior of others is influenced by how you see them.
Ruby is prisoner of the Pygmalion effect as much as Loyd is. It's just that in her case, the result isn't a low self-esteem, but an ego-boost that made her blind to everything else other than her own alchemy.
She doesn't care about her flaws because she never needed to care until now. Because everyone validate that her way was good, because she showed results.

Dex-chan lover
Ruby isn't actually the best alchemist in the country:
she just has/had access to the best ingredients by FAR, when she has to use similar ingredients to other alchemists her failure rates shoot up through the roof because her technique is designed around using those incredible ingredients that artificially inflate her success rate(not that she's realized this yet).

It's why she basically resolves to start over as an alchemist after her side story arc ends and she is completely humbled(I mean being berated by low level Alchemists for poor level technique type of humbled, it obviously takes a while after that event for the lesson to actually sink in though), she realizes Lloyd was the actual talented one and she was riding on coasting on his success, and she vows to rebuild herself as a proper alchemist from the ground up the right way this time without super rare ingredients, obviously.

Lloyd however actually:
easily one of the most powerful mages in the world, not that anyone knows that at this point, they just know he's pretty strong
the only thing holding him back is his lack of confidence.
Where can I read the WN, good sir?

Dex-chan lover
It will either be that he will be accused of cheating or that everyone will start to realize how strong he is.
I doubt he'll be accused of cheating, tbh. If this was earlier, maybe, but the court mage also just saw how awful Ruby was + got anecdotes from her about how amazing Lloyd is, so even if he was accused I think his actual ability would get back to the crown pretty quick.

I think this is just the turning point of the story, where Lloyd gets into good graces and Ruby becomes a bad guy going after Lloyd.

Dex-chan lover
The part where they fight the flamboyant knight; I feel like the comedy's rushed there... I don't like it. That aside, thank you for the TL!

Users who are viewing this thread