Ore Igai Dare mo Saishu Dekinai Sozai na no ni "Sozai Saishuritsu ga Hikui" to Pawahara suru Osananajimi Renkinjutsushi to Zetsuen shita Senzoku Mado…

Dex-chan lover
While I love that the MC is starting to get real recognition for his talents, I hate that it's the same tired trope of him being even more talented than who was previously abusing him. Give us something new pls :glee:
Well, I don't think Loyd is more talented than Ruby, just they have different jobs.
Ruby is currently the best alchemist of the country that can success any formula as long as she has the ingredient.
Loyd is the only mage in the country that can gathering ingredient in forbidden land multiple times.

The reason why the elf told Ruby that he hope she climbs to Loyd level is because it's obvious that she is lacking when it comes to anything outside alchemy, like cooking, magic or common sense.
  • She put explosives ingredients in cookies to make them spicy
  • She asks to gather herbs in the most dangerous area for tomorrow
  • She has a teleportation magic at her home, a known advanced spell but think she just basic magic.
  • When the best mage of the country compliment Loyd, she still insists he was incompetent
She doesn't have to climb her way in alchemy, but in maturity.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

I always forget this is only barely 10 chapters long so I was thinking it is slow but finally it's in that stage that hopefully Lloyd gets to have even more confidence in himself moving forward. Objectively, Lloyd was rated based on a scale of "how fast can a fish climb an oak tree compared to an abled monkey" type of scale. So at least now, he can be seen how he can perform somewhere he can really be his best.

Dex-chan lover
Well, I don't think Loyd is more talented than Ruby, just they have different jobs.
Ruby is currently the best alchemist of the country that can success any formula as long as she has the ingredient.
Loyd is the only mage in the country that can gathering ingredient in forbidden land multiple times.

The reason why the elf told Ruby that he hope she climbs to Loyd level is because it's obvious that she is lacking when it comes to anything outside alchemy, like cooking, magic or common sense.
  • She put explosives ingredients in cookies to make them spicy
  • She asks to gather herbs in the most dangerous area for tomorrow
  • She has a teleportation magic at her home, a known advanced spell but think she just basic magic.
  • When the best mage of the country compliment Loyd, she still insists he was incompetent
She doesn't have to climb her way in alchemy, but in maturity.
Ruby isn't actually the best alchemist in the country:
she just has/had access to the best ingredients by FAR, when she has to use similar ingredients to other alchemists her failure rates shoot up through the roof because her technique is designed around using those incredible ingredients that artificially inflate her success rate(not that she's realized this yet).

It's why she basically resolves to start over as an alchemist after her side story arc ends and she is completely humbled(I mean being berated by low level Alchemists for poor level technique type of humbled, it obviously takes a while after that event for the lesson to actually sink in though), she realizes Lloyd was the actual talented one and she was riding on coasting on his success, and she vows to rebuild herself as a proper alchemist from the ground up the right way this time without super rare ingredients, obviously.

Lloyd however actually:
easily one of the most powerful mages in the world, not that anyone knows that at this point, they just know he's pretty strong
the only thing holding him back is his lack of confidence.

Dex-chan lover
she just has/had access to the best ingredients by FAR, when she has to use similar ingredients to other alchemists her failure rates shoot up through the roof because her technique is designed around using those incredible ingredients that artificially inflate her success rate(not that she's realized this yet).

It's why she basically resolves to start over as an alchemist after her side story arc ends and she is completely humbled(I mean being berated by low level Alchemists for poor level technique type of humbled, it obviously takes a while after that event for the lesson to actually sink in though), she realizes Lloyd was the actual talented one and she was riding on coasting on his success, and she vows to rebuild herself as a proper alchemist from the ground up the right way this time without super rare ingredients, obviously.

Lloyd however actually:
easily one of the most powerful mages in the world, not that anyone knows that at this point, they just know he's pretty strong

It's actually nice to hear that she does get her just desserts in the future, i didn't expect her to get it that bad though. The higher you are, the harder you fall sort of thing.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure why people are complaining, you all knew from the start that this manga is going to be a "MC is abandoned/tired of their team and leaves, and team is weaker without MC" type of mangas.

Even if the story does deviate a bit, the main chunk of the story is still his past and how he overcomes it.
I mean, I went into it hoping for at least a little bit of relationship drama/angst, since the initial premise wasn't just "in a hero party with childhood friends" or "working for a mean boss", but was actually "working for his romantic partner", which ideally would add a new level of emotional involvement into the mix for both parties.

Obviously that's not been panning out, but it's def what I was hoping for going into this.

Dex-chan lover
She is the best in the country. She has that title because she is the only alchemist that can create some potions in the country that were thought impossible before.
The reason why she at the same time that good and incompetent with other ingredients is because she is too dependent on her skill.
Ruby has a skill that give her recipes for anything she wishes for. Ruby wishes only for the best result, without regard for how rare or dangerous the ingredients are. That give her the best result, and she built all her carrier with it.

The problem you talk about arise because no one is willing to fetch ingredients for her anymore. She decides to create something with ordinary ingredients, but her skill is too used to see only the best that she has no ordinary recipes. She was also under stress because she was tracked by that time.

Even a good chef can mess up a dish in an unfamiliar kitchen with unfamiliar ingredients, no recipe and the police behind.

What Ruby realizes after being humbled is that her skill is now useless because it only shows unattainable ingredients. But she can still practice alchemy without it, she just needs to find and memorizes recipes herself.

Dex-chan lover
Speak against a royal, get denounced as fake. Seems typical.

I don't think he's fine.

Those buildings look pretty normal, tbh. They're just much more common than they'd normally be.

The "extravagant" lady on the left looks like a baby.

So it's a little brat with a punchable face. Forgot if she has been shown before.

This is probably one of the more valid excuses for weird armour and costumes. Though I prefer Saint's normal outfit. Bunny maid's pretty good, though. Heels aside. And then we have the jokes with the tourist and the giant space hamster.

Explosive flavouring. She's either one of those chefs, or just has very unique tastes.

Someone's telling her the truth. Don't think her pride can accept that. That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

"War is the foundation of peace."
Well, it's sometimes a necessary evil if used as a proper tool for proper occasions, but never the foundation.

Dex-chan lover
I think fairly soon a large amount of people/ noble classes will start to see that Lloyd is not only far more competent than what they've thought until now, but capable enough to indeed be a "chronicle class mage".

It seems people are also still unaware that Lloyd quit being Ruby's assistant. When that news comes out, and people remember that Ruby's Ateliers has been going downhill of late, they will start to put two and two together. The impression will no longer be "the amazing alchemist Ruby who is only let down by her idiot assistant Lloyd" and will become "Ruby squandered Lloyd's talents, and the world is better off now that he left".

My only hope is that Ruby sees the error of her ways and apologises. She doesn't deserve Lloyd, and still needs to brought down a few more pegs and humiliated a little more. However, I kind of hope that she doesn't follow the standard trope in these kinds of works where she is blinded by her superiority complex to the very end, leading to her demise.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover

Lloyd however actually:
She is the best in the country. She has that title because she is the only alchemist that can create some potions in the country that were thought impossible before.
The reason why she at the same time that good and incompetent with other ingredients is because she is too dependent on her skill.
Ruby has a skill that give her recipes for anything she wishes for. Ruby wishes only for the best result, without regard for how rare or dangerous the ingredients are. That give her the best result, and she built all her carrier with it.

The problem you talk about arise because no one is willing to fetch ingredients for her anymore. She decides to create something with ordinary ingredients, but her skill is too used to see only the best that she has no ordinary recipes. She was also under stress because she was tracked by that time.

Even a good chef can mess up a dish in an unfamiliar kitchen with unfamiliar ingredients, no recipe and the police behind.

What Ruby realizes after being humbled is that her skill is now useless because it only shows unattainable ingredients. But she can still practice alchemy without it, she just needs to find and memorizes recipes herself.
Thanks Kings, I think ya guys dropped these 👑

Thanks for the TL

Dex-chan lover
So let me get this straight she hates/looks down on the MC because he cried as a kid... I've not seen that dumb idea since the original Brolly. (RIP Akira)

Users who are viewing this thread