Ore Igai Dare mo Saishu Dekinai Sozai na no ni "Sozai Saishuritsu ga Hikui" to Pawahara suru Osananajimi Renkinjutsushi to Zetsuen shita Senzoku Mado…

Dex-chan lover
That, and the fact that a Master-level mage, someone who was a part of the Hero's Party that subjugated the last Demon Lord, told her flat-out that she was asking for the impossible. And that if what she said about the MC was even remotely true, then he is a legendary mage with power and skill that dwarfs even his own.

And yet, her reaction was to double-down and call him lazy.

Granted, the perceived assault on his person was a genuine accident. But the reaction thus far to have her locked up was within reason, and would likely be resolved once that Master Mage regains consciousness. If she had just waited things out, she would have been just fine. She would have been publicly humiliated and lost a great deal of credibility, but she still could have made a living. Just nowhere nearly as lavish as she was accustomed to.

But instead, she dug her own grave by absconding with that Crow person. That, right there, is the special kind of stupid that has won Darwin Awards in the past. (And yes, I mean that 100% literally and unironically - what she did really is that kind of stupid.)

I do feel bad for her in that she's deluded herself to that point... buuuuuut I don't exactly feel much pity for her, either.
Yeah, Ruby is a dumb bratty brat that is in need of correction.

Dex-chan lover
If that's Lloyd's image of Ruby - horns, big head, sharp/shark teeth, wings, lil' fin-like arms, and the lower half is a spider... if she has any, ANY, feelings for the guy, he sure as hell has none for her.

Dex-chan lover
This manga cannot make its mind whether it's supposed to be a gag strip, or a super-duper-serious-issues-guys narrative. True, other manga have been able to juggle this successfully, but this one is just fumble after fumble.

Dex-chan lover
Ruby is such a dumbass that its kinda comical to me at this point

Dex-chan lover
There was never any info about if Ruby is talent or not so I won't say much about this ( but I don't think she is really talentless, even with Lloyd's help, she would need to have at least a decent amount of talent to do alchemy, not to mention from the start it is not like she could immediately crafted high class potions, Lloyd is also not strong from the start too... well, too much words ).

Also, she didn't spread lies about Lloyd but rather she really believed that Lloyd was just bad and she believed she was carrying him ( yeah, I know, she is dumb but she is not a liar ).

She also didn't try to kill someone for not doing what she wants like you said too.

That is why I said I can understand why people don't like her but I never understand why they hate her so much.
I can't speak for others, but I hate her because she is the way you describe. She isn't "lying" about Lloyd because she views him as a subhuman lackey.

Her arrogance and cruelty have taken someone that once genuinely cared about her and broke him. Years of mental, and likely physical abuse, spurred on by a sense of superiority that gave her the right to ruin a friend.

Yes, she is far from pure evil - but her self-righteous arrogance and monstrous treatment of others, as well as her refusal to listen to anyone else or accept that she is wrong in anyway...

She not only brought this misery on herself, but she deserves it and worse... Not saying I want her to die, but she needs to have her nose thoroughly rubbed in the mess she made and then forced to deal with the full repercussions of her horrid actions.

Ignorance is not an excuse for being a terrible person. Maybe when all is said and done she can come out of this a better person, or maybe she will wallow in selfish idiocy to her dying day... Have to wait and see. (Either way, I hope Lloyd moves on and never looks back.)

Dex-chan lover
That was an interesting way to resolve a trauma. Truly Elegant!

I don’t understand why people hate Ruby so much, sure, she is an arrogant brat who is drunk on her superiority ( but it is not entirely false with her skill as an alchemist, even with Lloyd gathering skill, she would need enough skill to back up her reputation). She is just dumb and doesn’t understand Lloyd’s talent ( mostly because of her fixed view on him from their childhood).

Even the incident with the elf, she didn’t really try to harm him, it’s just an accident too.

Sure, Ruby is an obnoxious brat but she doesn’t deserved to be hated that much imo.
She isn't just dumb. She's dumb but refuses to learn.
All the helpers she tried to hire (after MC left) told her that her tasks were normally impossible, yet she didn't accept.
Even that elf who was in the hero's party told her so. Yet, she dissed the hero party instead.

She was ungrateful.

Dex-chan lover
It's a bit dramatic. Just a bit. And a way too easy way to solve a trauma.
"Overly dramatic" is this series' middle name. And I'll take that resolution over another 2 years of having to deal with Lloyd cowering from "Ruby's" opinion on every little thing.

The joys of monthly releases.

Thanks for the translation, also I know she isn't a good person and is abusive and all, but death penalty is a bit much

Dex-chan lover
STOP! YOU VIOLATED THE LAW!
hqdefault.jpg

Supporter
There was never any info about if Ruby is talent or not so I won't say much about this ( but I don't think she is really talentless, even with Lloyd's help, she would need to have at least a decent amount of talent to do alchemy, not to mention from the start it is not like she could immediately crafted high class potions, Lloyd is also not strong from the start too... well, too much words ).

Also, she didn't spread lies about Lloyd but rather she really believed that Lloyd was just bad and she believed she was carrying him ( yeah, I know, she is dumb but she is not a liar ).

She also didn't try to kill someone for not doing what she wants like you said too.

That is why I said I can understand why people don't like her but I never understand why they hate her so much.
You completely skipped over the mental and verbal abuse that Lloyd suffered at her hands for years.

And she DID spread lies, sure, it was lies she believed but it was lies that she only believed because she's self-absorbed and refused to even look around the world.
Even if she believed he was useless she still went around telling everyone that Llyod was absolutely useless to the point that the nation he lived in hated him.

People hate her for the abuse, her self-absorbed nature, and the slander.
People mock her for her mid-tier talent and cluelessness.

To answer your last statement, it’s quite simple, people don’t like self centered brats. I myself would not like someone who couldn’t appreciate the dedication and time I put into my craft and also leaving me delusional and traumatized. Another thing to add onto her intentions, even if there is no negative intention, it doesn’t take away from the fact that she is inherently doing bad things and it is still on her to figure that out.

Power Uploader
Surely the author has common sense. He is purposefully making the readers hate Ruby every chapter, surely he won't pull a Demon Slayer style redemption flash back.

Supporter
Can someone spoil why ruby is jailed in the new country?
Presumably, based on previous chapters:
The assassin is in trouble for confidently taking on a mission with a valuable relic and then failing and losing the relic (i think?). It wouldn't be too surprising if the failing assassin is killed and any of her close associates.

Dex-chan lover
All I've ever really wanted out of this (and I know I'll never get it), is for the fact that Lloyd and Ruby were romantic partners to come into play. I'd love to see some sort of confrontation between them where Lloyd asks her if any of it was ever real; if she ever actually loved him.
I'd love to see some lingering regrets from Ruby when she realizes that, this time, he's not actually coming back to her.

I'd love to see anything playing off of that key point of the initial setting, the one thing that really set this apart from any other "my team/boss/employer took me for granted, and when I left everything fell apart for them" manga I've read so far, at least in terms of initial premise.

I know we won't get any of that, but I can dream, damn it. Honestly, I'd take a fanfic of it at this point. Anything, really.

Dex-chan lover
I really hope that Ruby and the sexy assassin become love interests. The queen too, while we're at it. And hopefully we spend less time with that saint...

Users who are viewing this thread