Ore ni Trauma wo Ataeta Joshi-tachi ga Chirachira Mitekuru kedo, Zannen desu ga Teokure desu - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Precious and Sweet Things

Dex-chan lover
That's her whole backstory. She's popular with boys, and they all chased her. They never met her, they just walked up one day and asked her out.
And she randomly fell in love for the one that didn't even know or cared for her existence and actively wants to be alone... just like Trixie from the fairly oddparents, not absurd at all and very natural huh... again I know this story is very romanticized but those are not natural exchanges...

Last edited:
Supporter
These fuckers manipulating him into playing for their own selfish BS. None of them actually give a shit about him in the end.

And she randomly fell in love for the one that didn't even know or cared for her existence and actively wants to be alone... just like Trixie from the fairly oddparents, not absurd at all and very natural huh... again I know this story is very romanticized but those are not natural exchanges...
Yes. They pick the ones that don't chase. And yes, it's an exaggeration, for the most part. Few women have ever seen one guy like MC and stalked him across schools because he didn't fawn over them. But they're definitely tried getting his attention.

Dex-chan lover
Aint no way they went for the misunderstanding trope :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Even one of the girls literary told her "if you are not honest you might end up in trouble":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: God, this manga never ceases to make me laugh. Best unintentional comedy by far.

Dex-chan lover
Or boy definitely deserves a way better girl than any of this that just left him as an empty shell

Dex-chan lover
Yes. They pick the ones that don't chase. And yes, it's an exaggeration, for the most part. Few women have ever seen one guy like MC and stalked him across schools because he didn't fawn over them. But they're definitely tried getting his attention.
well at least now we agree that it's unnatural and absurd...

Dex-chan lover
How it progressed, not how it started. The trope continues to be well-grounded in reality.
If it were grounded in reality, the guy that actively wants to be alone.... would be alone... and spoilers:
I saw the raws of the next few chapters and it seems that it will get to Alabama levels of stupidity if you know what I mean

If it were grounded in reality, the guy that actively wants to be alone.... would be alone... and spoilers
I saw the raws of the next few chapters and it seems that it will get to Alabama levels of stupidity if you get what I mean
"If this trope were grounded in reality, this other trope would be"

:questionblob:

I saw the raws of the next few chapters and it seems that it will get to Alabama levels of stupidity if you get what I mean

I knew from the start.

Dex-chan lover
"If this trope were grounded in reality, this other trope would be"
*if the story... not the trope, so far the tropes are just that, very poor implemented narrative tools to artificially create drama.

Edit: oh, next chapter is out, yup, stupid and unnatural... now my opinion is cemented lol

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Right, so you got confused by the colloquial language. Got it.

Let me explain: We all know it doesn't mean the strict definition of NTR. We know she didn't actually sleep with him. What we're saying is that, she got herself "stolen" in a non-sexual way, and "NTR" is the closest analogue to it. This is a non-technical use of language.
This "non-technical use of language" is why the term got so watered down, it almost doesn't have a defined meaning anymore.
And its bad. Words should have meaning.

It's not us calling what his sister did attempted murder, it's what we guessed the MC perceived her sister did to him back then, and yeah, it would be preeeeetty difficult to believe someone doing the same thing saying it was an 'accident' after the fact when you're the victim. This was back when they were children, as well, the trauma of which left a huge impact on MC going forward.

Most of us, the readers, know the truth that it's an accident, but we also have to sympathize with MC thinking otherwise because yeah, he could have died. That shit's scary, man. You can't blame him for putting up a wall between himself and his sister and try to totally avoid her altogether after that.

Anyway, I'm done with that part, moving onto this one. Yeah, I can see MC focusing solely on basketball as his form of therapy getting over his heartbreak, and that's honestly quite healthy. He just wants to mind his own business and concentrate on his own recovery and self-improvements. It's just a shame those around him made such a big deal out of it, including Kamishiro, which was hilarious to see her getting shot down like he didn't even know her when she, herself, knows how popular she was. More girls these days need to have a taste of that humble pie.
Except plenty of people here are full of hatred for both the sister and the others, which does make it seem like they don't, in fact, realize that what happened was an accident. Especially since MC himself doesn't blame the girls, instead choosing to see it as his fault.

And beyond that, do you really not see the issue with MC? I certainly don't think it is normal to not realize that the sister didn't mean what she said for an entire decade, especially with her repeatedly attempting to explain and apologize, doubly so considering they were both small children. Even if he had trouble believing it immediately, the fact that he still is convinced that she meant it just shows a deep lack of perspective. It's why several people joked about him having brain damage. There's more wrong with this guy than what these girls did to him.

But beyond that, I'm not even really concerned with him choosing to stay at a certain distance from people. He doesn't owe them relationships - much like they don't him. What I am concerned with is the way plenty of people in these threads talk about the girls, which often reeks of misogyny.

This "non-technical use of language" is why the term got so watered down, it almost doesn't have a defined meaning anymore.
And its bad. Words should have meaning.
No, it got watered down because people never bothered to learn in the first place. If you look in the comments section for any NTR series, people have learned to associate the hardest of NTR's, where the woman is in some deeply committed relationship before she's corrupted, and then the man forced to suffer through her infidelity, with the term. In fairness, the most shocking ones are the most popular, so you can understand the problem. But my joking about the guy getting NTR'd because his childhood friend decided to date some other guy in some weird power move isn't part of the problem.

If anything, anyone that accepts that definition unironically would probably be closer to understanding the actual concept as something more than just "cheating", since this correctly captures the idea of a a betrayal from and/or loss of a romantic interest, rather than a significant other.

Dex-chan lover
Unfortunately for Kamishiro it happened to be the last straw for our MC.

Chronologically:

1. Our MC endured the bullying in elementary school and fought back. MC gets taught that kindness doesn't pay. (Hence his statement to the Student Council prez after the false accusation shocked the prez that it was that serious because he genuinely thinks that way)
2. MC gets pushed by his sister. He can't trust his family anymore.
3. MC gets NTR'ed by his childhood friend who supported him through the two events. He loses hope in the people around him that he grew up with.
4. MC tries to get into sport to detox his emotions. He meets Kamishiro, an outsider who could have helped him recover but we all now knew how that turned out. MC loses his last avenue to get his needed self therapy. What could have been a new beginning, instead turned into the last straw and extinguishes the last vestiges of hope for our MC. MC basically loses hope on humanity when it comes to women.

Our MC's philosophical position outside of Japan would be closer to what is known as a black piller.

Users who are viewing this thread